New Members

felser

53 minutes ago, felser said:

Had someone contact me by email and ask me how to join the forum community - and I actually have no idea at this late date!  Can anyone enlighten me?  thanks.

Here is the info I posted from an earlier thread:

”From a prior experience, this is the procedure requested by Jim A: Jim requests that you email him. He has to manually add new members because of spam. His email is b3groover@gmail.com.  When you email him, please indicate what you'd like your username to be.”

• 5 months later...
14 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Yes, a big welcome.  Feel free to introduce yourself!

I escaped from the Steve Hoffman forums because I was tired of the negativity. I'm a 51 year old music lover with eclectic tastes running from Bill Evans to Opeth to Chris Thile to Fela. My background includes a stint as the Jazz buyer at HMV 72 & Broadway in NYC and a decade working in content acquisition at Muze, a defunct online music database. I have done writing for an underground Metal 'zine where I got to interview all my boyhood heroes (and sneak in the occasional Jazz piece) and also several other sites doing interviews and reviews.

I played trombone in my college Jazz ensemble, but wasn't a big listener until I got to HMV where I learned a ton and fell in love with the music.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Jim, long time lurker,

Cannot get enough of Sonny Stitt, Harold Land, Art Pepper, Hank Mobley, Al Cohn, Warne Marsh, Lennie Tristano, Zoot Sims and Lee Konitz.

Next month I may have a new list, or maybe not.

Glad to be able to subscribe!

CDrat

(guess I am letting on my favorite format)

Edited by Cdrat

1 hour ago, Cdrat said:

Thanks Jim, long time lurker,

Cannot get enough of Sonny Stitt, Harold Land, Art Pepper, Hank Mobley, Al Cohn, Warne Marsh, Lennie Tristano, Zoot Sims and Lee Konitz.

Next month I may have a new list, or maybe not.

Glad to be able to subscribe!

CDrat

(guess I am letting on my favorite format)

Welcome!