Whither Allen Lowe?

Dan Gould

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/16/2021 at 7:04 PM, sgcim said:

Man, you're a very strong person to get through all of that, Allen. Let's hope the worst is over.

Horrible to hear about Peplowski. I don't know anything about that disease; is the prognosis good? He's the nicest guy, and greatest clarinet/sax player around. I used to give him rides to the gigs that we did together, and felt like it was an honor to do so. One time he walked up to me and said, "I like the way you play". It took me a few hours to process that!

Ken is doing pretty well, as a matter fact we’re going to record together in April. I’m not sure what the long-term thing is but he’s working hard and fighting.

In the famous words of Jim Perry on Sale Of The Century before starting the Big Money round, "Ok Allen, we're all with you now!"

or of Summer Bartholomew on the same show when somebody decided to bite on the Mystery Money game and she walked their case over to them, "Good luck, Allen!!!"

23157845866_74480cc55e_b.jpg

17 minutes ago, AllenLowe said:

Ken is doing pretty well, as a matter fact we’re going to record together in April. I’m not sure what the long-term thing is but he’s working hard and fighting.

That's great to hear. I got an email from the Queens Library recently saying that he's doing a concert with a young winds player that they're streaming. It really surprised me- in a good way.

• 3 weeks later...

The Winner.

Voting for the 2021 JazzTimes Readers’ Poll was conducted via an online survey posted at jazztimes.com. Winners are bolded; runners-up are listed below in order of number of votes (an asterisk * denotes a tie). When casting their ballots at jazztimes.com, readers were asked to focus on artists’ achievements occurring between January and December 2021. To see the results of our 2021 Critics’ Poll, go here.

BEST OF ALL

Artist of the Year
Allen Lowe
Brandee Younger
Pat Metheny
Emmet Cohen

8 hours ago, kh1958 said:

The Winner.

Voting for the 2021 JazzTimes Readers’ Poll was conducted via an online survey posted at jazztimes.com. Winners are bolded; runners-up are listed below in order of number of votes (an asterisk * denotes a tie). When casting their ballots at jazztimes.com, readers were asked to focus on artists’ achievements occurring between January and December 2021. To see the results of our 2021 Critics’ Poll, go here.

BEST OF ALL

Artist of the Year
Allen Lowe
Brandee Younger
Pat Metheny
Emmet Cohen

Wow, go Allen!

15 hours ago, kh1958 said:

The Winner.

BEST OF ALL

Artist of the Year
Allen Lowe
Brandee Younger
Pat Metheny
Emmet Cohen

Holy cow! That is WELL DESERVED.