Mark Whitecage

cliffpeterson

RIP to a fine musician - Clifford and I were at a show in early 2018 I think with that great quartet called The Nu Band with Mark, Thomas Heberer, Joe Fonda & Lou Grassi. Great set. 

I saw him play a couple of decades before at an early Vision Fest when he was with Michael Jefry Stevens on piano I think and again with Joe Fonda on bass - can’t remember the drummer. His sound and approach seemed to have a timeless quality and a real purity on the alto. 

11 hours ago, Steve Reynolds said:

RIP to a fine musician - Clifford and I were at a show in early 2018 I think with that great quartet called The Nu Band with Mark, Thomas Heberer, Joe Fonda & Lou Grassi. Great set. 

yes, the post-Roy Nu Band. That was awesome. I came down with the flu the next day, really awful and one of the worst bouts of it I ever had -- glad I made it through the night!

• 1 year later...
On 1/2/2023 at 6:43 PM, Late said:

MS5qcGVn.jpeg

Whitecage is good on this one. I got it from eMusic years ago. I always thought there was a CD release, but I guess not. Vinyl only when I looked around online.

LP only. Great, great record. Sarbib is/was an excellent bandleader and a bit of a mystery man. I was in touch with Daunik Lazro to see if he was still alive; most likely he has passed on, as by the 1990s he was apparently in pretty bad health.