Roy Hargrove & Mulgrew Miller - In Harmony

mjzee

Release date July 23:

71hM2u-7IbS._SL1200_.jpg

The first previously unissued recording of the late trumpeter Roy Hargrove since his passing in 2018. Recorded in 2006 at Merkin Hall at the Kaufman Music Center in NYC and 2007 at the Williams Center at Lafayette College in Easton, PA with piano great Mulgrew Miller. The 2-CD set includes an elaborate booklet with rare photos, essays, interviews and statements by Sonny Rollins, Christian McBride, Common, Ron Carter, Jon Batiste, Karriem Riggins, Keyon Harold, Chris Botti & more. 2 CD Digi-Pak.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, kh1958 said:

Lovely review. My only quibble with the review is I think the author minimizes Mulgrew. I can't wait for this one. I hope there's more in the vault to be released someday. 

Also a good review in today's Washington Post but let's be honest, his drug use exacerbated his other health issues. He was so terribly thin the one time I saw him that it was no surprise to read of his arrest. Sadly, another drug casualty.