Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brad

Looking For: Lonnie Smith and Alvin Queen - Lenox and Seventh

11 posts in this topic

I’m looking for the above issued by Black & Blue, LP or cd.

If you have one you’d like to sell, please let me know.

Thanks. 

Did you contact Tommy?  He's a good source for Black & Blue.  tommy@tommysjazz.com

12 minutes ago, mjzee said:

Did you contact Tommy?  He's a good source for Black & Blue.  tommy@tommysjazz.com

Thanks. I will check with him. 

There is also a Japanese seller on discogs and ebay with CD copies around $18 (not certain its same guy). But it sounded like Brad was hoping to score in a private sale?

36 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

There is also a Japanese seller on discogs and ebay with CD copies around $18 (not certain its same guy). But it sounded like Brad was hoping to score in a private sale?

That’s correct. Shipping from Japan is very limited and takes forever unless you want to pay DHL. There is a person in France who has one and that may be the avenue I take if neither Tommy nor anyone here has one for sale. 

On 4/6/2021 at 0:44 PM, Brad said:

That’s correct. Shipping from Japan is very limited and takes forever unless you want to pay DHL. There is a person in France who has one and that may be the avenue I take if neither Tommy nor anyone here has one for sale. 

So, about how long is shipping from Japan taking nowadays? Pre-pandemic I was getting stuff in 20 days or less, to the US. The one order I’ve done since is 30 days and counting. Not unreasonable, but just curious. It’s a seller with whom I’ve purchased from before. I’ve also recently bought from France and it took the usual 10 working days.

9 minutes ago, AaronG said:

So, about how long is shipping from Japan taking nowadays? Pre-pandemic I was getting stuff in 20 days or less, to the US. The one order I’ve done since is 30 days and counting. Not unreasonable, but just curious. It’s a seller with whom I’ve purchased from before. I’ve also recently bought from France and it took the usual 10 working days.

I gave up on buying from Japan last year, except via CD Japan who uses DHL, so I don’t really have an answer. 

On 11-4-2021 at 4:38 AM, AaronG said:

Don’t know bout Japan to USA but the shipping time from Japan to The Netherlands is back to normal. Cd’s took less than 17 days to arrive.

I've had two LPs ship from Japan to the UK in less than a week in the last month

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

I've had two LPs ship from Japan to the UK in less than a week in the last month

That’s pretty good. Maybe it’s the US of A.

Anyway, I found a copy from a French seller. Let’s hope it arrives in a couple of weeks.