Steve Khan - Subtext

mjzee

Release date October 1:

61UijQXVttL._SL1200_.jpg

Guitarist Steve Khan, one of the leading jazz guitarists of his generation, continues his explorations of the wondrous traditions of Latin music. Joining him are guest artists Rob Mounsey (keyboards and orchestrations), Randy Brecker (fluegelhorn), Gil Goldstein (accordion) and Mariana Ingold (vocals). Together with Khan's core group - Ruben Rodrguez (bass), Bobby Allende (conga), Marc Quinones (timbal) and Dennis Chambers (drums) - they perform Steve's arrangements of compositions by Ornette Coleman, Freddie Hubbard, Wayne Shorter, Greg Osby and Thelonious Monk. 

Also included is the gorgeous ballad, "Never Let Me Go" plus two originals from Khan and a Cumbia driven Vallenato (Colombian traditional folk style) epic collaboration between Steve and Mariana Ingold. Steve uses his own compositions and enticing re-arrangements of jazz and Latin standards to amplify the rhythmic ingenuity, textural creativity and technical brilliance for which he's already well known. 

TRACK LIST:

1. Bird Food (Comida Para Pajaros)
2. Blue Subtext (Subtexto En Azul)
3. Baraka Sasa
4. Infant Eyes (Ojos De Nino)
5. Heard (Escuchado)
6. Never Let Me Go (Nunca Me Dejes Ir)
7. Cada Gota De Mar
8. Hackensack
9. Bait and Switch (Gato Por Liebre)