You Know What's Harder To Do Than You Might Think?

A really good and accurate Bluto laugh, that's what. I tried to do one today, and came close, real close, but a close Bluto laugh just drives home its inadequacy. If you can't hit it, you oughta just quit it, that's my takeaway. But you gotta be ready to be brutally (or, Blutolly) honest with yourself about yourself.

Anything else?

Nah, my wife is in the habit of leaving the door open whenever she or the dog goes out back, which of course lets the flys in. So today, there were, like 4-5 flying around at once and she was all, like, get the fly swatter and kill these flys, will you? and I was like, ok, today's not the day for that, your doors open, your flys, YOU get the fly swatter.

So, she gets to swinging, THINKS she gets one or two down, and did get one, but then the 2nd one pops back up and she gets all OHHHHH, and then here comes another one up in her face, and that was it, time for an evilass Bluto laugh. And I did my best, even adjusted diaphragm and larynx to fill it up andrough it up, but no dice.

Just tried it again when the back door was open AGAIN and I asked her, what, were you born in a barn? oh, THAT'S RIGHT you were born in West Virginia, you probably were (failed Bluto laugh AGAIN!!!)

I should probably be thankful that I didn't get it right, because she's watched enough Popeye to know what a real one would sound like, and a real one would probably piss her off and then I would have to reconsider the whole strategy...