Covid Vaccination Poll Update

Covid Vaccination Poll as life returns to "normal"  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't say with any degree of certainty but I had all the classic symptoms a few weeks back despite being vaccinated. Developed a serious cough and stuffiness with congestion and some shortness of breath. Ran a slight fever with achiness and fatigue. Instead of getting tested I  decided to lay low for 10 days and see how things transpired. Feel much better despite the cough that has lingered to some extent. Going forward whenever I find myself in an indoor setting I am now back to wearing a mask.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that. I felt pretty crappy for a few days but it was so short-lived I am not sure it's COVID related. I've gone back to wearing a mask. . .in part because so few are wearing them around here, and less than have the persons in the county elegible to be vaccinated have been so . . .there are a lot of liars out there not wearing masks when they should be.

5 hours ago, Tom 1960 said:

Today the state of Maine recorded the most new cases since January. With cooler temperatures coming soon I can't imagine where we're headed to.

The San Francisco Bay Area's experience over the past 2 months suggests that Vermont and Maine should be somewhat worried about the winter... 70% vaccination rate *of the entire population* (incl people who are not eligible; much higher than the national average) is insufficient on its own to prevent a large wave unless complemented with a big slug of infection-induced immunity.  And like San Francisco, Vermont and Maine weathered the pandemic really well up to this point, i.e. most of the people who are unvaccinated don't have immunity from prior infection.

That said, the SFBA's summer wave had much lower hospitalizations and deaths than its winter wave despite probably being larger in terms of total cases.  And unlike the winter when there were a lot of restrictions, we had zero restrictions (aside from the indoor mask mandate) this time around.  So there's a silver lining - vaccines have made COVID far, far less deadly (as expected).

3 hours ago, Guy Berger said:

The San Francisco Bay Area's experience over the past 2 months suggests that Vermont and Maine should be somewhat worried about the winter... 70% vaccination rate *of the entire population* (incl people who are not eligible; much higher than the national average) is insufficient on its own to prevent a large wave unless complemented with a big slug of infection-induced immunity.  And like San Francisco, Vermont and Maine weathered the pandemic really well up to this point, i.e. most of the people who are unvaccinated don't have immunity from prior infection.

That said, the SFBA's summer wave had much lower hospitalizations and deaths than its winter wave despite probably being larger in terms of total cases.  And unlike the winter when there were a lot of restrictions, we had zero restrictions (aside from the indoor mask mandate) this time around.  So there's a silver lining - vaccines have made COVID far, far less deadly (as expected).

The one difference I am seeing this go around is that a lot of states in the U.S.. are getting maxed out in terms of hospitalization. This wasn't a real problem prior at least not here in Maine in the past. Now it's beginning to become a problem. What these idiots fail to understand speaking of the unvaccinated , ifsomeone has a serious health issue they may have difficulty finding a bed going forward. That's a real big problem. People screaming about they want their freedom. Yeah let's see how that works out for you if you get sick and there's no room for you at your hospital now.