Freedom mini LP series (Paul Bley, Dewey Redman, Dollar Brand & Ted Curson)

Harbour

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/26/2021 at 1:03 PM, mjazzg said:

Yes, I have the LP of the Riverside.  But I'd like the Marte Rolling cover just to complete the set.

Just checked Discogs and it appears two copies of that edition of the LP sold last year, none beforehand. I'd read previously that it had never been printed, ho hum.

That'll teach me not to update my wantlist

yeah, it's rare. I bid on a copy many years ago via the old Paris Jazz Corner auctions... didn't win it of course. 

On 4/28/2021 at 3:46 AM, corto maltese said:

Surely the Ayler with Marte Röling cover was never actually released?

On 4/28/2021 at 3:57 AM, mjazzg said:

That's my understanding too.

It'd be cool if that cover was resuscitated (with color appropriately added to the black-and-white scan) and added as the 16th Marte Röling Fontana cover. (Even though we already have the music.) Ayler lives! ;)

On 30/04/2021 at 7:44 PM, Late said:

Weird that these titles are coming out (supposedly) tomorrow, but still aren't listed on CD Japan (or importCDs for that matter). HMV does list them, however.

Mine were shipped from Amazon.jp yesterday, the next batch are already for sale on there too. Well 

CD Japan will eventually get the releases - they're carrying the two previous Freedom batch releases from last year - The Roling covers batch is #3

That's where I'll be sourcing them

4 hours ago, David Ayers said:

Re. the covers, I’d really like to see the LPs back. 

Yep!!

3 hours ago, romualdo said:

CD Japan will eventually get the releases ... that's where I'll be sourcing them.

Same.

But it'd be a first if Dusty Groove carries these before CD Japan does. (Dusty Groove lists them as available around May 15th.) Either way, I have plenty to listen to in the meantime. ^_^ Maybe Harbour can give a mini-review when they receive their Amazon Japan order? :excited:

15 hours ago, Harbour said:

Well 

Suspense! :P

2 hours ago, Late said:

Same.

But it'd be a first if Dusty Groove carries these before CD Japan does. (Dusty Groove lists them as available around May 15th.) Either way, I have plenty to listen to in the meantime. ^_^ Maybe Harbour can give a mini-review when they receive their Amazon Japan order? :excited:

Suspense! :P

Hah sadly it might be a while, I have a friend in Japan who I have it all sent to and then he sends it to me in UK when I have a big box full, might be a couple of months given his tardiness. I might have to pick up some of those Chick Corea shm-cds as well to fill up the box

On 4/30/2021 at 9:57 PM, bertrand said:

Was the Ayler session never released at all, or just not with that cover? It seems the title was Spirits, which does not really narrow it down, that was the title he used for several of his records :)

PS: I guess it is the one I have on a Black Lion CD.

yes, it was issued on Debut as Spirits and on Freedom as Witches & Devils.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any experience with Dusty Groove pre-orders?

I see this:

Placed
May 13, 2021
Order # 1545856
1 item
Order in process

and a total with shipping. Does this mean it is definitely coming? I did not get an email yet, but that may come when it ships.