2LP Art Blakey - Chipping In (red vinyl)

Tjazz

Red vinyl with black marbling? Foil stamped? “Direct to Board” Jacket style? “Widespine” Jacket type? Oh, and it’s numbered!

Lineup is barely mentioned (only at the bottom of a description you have to expand to see). NO track-listing, NO track-times, NO recording date (beyond the year), NO recording location mentioned, NO indication whether it was recorded live or whether it’s a studio album.

But yeah, here’s all the fuckin’ bells and whistles about the marbled red and black colored vinyl and “jacket style” AND “jacket type”.

This shit annoys the fuck out of me.

/rant

Seeing that Light In the Attic distributed a UK reissue of this record from Tidal Waves Music that they just put out a couple of weeks ago. Black vinyl of course on that one and both are double LP sets. This VMP can only be had if you join their subscription series. Not a buy for me, but this is at least the second time VMP has released an album on the heels of a UK-first reissue. They did that with Sharrock's Ask the Ages, only they did a red 33rpm compared to Hive Mind's black 2x45rpm. Maybe there's others they've done like that as well. 

I’ve never been a fan of colored vinyl but some companies like to do it. 

4 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Red vinyl with black marbling? Foil stamped? “Direct to Board” Jacket style? “Widespine” Jacket type? Oh, and it’s numbered!

Lineup is barely mentioned (only at the bottom of a description you have to expand to see). NO track-listing, NO track-times, NO recording date (beyond the year), NO recording location mentioned, NO indication whether it was recorded live or whether it’s a studio album.

But yeah, here’s all the fuckin’ bells and whistles about the marbled red and black colored vinyl and “jacket style” AND “jacket type”.

This shit annoys the fuck out of me.

/rant

Anything related to vinyl annoys you. Since you don’t have a TT, why bother to comment? 

2 hours ago, Dub Modal said:

Seeing that Light In the Attic distributed a UK reissue of this record from Tidal Waves Music that they just put out a couple of weeks ago. Black vinyl of course on that one and both are double LP sets. This VMP can only be had if you join their subscription series. Not a buy for me, but this is at least the second time VMP has released an album on the heels of a UK-first reissue. They did that with Sharrock's Ask the Ages, only they did a red 33rpm compared to Hive Mind's black 2x45rpm. Maybe there's others they've done like that as well. 

VMP has reissued some interesting albums. I belong to their club. They just reissued Dorothy Ashby’s Rubaiyat album and the month before King Curtis’ Live at the Fillmore. 

I saw that version of the Messengers at Penn's Landing ca. 1989-1990 (Davis on trombone, both Barlow and Jackson on tenors), and it was nice enough, nothing transcendent.  Same thing with the album.  Brian Lynch was the star of the live show by a mile.  

Edited by felser

3 hours ago, Bluesnik said:

Oh, I didn't know that. But that album is an absolute beauty.

Yes, it just came out last month. I was going to post a link but it’s already waitlisted. I see several copies on Discogs but they’re a little on the expensive side.