Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sgcim

Crescendo Magazine- Dick Morrissey feature!

8 posts in this topic

I have written here before about never finding anything with DM's spoken words. A British friend of mine sent me a Crescendo PDF of a feature on DM that consists of him speaking, sans interviewer.

As expected, wonderful bloke! Also, wonderful magazine- no Downbeat BS.

Great!  How can the rest of us see it?

i recall a downbeat feature on If from the early 70s, think it might be some chatting with Morrissey involved?

23 hours ago, GA Russell said:

23 hours ago, GA Russell said:

I dunno, it's a PDF, so I don't know how to send it to ORG.

you can post the link to the PDF. It might even end with .pdf

Anyway, just post the link, if it is a link and not an email attachment. If it's an email attachment, you're SOL until it gets posted to a linkable site.

I've probably already told this story.

I spoke with Dick Morrisey twice back in the days of If.  I told him that I liked Manfred Mann Chapter III, and he said that he didn't because their music was too "doomy."

11 hours ago, JSngry said:

you can post the link to the PDF. It might even end with .pdf

Anyway, just post the link, if it is a link and not an email attachment. If it's an email attachment, you're SOL until it gets posted to a linkable site.

It's an email link, that's the problem. He sent me four more Crescendos today, and one has two pages of Monk speaking, without any questions.

Les Tompkins seems to do the best work. He essentially lets the musicians speak for themselves, using a few different ways of doing it. He has a conference interview with the Bill Evans trio at that time, Evans, Bunker and Israel, Then a guitarists round table with Jim Hall, Barney Kesssel, George Benson and a British player, I think Ike Issacs,OSLT.

You can try uploading the PDF to the site here and then posting aa link to the attachment from that.