new Bill Evans 5 CD box set to be released

pglbook

A new Bill Evans 5 CD box set - "Everybody Still Digs Bill Evans" - was recently announced. Release date is June 25. It looks like the first 4 CDs cover tracks from his entire career, while the 5th CD is a complete unreleased concert from 1975.

I have already placed my pre-order via Amazon ($59 currently on Amazon).

Below are more details from the announcement::

Craft Recordings celebrates the legacy of Bill Evans with the first-ever career-spanning collection spanning 1956-1980, "Everybody Still Digs Bill Evans." The 5-CD deluxe set spotlights the legendary jazz pianist's work as a leader and co-leader with over 60 choice cuts, including an entire, previously unreleased Bill Evans Trio live concert from 1975, also available as a stand-alone breakout titled “On A Friday Evening” in 2-LP, CD and digital formats. Also available across digital and streaming platforms, “Everybody Still Digs Bill Evans” includes newly remastered audio by GRAMMY®-winning engineer, Paul Blakemore. Both titles will be released on June 25th and are available for pre-order today.

Bill Evans - Everybody Still Digs Bill Evans (5-CD Box Set)

The first-ever career-spanning collection of music from pioneering jazz pianist Bill Evans. The five-disc deluxe edition features over 60 tracks that spotlight Evans' Riverside, Milestone, Fantasy, Verve, Warner Bros., and Elektra/Musiciancatalogs, plus a previously unreleased Bill Evans Trio live concert from 1975. The set comes housed in a superbly designed portfolio-style hard-cover 48-page book containing ephemera, photos, and extensive liner notes by GRAMMY®-winning writer Neil Tesser.

• 2 weeks later...

Release page for the stand alone Friday Evening CD

Looks like it was recorded at Oil Can Harry's for Gary Barclay's radio show. Anyone ever hear this? Wondering if there's any insight into the sound. Set list looks rather unique among Evans' recent live reissues. 

1. Sareen Jurer (live)
2. Sugar Plum (live)
3. The Two Lonely People (live)
4. T. T. T. (Twelve Tone Tune) (live)
5. Quiet Now (live)
6. Up With The Lark (live)
7. How Deep Is The Ocean (live)
8. Blue Serge (live)
9. Nardis (live)

BET-FE-CD-Exploded-Mockup_900x.png?v=161

Separate question - is Craft now the brand name that is going to be handling Concord's jazz/other catalog? What we used to think of as Fantasy/OJC/Etc?

and maybe even a bit more? But not Concord itself?

CRAFT RECORDINGS

but NOT Milestone?

4 hours ago, JSngry said:

Separate question - is Craft now the brand name that is going to be handling Concord's jazz/other catalog? What we used to think of as Fantasy/OJC/Etc?

and maybe even a bit more? But not Concord itself?

CRAFT RECORDINGS

but NOT Milestone?

Craft is found on the Concord Music Group website as one of their labels. To me it looks like they use Fantasy as a pop/rock label, and Craft for jazz and box set reissues.

Milestone is listed too, under "Classic Labels" - scroll down.

Edited by mikeweil

Yeah, it says taht. But you go here: https://concord.com/labels/milestone-records/

and it tells you to go here: https://craftrecordings.com/

and I don't see shit there.

But wait, there's this!

https://craftrecordings.com/products/mccoy-tyner-sahara-lp?_pos=1&_sid=d50a2724f&_ss=r

and there WAS this:

https://craftrecordings.com/collections/vinyl/products/joe-henderson-alice-coltrane-the-elements-180g-lp

other than that, bupkis.

Fuck thee clowns. And fuck the scamdorrans too. I will own the responsibility for getting this music, and I will not be taken for a chump in so doing. I will neither screw nor be screwed in the process.

One McCoy Tyner record, and a $20+ LP to boot. Just how many gullible hipsters (especially gullible white hipster - cf all those Chet Baker records) are there in this world, anyway?

Rhetorical question, please nobody try to answer.

I got the Pharcyde Bizarre Ride II box set and was surprised at how well it sounded. It was an impulse buy but glad I got it. After getting it I tried to figure out what they were doing and came up without any answers other then they appear to reissue a lot for RSD

• 3 weeks later...