DMP

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

At my local Zia this morning for RSD.  I go because, while I only play CDs and downloads, my buddy does LPs.  So twice a year we go for him to shop.  Today I was planned on the Bird in LA CD.  The did indeed have one copy.  It is quite nice with very good sound for a 1945 recording.  Some good chatter too.

Edited by hbbfam
error

My local record store didn't get a cd copy and Amazon is saying they're out of stock.   I'd ordered it from Amazon in June but when I track the order it says 

"Not yet shipped
We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date."

I don't know whether that means they've put one aside for me but just haven't shipped it or I need to wait for another shipment.  (Does that even happen with record day cds?).  I don't know why I care so much--   I've got everything on it except one set that Peter Losin says isn't that good. 

15 hours ago, medjuck said:

Tried. "In store only".

They appear to have changed this setting on the Josey records website and have both the CD and the LP sets available. So now you can order online for shipping, as far as I can tell without actually ordering myself.

Edited by kh1958

53 minutes ago, kh1958 said:

They appear to have changed this setting on the Josey records website and have both the CD and the LP sets available. So now you can order online for shipping, as far as I can tell without actually ordering myself.

Tried again and got as far as giving them my card numbers but then told it was no longer  available but I'd be notified when it was. 

On 11/26/2021 at 3:56 PM, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

the ranch stuff isnt that the main chunk thats not already on lp- i have that 2005 european cd of it, this would undoubtly be an upgrade

Most of it was bootlegged a while back on the "Rare Live Recordings" label,  But "Live in LA' would appear to also have a 13:14 Scrapple From the Apple recorded at the ranch at a later date that is not on the bootleg.  

Other than that, the previously unreleased music is a quartet recording from the Shrine when Bird was apparently dragged to the venue by Teddy Edwards in an almost unconscious state.  I haven't heard it yet, but apparently it is some of the worst Bird ever recorded.