Great photo of the unrecorded band

medjuck

I am discovering so much more music has been recorded than we realize, that at this point all bets are off. In fact, a guy I know just coughed up a 1970 Mobley tape and got it digitized. He had been sitting on it for years. With Bill Hardman and Stanley Cowell.

4 hours ago, bertrand said:

I am discovering so much more music has been recorded than we realize, that at this point all bets are off. In fact, a guy I know just coughed up a 1970 Mobley tape and got it digitized. He had been sitting on it for years. With Bill Hardman and Stanley Cowell.

WTH?

Is this a guy who does trades, is looking for a payday from Zev/Cory or what? Does coughed up mean he digitized and sent a copy to you? (You can respond to that last question by PM if you prefer).

1 hour ago, bertrand said:

None of the above. I just know he has it and got it digitized. Which I wanted to make sure he did before sending the tape to anyone.

What is going to happen next, I don't know.

I read this and got very excited thinking it referred to the Miles sextet.  Oh well.

Great photo of great stars. Miles Davis recorded a lot with J.J. from 1950-1954. But I think that 1961, 62 was not the most creative period in Miles´live. The old hardbop was beginning to become a routine, and gettin great artists like J.J. Johnson, Hank Mobley and Sonny Stitt in his band didn´t help much. 

For me it started with "At The Blackhawk". I loved that double album when I bought it as a youngster, but now I don´t find so much pleasure listening to it, it somehow bores me. 

Miles had to wait one more year to find guys like Herbie Hancock, Ron Carter, Tony Williams and first George Coleman until at last he got Wayne..... to develope further....