Favorite Rolling Stones Album

ralphie_boy

What's your choice from these below:  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love 'Sticky Fingers'. Great songs, great performances. And "Can you hear me knocking" has a fabulous extended guitar section.

I really like the two before but just find a few tracks on both don't grab me. "Exile" is great too though more blurred to my ears.

(Before and) After that my Stones listening is just the singles.

man, you can't go wrong with any of those selections; I picked Exile because it's a double album so there's more music, but really I find all of them to be representative of the Stones at their best (even Goat's Head Soup!!). Anyone have any comments on the recent SACDs of their 60s reissues?

Let It Bleed. My favorite part is during the title track where the rest of the band moves to the E7th but one of the guitarists stays on the C for an extra two beats - OUTRAGEOUS!! :lol:

Must have been one of those things they could 'fix in the mix' and forgot to.

I stuck up for ya Evan! I'm vote #2 for Goats Head Soup. I'm kinda burnt on the others. Goats Head Soup is super diverse too. All over the place. B)

I like "Heartbreaker" "Dancing With Mr. D" "Silver Train". The bassline on "Silver Train" is DEEP!

Oh yeah, and "Star, fuck a Star, fuck a Star, fuck a Star, fuck a Star"! :unsure:

I went for "Let it Bleed", best album they have ever made?

At school 20 odd years ago the photographer and artistic director responsible for the "Let it Bleed" cover came to give a talk on commercial photography.

Apparently the Stones ( or some of them) were present at the photo shoot. The album back cover shows the "cake" from the front all smashed up. Once the cover photos had been taken Keith R wanted to wreck the "cake" for the back cover and had to be persuaded that in fact the destruction had to be more orderly.

Classic tunes, classic cover,

I stuck up for ya Evan! I'm vote #2 for Goats Head Soup. I'm kinda burnt on the others. Goats Head Soup is super diverse too. All over the place. B)

I like "Heartbreaker" "Dancing With Mr. D" "Silver Train". The bassline on "Silver Train" is DEEP!

Oh yeah, and "Star, fuck a Star, fuck a Star, fuck a Star, fuck a Star"! :unsure:

;)

sometimes it's tough being in the minority, but i know that we are right!! :g