42 Mosaic Boxes at Bob's Blues & Jazz Mart

This was just posted on Face Book -

We just acquired 42 Mosaic CD box sets. So if you'd like to get some extremely well curated and organized limited edition jazz before the internet does...drop by soon!

(But not Sunday, we'll be closed.)

http://bluesandjazzmart.com/?fbclid=IwAR3KX7CfyoIBXTy8CJLnD0IxDUn-mBfd0D-28h9KIIgW0Ik2JY20hlqS6tY

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Tom 1960 said:

I can't believe it. I scooped up The Count Basie Complete Roulette Studio Recordings for $269! I've been wanting that set for years but never wanted to pay the big price going on eBay. Sounds like talking to the salesperson the set is in pretty good shape.

Congrats. That is a great set. $ for £ about the same that I paid for a NM CD copy a year or so ago, which was itself a good deal. You will enjoy delving into this set.

Edited by sidewinder

Just now, sidewinder said:

Congrats. That is a great set. Slightly less than I paid for a NM CD copy a year or so ago, which was itself a good deal. You will enjoy delving into this set.

I'm really excited. I've been after the set for quite some time but not willing to pay the steep prices that go on eBay these days. I seen that set go for at least 500 and that would be on the low end.

Yes, it can be a pig to find at decent price. Bad enough on CD and even worse for the LP version. The LP was the one I started with, got offered a CD version and liked the extra convenience so well covered ! One of my very favourite Mosaics and like all of those Roulettes, in impeccable sound.

2 hours ago, Tom 1960 said:

I can't believe it. I scooped up The Count Basie Complete Roulette Studio Recordings for $269! I've been wanting that set for years but never wanted to pay the big price going on eBay. Sounds like talking to the salesperson the set is in pretty good shape.

Congrats. That is certainly a tough one to find at a decent price.

2 hours ago, Dub Modal said:

I'm sure they'll sell all of them, but if the prices on a few of those were about 15% cheaper they'd sell a lot quicker. 

They have most of the sets priced very reasonably and no doubt they will sell quickly. It would be hard to find a lot of those sets at cheaper prices.

But I do agree that they do have one or two sets priced on the higher end.

The Ellington/Capitol was long gone by the first time I looked at the page. Seems to be the ongoing story of my chasing that one...but it will come someday. I ain't worried about it, I just need to live long enough and get to the right place at the right time and have the money to pay a fair but not stoopid price.

I remember sleeping on it when it was out, already having the Piano Reflections material and thinking/knowing that the Capitol period was just all kinds of...discouraging...can you imagine the indignity of Duke being signed to a label whose standard bearer of significant jazz was Stan Kenton? Not that Kenton's noise was not relevant, but Duke was definitely not a real consideration at the label, even if "Satin Doll" was a hit. So I was like, eh, I don't want this one too much, and then it went OOP, and that was fine by me.

But that was then...time has passed and now I know that Ellington gonna Ellington no matter what, no matter who the drummer was, no matter who the lead alto was, no matter who was gonna be doing what, in the end it all came out Ellington, and in the end it all matters. So now, yes, I want it.

I just ain't paying no stupid price for it, that's all.

We will meet some day, this set and I. Until then...just gotta wait my turn and be ready when I find myself at the front of the line, that's all.