• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Delli, Billi, and Tiddle - The New Boy!

Tiddle was Delli's son (see previous record). Apparently Danni got so enthralled at the notion of Delli's motherhood that she retired from the music business to start a family of her own. This nearly broke up the band...until it was discovered that Tiddle (at age 4!) had perfect pitch and an intuitive understanding of lyrics in seven different languages. Thus this record in which Delli & Billi limit themselves to backing Tiddle, who extolls a son's love of mother in all seven languages, 14 songs in all, one fast and zippy, the other slow and sentimental.

Hopes for international stardom did not come to fruition, but this is very much the cult record today.

Billi and Tiddle (+ Delli) - A Boy's A Man Now!

One of the more...uncomfortable chapters of entertainment history...Tiddle & Billi "fell in love" when he was 16 and she was 34. Damn near broke up the act, by all accounts, but ultimately Delli stayed in the act (albeit in the most diminished of roles), both to be a supportive mom, and also because, as she put it. "I've know Billi for a long time...." and left it at that.

It makes for some very uncomfortable listening on songs like "Make A Boy" where her part is an incessant (if tuneful) repeated "no no no".

Show business is pretty disgusting sometimes. Anything for a buck, anything for a baby, just....anything for anything.

Percy, Wild Bill & The Housewives

Never broadcast complete performance by the Wild Bill Davis Quartet featuring Percy France from the set of Carousel, a German-language Swiss TV show which featured cooking segments, modern art exhibits, audience quiz segments, and swinging performances by modern jazz groups.

39 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Maybe you're searching for the wrong thing?

Try Percy, Bill & The Wild Housewives instead...only clear those search filters first!

Yeah that worked thanks!

(of course this isn't really made up, except for the fact that there is only one tune, not a full set, but I figured if the theme was "WTF?" then this fit in just fine.)

Ted Machiavelli & the Savvy Consumers: "Pull-Tab Tuna Can" b/w "Blurred Expiration Date" 

The Blues Sub-Letters - "Can't Hop a Semi on the Interstate (Like I Used to Hop a Slow-Mo Freight)" b/w "Bring it to Irving"

The Invasive Species - "Chicken Gunya" b/w "Stagnant Lagoon"

Lars Levengood & the Five Love Languages - "Volitional Acts of Love" b/w "I Bought My Wife a New Kind of Toothbrush"

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation - We Get Requests

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...