Marble League 2021 is here!

Today marks the start of Marble League 2021!  This year's series of 16 events will be hosted by my favorite team, Crazy Cat's Eyes, amidst the majestic pyramids of their homeland.

Today's video presents the opening ceremonies with the parade of participating teams and the traditional lighting of the flame.  Following that, the teams immediately take to the field to compete in the first event -- The Wave.

Go ahead, select a team to cheer for and enjoy Marble League 2021!

The teams returned to the field today for Event #2, Balancing.  In this event, each team attempts to get as many of its members as far down the runway as possible before falling off.  The further each marble goes, the more points scored.

My Crazy Cat's Eyes failed to heed the sage advice of Depeche Mode, for they failed to "get the balance right".  Jeez -- how could a team with "Cat's" right in the name manage to lose a balancing competition?!?   In doing so, they also lost ground in the overall team standings.  Sigh -- the fabled "curse of the host team" may be striking again!

In Event #4, Funnel Endurance, the goal is to be the last marble rolling through the tower of funnels.  This is always an action-packed event.  Strategy and stamina can be just as important as good old fashioned pushing and shoving.

My Crazy Cat's Eyes got Cyan Eye-d today. :(

Teamwork and pure physical force are the ingredients for victory in Event # 8 -- Block Pushing.

We are now halfway through the events of this year's Marble League games.  Two teams have pretty healthy positions atop the overall points total board, but there are still about a half dozen teams who have a chance of pulling into contention with strong performances in the second half of the events.  Sadly, after a particularly embarrassing performance in this event, my Crazy Cat's Eyes are not among them.

With the competitors whizzing across land and through the air and water, the Triathlon is Event # 9 in this year's Marble League.

This race proves to be an exciting one and the final outcome is determined by a photo finish.

As a Crazy Cat's Eyes fan though, i gotta say, "We wuz robbed!".  Some lousy, biased officiating and a major soccer league worthy "performance" by Rojo Tres of the Rojo Rollers.put a taint on the outcome of this event.  A taint, I say!

The Steeplechase is Event # 10.

I'm not a big fan of this event.  It's not very visually interesting to watch and since there is no direct head-to-head competition involved, it does not offer much drama.  Still, good news for the winners today and the contest to see which teams will be the Marble League champions is tightening up.

Event # 12 this year is Diving

Kind of a ho-hum viewing experience, IMHO.  As far as I'm concerned, this event should be called "Sinking", after the similar feeling the Crazy Cat's Eyes are giving me at this point of the games.

Event # 13 is the Elimination Race

This is a more action-packed event as the competitors race down a course filled with obstacles and booby traps.  The last one out is not only a rotten egg, they are also eliminated. 

There is a new team atop the standings after this event.  A special tip of the hat should go to the Thunderbolts, who despite having won only one medal in all the events, currently occupy the fifth position on the leader board.  Through hard work and solid consistency, the Bolts have proven they are no flash in the pan.

What better way to spend a sunny summer day than outdoors at Event # 14 -- The Sand Rally

The final race, after the two qualifying races, was one of the most thrilling contests so far this year.  I was actually on my feet cheering and clapping.  For the Crazy Cat's Eyes, Ol' Blue Eye was just about purrrrrfect.