Covid Vaccination Poll Update

Covid Vaccination Poll as life returns to "normal"  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forever is a long time....but it's here to stay, like flu (finally, it IS like flu in one way!), and I trust vaccine science to keep pace.

But too many unvaccinated people running wild...that only goes one way, we're not going to defy gravity or anything like that.

But I got my shots, have waited my two weeks, and now feel free to go out to selected spots, wearing that mask, and getting back inside once done.

Long way to go on this one...stil...

Just got a call out of the blue from my regular doctor’s office, asking if I could come down on very short notice tomorrow (or maybe another day this week).

They’re administering J&J shots, and once a vial is open, they have to use all of it within X (4?) hours — and if they call me, can I get there in less than 90 minutes (and which days this week do I have that kind of flexibility).

I also had to have a pre-condition (or maybe that just helped put my name higher on the list) — and my BMI is definitely over 30 (alas), improving my odds — having gained 20 lbs over the last year.

My 93 year old Dad gets his 2nd Pfizer shot tomorrow, and my wife got her 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday (she’s borderline diabetic — but just barely on the “actually diabetic” side of the line, so close enough to qualify). And my wife’s parents both got their second shots a couple weeks ago (both of them are in their early 80’s).

So fingers-crossed for me tomorrow, or this week — knock on wood!!

Great to see many of you are already vaccined yet. Things are still progressing pretty slow here...As a thirty year old I think its gonna be my turn somewhere around July. I must say that I am not to happy to get the AstraZeneca as the people I know who had that one experienced pretty serious side effects. Like a serious fever for multiple days, extreme headaches, throwing up etc. So I prefer any other vaccine.

I had the AZ and suffered a slight fever then a few days fatigue (I have an underlying contributory condition) and no more than that.

Of the twenty or so people I know have had it one other experienced similar after effects, the others nothing if note. Both my parents in their 80s also have had it with no Ill effects.

It's gone into so many arms in the UK that I think any serious issues would have been flagged up by now.

Got the first Pfizer shot a little over a week ago. 2'nd shot on April 14. No problems with first shot although slight achiness in left shoulder. Just want to get this done at this point. Hopefully we'll have some sense of normality here in Maine when tourist season is in full force by July.

38 minutes ago, Tom 1960 said:

Got the first Pfizer shot a little over a week ago. 2'nd shot on April 14. No problems with first shot although slight achiness in left shoulder. Just want to get this done at this point. Hopefully we'll have some sense of normality here in Maine when tourist season is in full force by July.

If you're getting your second in Sanford on the 14th, I may see you there. :)

14 minutes ago, bresna said:

If you're getting your second in Sanford on the 14th, I may see you there. :)

Portland actually. When the state had the press conference a couple weeks back they mentioned a bunch of openings at the Civic Center which is why I ended up there. I would have much preferred going to Sanford. Probably a lot less of a parking hassle. 

Got Pfizer shot 2 on Thursday and doing fine.  And my wife got her Pfizer #2 weeks ago with only minor side effects.  Gladly will continue wearing mask for the well being of others since it remains unclear whether vaccinated people van carry the disease.  And if I need revaccinated every six months, no problem, bring it on.  Cases up 60% in my county (pop. 800k) and state, so this isn't over ny a longshot.

30 minutes ago, Ken Dryden said:

I am sick of wearing a mask, period. What is political about that?

Not political at all but your post was — at least to me — ambiguous. No one wakes up saying, “boy, I really want to wear a mask, it’s so much fun!”  However, it’s necessary and even if NJ ended its mask mandate, I’d still wear one. 

Visiting Mom in Naples, was glad to hear that her medicare mill doctor actually called recently to say they have shots and were scheduling patients if they hadn't gotten vaccinated yet. However she recently had her pain injection in her back, has been told not to get innoculated within two weeks of that shot. And the alternative date they offered was a day and time her weekday helper isn't available. 

But hopefully they will call back soon with another day/time and she'll get this thing started. She knows her daughter/my sister has refused to travel to see her until she is vaccinated. (Lisa's architecture career revolves around hospital/medical/school design so she got her shots in NYC way ahead of most people and without even asking if she could get one. They just said, hey you're coming here for meetings let's get you vaccinated.)

The science is inconclusive about how much protection a mask provides. I am more likely to lose a hearing aid from removing a mask then to get COVID-19 at this point. I have both shots and spend a lot of time at home when not running an errand or dining out. I still avoid the gym and haven’t flown anywhere since fall 2019.