Covid Vaccination Poll Update

Covid Vaccination Poll as life returns to "normal"  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But given the efficacy of the vaccines, the risk by the vaccinated is extraordinarily small that they could get a serious infection. If you don't think someone is telling the truth about vaccination, stay away as best you can. But if you are vaccinated what does it matter?

Are you going to mask forever? Wear two masks to show how serious you are?  Or trust the science if you've gotten the jab(s)?

I smell a post-vaccine poll here.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am of two opinions here. One side of me says that these anti-vaxxers are getting to drop their masks because people like me went and got vaccinated, so that part of it bugs me. The other side of me says that masks are now for their protection, not mine, so if they want to continue to risk getting COVID by not getting a vaccine and not masking up, then they're only putting themselves at risk, so why should I care?

More than anything, I'm interested in seeing how my company handles this whole thing. I work with a few people with extreme opinions about this (the political nature of these opinions precludes me from going into details), so there will likely be some push back on the mandatory reporting of your vaccination status.

On 30/04/2021 at 7:35 PM, Dan Gould said:

If anyone's concerned no flu/covid symptoms post second shot. In a way I wish that I had been knocked on my ass for 1/2 a day. Then I'd know that my immune system was primed and ready to rock and roll. 

Had my second shot last week. A few days of cold-like symptoms, especially joint aches. Either that or I am falling apart !

41 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Had my second shot last week. A few days of cold-like symptoms, especially joint aches. Either that or I am falling apart !

Does it feel better to know that you shook it off quickly? I am left with blind faith that my body chemistry is altered to be ready to go to war if the need arises. :shrug[1]:

Even if I’m wearing a fireproof suit that’s 72-95% effective,
I still don’t see any reason to walk into a house that’s still
on fire. If some people are so stupid to walk inside one
while essentially naked, then so be it. The essential problem
is that we need to put out the damn fire, and so with these
anti-vax and maskholes out there, it makes it very difficult
if not impossible to do so.

5 hours ago, riddlemay said:

My gym now has the "honor system" policy. "If you're not vaccinated, please wear a mask." Yeah, right. As soon as that went into effect, I became the only member wearing a mask--and I am vaccinated. (Staff is masked. Thankful for small favors.)

As of tomorrow, NJ no longer requires that you wear a mask indoor, including gyms. Since no vaccine is 100% effective, when I go to the gym on Monday I will continue to wear a mask, at least most of the time, even though I’m fully vaccinated. 

On 4/16/2021 at 10:25 AM, bresna said:

This is getting to be a big problem. I work with a guy whose Uncle came down with Covid about a month after his second shot and he's upset because he thought he was supposed to be immune.

This vaccine will not make you immune. You'll be more resistant and if you do catch it, there is a lot less chance of it being severe but you can still catch Covid and even more importantly, you can still transmit it to others.

Everyone needs to mask up and keep their distance until this is over. Unless we slow down new cases, it'll never end, vaccine or no vaccine.

Maine had 579 new cases yesterday, their highest total since the February peak days. There are over 100 people hospitalized and they're talking again about how many beds and ventilators are available. We seem to be slipping back into the dark days of February.

And yet New Hampshire's governor just eliminated their mask mandate effective today.

It turned out my Super had never received a vaccine shot. He was about to get his first shot the day before he was tested positive. He's not contagious anymore, so he installed the cheap POS bathroom sink/vanity I bought for $248. I greeted him at the door with a mask and gloves on, and he said, "What are we in China?":g

The poor guy is a long hauler, so I didn't try to chew him down when he asked for $100 for the installation.:rolleyes:

He had to go down to his place and get O2 after he finished the job.

I visited my 94 year-old dying uncle last week, and just came back from his funeral and the social gathering we had afterwards. No one had masks, not even my retard sister who refuses to get vaxxed, because Gary Null told her it was dangerous. I ignored the retard for four hours, until she went back to her shithouse in Staten Island. My cousin also hasn't gotten vaxxed yet either (because she's afraid...), and she wanted to hug me goodnight, and I told her I don't hug anyone who hasn't gotten vaxxed, and she told me she was gonna get vaxxed. I told her I'd hug her after she got vaxxed.:o

Saturday, I've got to play some Irish tunes for a Memorial gathering for my cousin who died of cancer a year ago. These are the first large gatherings I've been to in over a year.

5 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

current UK research showing first dose of Pfizer or AZ gives about 30% protection against the new variant, up to 65% with AZ on second dose, 80% with Pfizer.  

This is one reason why I would like a choice about the vaccine I'm given.

I think I had it during the autumn, wasn't too bad fortunately, so I'm probably immune for now.

Edited by erwbol

My wife works in a school system and she said that there is a science class at the high school where 8 out of the 20 students in that class are sick with COVID. This is the same school system where a group of unmasked parents protested at the school committee meeting last week to demand that the schools drop their mask mandates. It got so bad that one of the protesters got arrested.

Let me repeat - 8 out of 20 kids got COVID.

Whatever happened to parents wanting to protect their children?

Edited by bresna

All of my immediate family here are fully vaxxed, I think the younger CND part only first shots. I'm hoping the CND border will open up and numbers will go down enough that I will be able to visit my mother in SK with out doing a 14 day hotel quarantine and feel reasonably safe about it sometime this year, hopefully before the snow flies (Oct.).  Glad I'm retired.  Dealing with the public under these circumstances would be stressful, to say the least.

Had my second (Biontech) shot yesterday (about 27 hours ago now) and so far I am doing alright. A bit of a pain in the arm where the needle stuck and very slight headache this moring (like it can and does happen every now and then at other times too). But I'm taking it easy anyway.

Hoping for the best and for ongoing responsibility exercised by the OTHERS out there too (though not overly optimistic, alas ...).

It now seems weird to see unmasked persons everywhere I go--Ohio lifted mask regulation for those vaccinated. And there are a lot of liars out there saying they were vaccinated (less than half the Ohio adults have received at least one shot).

Also given away each week is a complete ticket prepaid to an Ohio state university to an Ohio teen registered in the lottery and vaccinated--including room and board and textbooks I believe. That is a really nice thing.

Initially the lottery increased vaccination numbers by surprising percentages. That momentum has unfortunately dramatically slowed. We're probably getting very close to being down to the many who just are not going to be vaccinated plain and simple no matter what.

Edited by jazzbo

29 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

We're probably getting very close to being down to the many who just are not going to be vaccinated plain and simple no matter what.

And then they will either be protected by whatever herd immunity that we the vaccinated have enabled, or else they will be easy targets for if/when there's still virus and/or variants buzzing around.

Oh well!