MPS reissues

ghost of miles

4 hours ago, Д.Д. said:

Nice people at Edel (the current owner of MPS) have made a lot of MPS albums (including the Harper and Hannibal ones) available on streaming platforms.   

Yes, and I'm grateful that Edel has made much of the MPS catalog available through streaming services.  And they've offered downloads too.

But the collector in me says, "Streaming and downloads are not the same thing as tangible formats like CDs or LPs." 

I may be a dinosaur, but I still like objects that I can hold in my hands!  :) 

16 hours ago, JSngry said:

Spotify is radio.

16 hours ago, JSngry said:

Spotify is radio.

Ah, so that's what it is. 

In any case, I listened to that Hannibal album for the first time (thank you amazon) - it is good stuff indeed (except for the chanting track closer to the end). 

20 minutes ago, bertrand said:

The Hubbard does not seem to have the bonus track, which is apparently the same 'Muses' composition that appeared in the Dolphy Resonance set. That is annoying.

Problem fixed if they also reissue the Richard Davis album, correct?

35 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

The last reissue of the Hubbard sounds HORRIBLE, compressed, loud, squashed. That is keeping me away from pre-ordering any of this series.

Has anyone heard these yet? This is not good to hear.

16 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Problem fixed if they also reissue the Richard Davis album, correct?

Oh, is that where it belongs?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an MPS gem from Horst Jankowski:

Nelson Riddle's MPS albums Communication and Changing Colors are masterpieces of the Now Sound.  I hope they will be reissued:

Here is a nice Bossa.  The bridge is KILLER!!! Paging @Daniel A

Here is a gorgeous tune that should have become a standard, "How Short is the Time to Love" by Jerry Van Rooyen.  It is played here by Horst Jankowski.

Edited by Teasing the Korean

6 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

Here is an MPS gem from Horst Jankowski:

Nelson Riddle's MPS albums Communication and Changing Colors are masterpieces of the Now Sound.  I hope they will be reissued:

Here is a nice Bossa.  The bridge is KILLER!!! Paging @Daniel A

Here is a gorgeous tune that should have become a standard, "How Short is the Time to Love" by Jerry Van Rooyen.  It is played here by Horst Jankowski.

The bridge of Bacana is lovely! I like how the first chord in the third bar of the bridge is such a nice suprice, while still so typical of this style tje Germans excelled in during the late 60s.

As much as I love Horst Jankowski, isn't the first track stolen from KPM, though?