Dizzy and Miles at the piano

DMP

Dizzy plays some chords behind Charlie Parker, Miles does the same behind Sonny Rollins on an early Prestige recording...  Are there other examples of them playing piano?  Anything more substantial? (Miles spent a lot of time standing behind a keyboard later in his career, and there’s that example of him showing Wayne Shorter something he was working on in his apartment around ‘67, but, off the top of my head, that’s all I can come up with.j

When I saw this band live, Miles was heavy on the keyboards when not up front on trumpet, sometimes playing trumpet with one hand, keys with the other, like I think he's doing here. Very much conducting/directing the band and the color, totally knew what he wanted and how to get it.

6 minutes ago, JSngry said:

When I saw this band live, Miles was heavy on the keyboards when not up front on trumpet, sometimes playing trumpet with one hand, keys with the other, like I think he's doing here. Very much conducting/directing the band and the color, totally knew what he wanted and how to get it.

Same here.

Not what you're after, but seems related: Milt Jackson plays piano with Dizzy (and Trane) on "We Love to Boogie" in 1951. Recorded in Detroit by the way,

When Dizzy appeared on Marian McPartland's "Piano Jazz," he played piano on five tunes. That show has been issued on CD, but I couldn't find the tracks on YouTube. Here's the Lord discography entry.

Piano Jazz : Marian McPartland & Dizzy Gillespie : Dizzy Gillespie (tp,p-1) Marian McPartland (p)
     PBS Radio Broadcast, "Piano Jazz", New York, January 29, 1985
Con alma (1)    The Jazz Alliance TJA-12005 [CD]
In a mellow tone                     -
On the Alamo (1)                     -
Manteca (1)                     -
For Dizzy (mmcp solo)                     -
Lullaby of the leaves                     -
'Round midnight (1)                     -
Portrait of Diz (mmcp solo)                     -
A night in Tunisia (1)

on the film Dizzy in Havanna you can see Dizzy and Arturo Sandero both playing a four-handed blues on a piano. 

And yes: Miles in 1983. I saw that band in Vienna at Konzerthaus and Miles indeed played a lot of keyboard. He was really in action and doing everything: Up front trumpet, one had trumpet one hand keyboard, or keyboard. "Star People" is the last Miles Davis album I can enjoy since it still had Al Foster . 

When Dizzy was with the Giants of Jazz in 1971, they frequently played "Tin Tin Deo" just as a trumpet-bass duet Dizzy and Al McKibbon. And at one point on McKibbon´s long bass solo you hear a piano in the back ground. I think that´s also Dizzy playing the piano. His comping is a bit similar to Monk from the chords, but different, and rhythmically different, you can hear Dizzy´s rhythm feeling in his piano comping.....