What's this about eBay Payments System/Fees?

Dan Gould

So I was reading something on one of the 78 groups I peruse on FB - eBay has dropped Paypal as the required payment processor? And massively upped their fees or something?

Anyone still selling on ebay? Anyone buying? Once I stopped ever selling I didn't mind so much the self-dealing mandating Paypal as the payment system. But I am thinking I am never going to put things on ebay for sale ever again.

Thoughts?

My ebay purchases have been buy-it-now for probably six months or more, (with the occasional "best offer" stab which doesn't seem to work as often as on discogs, maybe these fees are part of that?) so on that level it might as well be discogs.

For sellers, eBay went to their own system but for buyers it’s still PayPal. I have no idea how this works. They’ve been doing a phased introduction so maybe PayPal will be completely dropped in time. I haven’t see any extra fees. It’s just how a seller gets paid that has changed. 

I make purchases on eBay pretty regularly and payment via PayPal is no longer required. My account is set to charge my cc directly. I haven't sold anything on eBay in years so I can't comment on current fee structure. That said, I'm curious to know - I've been kicking around selling some things. 

1 hour ago, blake said:

I make purchases on eBay pretty regularly and payment via PayPal is no longer required. My account is set to charge my cc directly. I haven't sold anything on eBay in years so I can't comment on current fee structure. That said, I'm curious to know - I've been kicking around selling some things. 

The way it works is that to sell you have to give eBay your bank account info. Once you get paid, eBay will deposit the funds in your bank account. This usually takes place two or three days after you get paid. 

Interesting, thank you.

23 hours ago, Brad said:

The way it works is that to sell you have to give eBay your bank account info. Once you get paid, eBay will deposit the funds in your bank account. This usually takes place two or three days after you get paid. 

Interesting, thank you.