Mose Allison - Complete Atlantic / Elektra Albums 1962-1983

mjzee

Reissue release date August 6:

7115JMY4lVS._SL1500_.jpg

Strawberry Records are proud to present the 12 albums that Mose Allison issued on Atlantic Records and Elektra Musician between 1962 and 1982 on 6CDs. This does not include "Greatest Hits" or "Best Of" albums which of course duplicated tracks from regular albums. Although these albums have all appeared on CD reissues at different times over the years. This is the first box set to gather together all of the albums from this period in one set. The original LPs are featured two per CD in chronological order. Produced by Bob Fisher whose detailed essay covers the entire history of Mose Allison's career with quotes and endorsements from artists like Elvis Costello, Bonnie Raitt, Pete Townshend, Georgie Fame, Van Morrison and many others who were inspired by his music. The booklet includes complete recording details and supporting personnel for each album along with numerous reproductions of advertisements, reviews and news stories from music industry magazines. Designed by Michael Robson and mastered by Simon Murphy this is the definitive collection of this period of Mose Allison's career.

4 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Amazon has it listed for about 69.

Importcds has it for $38 + $3 shipping (for a 6 CD set!).  They are always much better pricewise than Amazon on anything from the Cherry Red family of labels (which this release is).  Everything on those labels is usually beautifully executed and incredibly reasonably priced.  And they are all fully licensed, no PD worries.

I have only one of the Prestige albums, and not a single one of the Atlantic or Elektra albums, so this is welcome. Offered for 47 € over here.

The Prestiges are all on this great Fresh Sound set:

R-10253429-1494173615-6870.jpeg.jpg

Then there was an excellent sounding 3 CD set with the Columbias (which I have):

R-11785550-1522345403-2939.jpeg.jpg

... then follow the Atlantics. Time to complete my man Mose.

Edited by mikeweil

18 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Amazon has it listed for about 69.

Thanks, Lon.  We'll see how long that lasts.

14 hours ago, felser said:

Importcds has it for $38 + $3 shipping (for a 6 CD set!).  They are always much better pricewise than Amazon on anything from the Cherry Red family of labels (which this release is).  Everything on those labels is usually beautifully executed and incredibly reasonably priced.  And they are all fully licensed, no PD worries.

Thanks, John!  Now we're getting closer!

I pre-ordred a copy, along with the Prestige box from Fresh Sound. The latter is oop at the label, but JPC got me one from the German distributor. I feel lucky.

Listening to the Hi Jinks Columbia box right now. Mose was a groovy musician.

Edited by mikeweil

• 1 month later...

The new box set is already out of stock! I had pre-ordered but JPC obviously didn't get a single copy of that set. Sold out with pre-orders, it seems. I hope they make another batch.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/mose-allison-the-complete-atlantic-elektra-albums-1962-1983-6cd-box-set/

Edited by mikeweil

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Bluesnik said:

:blink: I bought the Prestige box (recognized the cover and got it immediately) some weeks ago, and they still had it at Blue Sounds, their usual outlet.

Duh - when I klick on the link I get an "out of stock" notice:

https://www.freshsoundrecords.com/mose-allison-albums/6216-complete-prestige-recordings-1957-1959-3-cd-box-set.html