looking for someone in Japan to post some cds

Hi, i used to have a friend in Japan who would kindly let me have a box of cds from Amazon.jp i bought sent to him and then i would paypal him the postage and he would send to me in UK.

is there anyone in Japan on here that would be open to that, i would either order a couple of cds for them or paypal them some extra cash, whatever they wanted?

just thought i'd ask

thanks

Richard

5 hours ago, Д.Д. said:

Sorry for dumb question, but why don't you order from amazon Japan yourself? They deliver to the UK by DHL.

Don’t you get screwed via customs that way, in the uk, my friend used to mark it was a gift and declare the value super low to avoid it.

24 minutes ago, Pim said:

I thought the same. Proxy shipping is also an option.

Most proxy shopping I have seen is pretty expensive, unless you know of one you can recommend?

1 hour ago, Harbour said:

Don’t you get screwed via customs that way, in the uk, my friend used to mark it was a gift and declare the value super low to avoid it.

Most proxy shopping I have seen is pretty expensive, unless you know of one you can recommend?

CDJapan proxy shopping is absurdly expensive.

No idea how the current situation in the UK is, but for EU residents things have changed: from 1 July VAT is due on every item that is imported into the EU, regardless of its value; the 22 euro threshold has been abolished. I know this doesn't concern you since you're in the UK, but I thought I'd post this here anyway, it might be of interest to people here who live in the EU.

I've used CDJapan's proxy service twice, but only for a few items I really wanted and couldn't get anywhere else. It was very expensive indeed and I also had to pay VAT on arrival.

Edited by J.A.W.

Well, amazon Japan will charge you UK VAT, 20%, but will subtract the Japanese one, 10%. There shouldn't be any additional charges upon import.

I wish i could "only" pay 20% on VAT. Down here in Brazil VAT+Importation tax is 100% and the exchange rate is actually 1USD = 5,22 BRL so it's somehow prohibitive to import CDs through the internet. Some kind members have helped me tremendously throughout the years and i can't thank enough to each one of them.

Peace!