How's Your Sperm Count?

JSngry

1614177456356.jpg

https://www.axios.com/falling-sperm-count-endocrine-disruption-59c8be98-bfad-4e9b-8738-985ece67a21d.html

Falling sperm counts could threaten the human race

ohmygodinthefuturewomenwillholdfertilemalesasbreedingsexslaves

Kinda thinking the problem is too many people already, but apparently that's not a problem that will fix itself...but i think it is.

I can’t fathom how an ever increasing world population (of humans, to be specific) is in any way sustainable.

My wife and I are child-free, and the world could do with a LOT more families who willingly chose to have only one child (or less). And maybe if the birthrate mysteriously dropped, that wouldn’t at all be a bad thing in the long run (realizing that younger generations are often saddled with paying healthcare and some retirement costs for those in their last decade or two — so there are some nontrivial issues in the short run).

Still, overall — looking one- and two-hundred years from now — life would have to be better for more (as a percentage of the total world population), if we all somehow learned to procreate less — especially or if our collective virility were to somehow take a hit “naturally”(?) — like as a byproduct of whatever forces are causing these lower sperm-counts and testosterone levels.

I don’t begrudge anyone in particular for having 2 or even more kids — but it would be great and far better if birth replacement rates were somehow (again “naturally”) kept to an average of less than 2 rugrats per couple.  Even 1.75 (remember, we’re taking overall averages here), would make a big difference over time.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

I know, right? No more of this "job" craziness!

But you gotta keep the sperm count up, so...eat a lot of eggs, maybe?

I LOL at the possibility that there are daily man-made chemicals that are possibly doing this. For years, there's been all this alt-right/wacko talk about various "plots" to "feminize" the males of the free world. Maybe the plot is by hyper-Industry!

Right fear, wrong target, maybe. What else is new?

I was a sperm donor in the early to mid 80s & never thought there was any possibility of me meeting any DC offspring but to my surprise I've made contact with 10 (actually met 7) in the last 2 years. Interesting times......

8 hours ago, riddlemay said:

it's the Fluoride