It's the Post-Vaccines Mask Poll!!

Post Vaccine Mask Usage ...  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, clifford_thornton said:

yeah, I am vaccinated but when I am down in NYC and anywhere indoors I keep mine on. When outdoors in the smaller burg I now call home, I don't worry about it at all because there's hardly anyone around.

This closely resembles my situation. Outdoors I don’t wear them but when I go to the gym, which doesn’t require them anymore because of Governor Murphy’s rollback of regulations, I still wear them. Usually I’m the only person doing so.

Also, the vaccines are 90-95% effective, not 100%, so you still need to exercise some care. 

Edited by Brad

Masks prevent the spread of the virus, so it is important to keep wearing them after you get vaccinated for as long the authorities request you do.

As for the vaccine, I was offered Moderna and got my first shot this afternoon.

Edited by erwbol

19 minutes ago, Brad said:

This closely resembles my situation. Outdoors I don’t wear them but when I go to the gym, which doesn’t require them anymore because of Governor Murphy’s rollback of regulations, I still wear them. Usually I’m the only person doing so.

Also, the vaccines are 90-95% effective, not 100%, so you still need to exercise some care. 

But they are nearly 100% in preventing serious illness involving hospitalization or death.  In the UK the Indian variant is rampant but deaths are flat. Its the first time we've seen such a dichotomy between infections and deaths.

And I don't think anyone knows that a non-symptomatic infection among the vaccinated is spreadable. Has that been determined? Because realistically viral loads have to be small and declining among those, right?

Anyway, I was surprised this weekend to discover that my regular weekend shopping places were like this:

Brandon Bagel - no mask required sign anymore; still had sign up for limiting people in the entryway (more than 5 please wait).

Sam's: No mask signage. I'd say 20% masked up.

Publix: No mask signage, hand sanitizer at carts/entryway,  but no one even assigned to the wipe down/disinfect cart station. Mask usage about the same as Sam's. Masks were in use by front end personnel.

I got my two shots of Gamalea institute vaccine (Sputnik V,  russian one based on the same adenovirus technology as AZ)  but keep wearing masks and use sanitizer because vaccine saves only from severe disease, vaccinated person   if infected have mild illness and able to recover at home

Edited by Serioza

Personally I feel safe. I've been vaccinated fully. The mask mandate was lifted iabout a month ago and at my gym a small amount continue to wear their masks. I imagine the younger crowd might be less likely to get vaccinated but hey I'm not worrying about it at this point. If I end up getting Covid at least my symptoms won't be severe. Also the fact that I don't have to wear the darn thing I can actually breathe working out. A real big deal to me.

I wear a mask where it is requested: in shops and other indoor locations. Personally I don’t believe wearing masks is preventing anything the way they are used by almost everybody. I’m talking about wearing non medical disposable masks time after time after time with openings around both mouth and nose. The only way it could really attribute something is when everybody wears those medical masks with a filter. But they are way too expensive . 

About the vaccine: I do not really have a preference though I hear best stories about the Moderna and Pfizer. But they may really give me any of the vaccines except the Chinese. I do not think that one is really effective. If even the Chinese government acknowledges that, there must be no doubt about that!