DAMN!

JSngry

This is literally the one and only Ruben Blades song I own (and have ever owned) — from an XTC v/a tribute album.  But I’ve always wanted to get more Blades — especially with the kind of horn section and arranging I’m hearing here — but have never known what’s the best place to start.  So, where should I go next??

(This is a very good tribute album, and this Ruben Blades track is absolute top-drawer, among many quite inspired covers found therein.)

Went with the late Daniel Scanlan to see Blades in the mid-80s at the Park West in Chicago.
Stunning live show that gave lots of solo room to the individual players. It's possible that
Sal Cuevas was one of them. Too busy dancing to remember exactly. I think it was the return
tour that happened after he left university and was coupled with the Crossover Dreams film.

10 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

But I’ve always wanted to get more Blades — especially with the kind of horn section and arranging I’m hearing here — but have never known what’s the best place to start.  So, where should I go next??

dude, hell if I know...definitely something on fania, probably with Willie colon, but none of that shit is in print. and used copies, where you can find them, are stoopidhigh.

Maybe just live on YouTube and keep your eyes open. He's a uniquely talented talent.

That shit is magic.

This is not:

Even if they've spent ever last penny of Lila Wallace's money by now, they've ammased a new fortune all over again if they get paid by the yawn, and extra bonus for every spirit they suck the life out of.

Here, take your life back while you can: