Annette Peacock

Late

On 3/7/2023 at 12:12 AM, BFrank said:

I saw her perform (I think) at Big Ears last year. REALLY looked forward to seeing her, especially since she rarely does live shows.

This was the oddest show I've ever seen. Everyone was given strict instructions not to take pix/videos before the show. The stage was very dark with only spotlights from the sides of the stage. She walked on stage and sat down at the piano (the only thing on stage) and began playing. It all sounded very "Annette Peacock" and her voice sounded great, but as the show went on my friend and I started wondering if she was actually playing and singing. Her face was nearly hidden in darkness, and we were thinking that her voice sounded "too good" for her age which would be 80-ish - but we let that go. After about an hour of music she suddenly got up from the bench and walked off ... with the voice and music continuing for a minute or two after she left the stage.

Was the show pre-recorded? Maybe just her voice pre-recorded? She appeared to actually be playing piano and some small electronics. Who knows???

I was there, in the front. I definitely think she was playing at one point. The ending was great, what a rug pull. 

10 hours ago, Hoppy T. Frog said:

I was there, in the front. I definitely think she was playing at one point. The ending was great, what a rug pull. 

We must have been close to each other!

I think she was playing, but not singing. But that's just a guess.