Interesting signature on CD

sambrasa

Found this item on Japanese yahooauctions, seems to be Keith Jarrett Quartet CD signed by John Coltrane. It's a fine CD and quite valuable in its own right but I'm not so sure Trane's autograph enhances it's value too much. To be fair, the seller only states that the front cover has a conspicous writing on it (表カバーに目立つ書き込み).

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d518314688

Edited by sambrasa
layout

14 minutes ago, sambrasa said:

jFtSPZP4.jpg

Are you generally dickish?  Because by not saying anything about the obvious fact that it can't be Coltrane, say by putting quotes around "signature" or "John Coltrane" you simply set it up so that you could come back with your "witty" reply. Because someone had to put 2 and 2 together and point out the obvious. 

I don't think there are many here who don't know Coltrane died in 1967. Better dickish than someone who's been heavily invested in jazz music for 30+ years and not know Coltrane's been dead all these years.

58 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

OK. Just checking. Do you think the seller is being devious?

No, he clearly states the writing is conspicuous. If anything, this "signature" hinders the value. This gold CD would be quite expensive without it. I would like to know why would anyone ruin a beautiful mini sleeve cover with black marker like that.