Cigars International deal

Am I the only one here who smokes cigars?

Cigars International has their semi-annual deal going on, starting today.  Buy ten cigars (typically $35 for the ten), and get a $20 gift card.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/shop/10-packs-free-20-ci-bucks-2021/2038859/

Free shipping code for May, for orders over $125 - CAKE

I have never met or been involved with them, but I've been a satisfied customer for a few years.

Edited by GA Russell

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
2 hours ago, jcam_44 said:

94 rated!  They don't come much better than that!

I'm finding that cigars are consistently better constructed than they were twenty years ago, but not as delicious as my favorites were.  Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

2 hours ago, GA Russell said:

94 rated!  They don't come much better than that!

I'm finding that cigars are consistently better constructed than they were twenty years ago, but not as delicious as my favorites were.  Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I put in an offer of $100 for a box and they accepted. 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 4:13 PM, Pim said:

I smoked cigarettes for 10 years and am still so glad I managed to kick the habit 5 years ago. But hey to each his own of course.

For ten years and kicked 5 years ago ? So you are very young or did you start smoking later than usual.

In my case, I´ve smoked for 50 years (with 13 the first cigarette in the men´s room of the high school....all "bad"  guys did that back in 1972,73). 

I was a heavier smoker in my late teens and early 20´s but reduced it considerably. I love to smoke a cigarette after hard negotiations,  after a gig, after breakfast, lunch, dinner, and after makin love. Don´t see no reason to quit this, and no doctor told me I might. Having coffee without a cigarette might be like a gulasch without paprika for me. 

7 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

For ten years and kicked 5 years ago ? So you are very young or did you start smoking later than usual.

In my case, I´ve smoked for 50 years (with 13 the first cigarette in the men´s room of the high school....all "bad"  guys did that back in 1972,73). 

I was a heavier smoker in my late teens and early 20´s but reduced it considerably. I love to smoke a cigarette after hard negotiations,  after a gig, after breakfast, lunch, dinner, and after makin love. Don´t see no reason to quit this, and no doctor told me I might. Having coffee without a cigarette might be like a gulasch without paprika for me. 

I was 16 when I started and became addicted when I was 18 years old. I quit when I was 28 years old when my wife and I wanted to have kids (we succeeded in doing that, the same month). The fact that I NEEDED that cigarette to relax after a hard day's work, making an exam or having dinner, the fact I needed it to make my coffee taste like gulasch with paprika already annoyed me for a while. The fact that there were people making big money by making me hooked and sick, maybe even shortening my life with some years annoyed me some more for a while. The fact I did not own my own body anymore but had to listen to the nicotine calling, always thinking: do I have enough cigarettes with me, also irritated me. I have always been a sporty guy but my physical condition became worse and worse. I remember lifting a washing machine in a 3 story building moving a friend of my and I almost fainted as I had no breath..... It all wasn't enough to make me quit. I tried several times and became frustrated by my level of addiction. But I had always knew one thing: I wanted my son to grow up in a smoke free environment. I quit cold turkey and succeeded doing so. The first months were pretty hard but it became easier by the day and after a year it became feeling more and more like a liberation.

I enjoy my coffee, my food and love making just as much as when I was a smoker. In fact: I enjoy them more as I could taste my coffee and food way better. And the love making.... well you could fill that in yourself ;) From the day I quitted I picked up sporting a lot again. I started with jogging half a marathon 3 times a week. On this moment I practice CrossFit 4 times a week and attain several CrossFit games. I have never been in a better condition in my life and I like feeling that way. I probably have restored some of the damage done.

Everybody has to know it for himself but I was done with smoking 5 years before I managed to quit. I think it's a good thing that governments try to do as much as they could to prevent people from starting. I don't like the role companies are playing trying to get people (and children) as hooked as possible and making money out of a product so deadly. Gheorghe, I am very happy you are still healthy and with us. And I hope you continue do so for a very long time! You are probably in a stage of your life now where you don't really think about quitting anymore and if smoking is bringing you comfort and joy do so. But I think every young smoker should try to quit as soon as possible. The old 'my grandma smoked and became 90 years old' is a bit of a fallacy ain't it? In Holland 25% of the smokers don't even reach the age of 65. On average they live 13 years shorter than a non smoker. That makes it worthwile for me being a non smoker. The other arguments I already mentioned.

14 hours ago, Pim said:

I was 16 when I started and became addicted when I was 18 years old. I quit when I was 28 years old when my wife and I wanted to have kids (we succeeded in doing that, the same month). The fact that I NEEDED that cigarette to relax after a hard day's work, making an exam or having dinner, the fact I needed it to make my coffee taste like gulasch with paprika already annoyed me for a while. The fact that there were people making big money by making me hooked and sick, maybe even shortening my life with some years annoyed me some more for a while. The fact I did not own my own body anymore but had to listen to the nicotine calling, always thinking: do I have enough cigarettes with me, also irritated me. I have always been a sporty guy but my physical condition became worse and worse. I remember lifting a washing machine in a 3 story building moving a friend of my and I almost fainted as I had no breath..... It all wasn't enough to make me quit. I tried several times and became frustrated by my level of addiction. But I had always knew one thing: I wanted my son to grow up in a smoke free environment. I quit cold turkey and succeeded doing so. The first months were pretty hard but it became easier by the day and after a year it became feeling more and more like a liberation.

I enjoy my coffee, my food and love making just as much as when I was a smoker. In fact: I enjoy them more as I could taste my coffee and food way better. And the love making.... well you could fill that in yourself ;) From the day I quitted I picked up sporting a lot again. I started with jogging half a marathon 3 times a week. On this moment I practice CrossFit 4 times a week and attain several CrossFit games. I have never been in a better condition in my life and I like feeling that way. I probably have restored some of the damage done.

Everybody has to know it for himself but I was done with smoking 5 years before I managed to quit. I think it's a good thing that governments try to do as much as they could to prevent people from starting. I don't like the role companies are playing trying to get people (and children) as hooked as possible and making money out of a product so deadly. Gheorghe, I am very happy you are still healthy and with us. And I hope you continue do so for a very long time! You are probably in a stage of your life now where you don't really think about quitting anymore and if smoking is bringing you comfort and joy do so. But I think every young smoker should try to quit as soon as possible. The old 'my grandma smoked and became 90 years old' is a bit of a fallacy ain't it? In Holland 25% of the smokers don't even reach the age of 65. On average they live 13 years shorter than a non smoker. That makes it worthwile for me being a non smoker. The other arguments I already mentioned.

Thank you Pim for your very thoughtful and interesting statements ! 

So you still a very very young guy. I noticed that you see it much more like and drug habit which sure is the case with most smokers. In that case it seems to be like the "horse" than run addict musicians like Bird, Fats, Chet and many others. I don´t have that panic feeling where my body "needs" a cigarrete, it´s like the need for a big cup of coffee in the morning and in the afternoon, like the appetite when a good dinner waits for me at home, like the first taste of my cold (non-alcoolic) beer when I´m thirsty, like to urge to make love, so I´m happy not to see the negative point of it. 

About companies making big money with my smoking "habit" I have a more laconic point of view, even if you might like it. I just say let  ´em make money, they sell it legally, it´s not like drug trafic. I make a good living with a demanding and good paid job, so let ´em make their money, it´s their business....
About politicians making it harder for smokers, well if they think so , let ´ em do it, they get paid for it. On the other hand, they don´t make nothing with drugs. Kids can buy drugs in front of school and drugs are sold in subway stations, in parks, everywhere. And them kids drinkin vodca at parties until they have to be rushed to the hospital...... , if I see or read that, I think that restrictions for cigarettes is like "shooting little birds with cannons" in comparation to the inactivity in context with hard drugs and alcool.  But they don´t dare to forbid alcool, and alcool causes much more victims. 

I wouldn´t say I´m such a sporty guy. I´m tall and thin, so I don´t have to get rid of too many pounds. I did jogging in the morning on weekend or on holyday, or before dinner when I was working.  But then came the pandemie and I was afraid to go out or maybe catch a cold and then not know if it´s just a mild cold or covid. I started to do my jogging in my garden, but it´s all grass in my garden so it feels funny if you are running, and barefoot isn´t a solution due to bees and vesps. I found out that walking fast, taking two stairways at once, avoiding lifts and if it doesn´t rain, I prefer to walk the distance from my house to my office (2 km) rather than take the "tramvai". 

CI seems to be making a special effort to clear out its inventory before the end of the fiscal year.

Until January 31
no matter what you buy (tobacco and non-tobacco)
no matter what sales discounts you are getting
for orders over $99
get an additional 20% off
and free shipping.

Code:  P1311A

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I quit cigarettes cold turkey 11 years ago, after many years of smoking. Feel wonderful, but gained 10 kilos, which are never coming off. Would probably like to have a nice cigar to accompany an appropriate beverage, but am afraid to relapse into cigarettes. So no stogies for me. Enjoy!

I started smoking like many of my buddies from that generation quite early. The first cigarettes at 13, and regular smoking at 15,16. That was the times. I quit in my early 20´s for 2 years, during a very very short marriage, when she was pregnant and stopped smoking so I also stopped. But that gaining weight was really bad. And it was also during that time that I caught colds even during spring or summer, and I was not a very well person. I wouldn´t say necessarly that this was due to non smoking but anyway. My first affair with a wild girl after that marriage was over.....I remember the shared cigarrete "after" , and I was on it again. 

One thing I have done: From 2 packs the day in my youth I reduced to the cigarette after meal, between sets, and of course after makin love. I stopped any kind of alcoolic beverage more than 10 years ago but I never was a strong drinker (with the exception of the usual drinking contests as the dumb teenies and twens we were) . 

And by the way: You read daily in newspapers about violence due to alcool, brawlings, beatings, abuse of women and all that. I never heard that someone got violent after smoking a cigarette..... 

• 6 months later...