LF Mikhail Nosyrev Symphonies 3 and 4

I realize this is probably a big reach here but I'm looking for someone who possibly owns this recording on the Olympia label  and is willing to part with it. I have a beat-up copy which was burned some years back and is pretty much unlistenable. I would love to get the original recording. $30 is the going rate. PM me if interested. FWIW, I have posted this also on Good Music Guide the classical music forum. Hoping somebody comes through.

Edited by Tom 1960

1 hour ago, Tom 1960 said:

Any feelings towards the first two symphonies?

That's a bit complex for me considering we don't know each other's taste, etc ...

BUT!

I was going to upload them to YouTube when I noticed that someone else
already had uploaded all 4 of them. Here are the first two:

20 hours ago, rostasi said:

I was going to upload them to YouTube when I noticed that someone else already had uploaded all 4 of them. 

I think it's the composer's son who uploaded the recordings to YouTube. He's maintaining a pretty comprehensive website about Nosyrev: http://www.nosyrev.com/biography

I would love to like his music more than I do given the tragic circumstances of Nosyrev's life, but I don't find it first-rate. There are some truly great and original elements there, but it's all quite disjointed and incohesive. Maybe not having formal education had an effect (arrested at the age of 19 when he just started his studies at Leningrad Conservatory). Maybe lack of access to good musicians (he lived in a provincial town of Voronezh after his release from Gulag).