medjuck

RIP Claude Carriere

4 posts in this topic

I just  heard that Claude Carriere a broadcaster, record producer and all-round great friend of jazz has died. I first met him in New Orleans at his son-in-law's house and we had all gone to see Henry Butler at Snug Harbor.  Next met him at an Ellington conference in NY.  Last time I saw him was in Paris but we kept in touch via the internet and I was often surprised to find his name on cds of great classic jazz.  

Sad to hear that! 

Jean-Claude Carrier, the writer of screenplays, also died from coronavirus on Feb. 8

2 hours ago, medjuck said:

I just  heard that Claude Carriere a broadcaster, record producer and all-round great friend of jazz has died. I first met him in New Orleans at his son-in-law's house and we had all gone to see Henry Butler at Snug Harbor.  Next met him at an Ellington conference in NY.  Last time I saw him was in Paris but we kept in touch via the internet and I was often surprised to find his name on cds of great classic jazz.  

Obituary on France Music:

https://www.francemusique.fr/actualite-musicale/la-mort-de-claude-carriere-92925

His regular Ellington broadcasts were  priceless items on French radio for years....

Hé is very much missed...