Rooster_Ties

Some previously unreleased Lennie Tristano *IS* in the works!! (Now, from StaMford)

87 posts in this topic

The site has just added audio clips ...

The Mosaic site has a new "expected release date" of Dec 1st (was previously Nov 15, as recently as a day or two ago).

Not terribly surprised, and I'll just be glad if I can get it by a few days Christmas.

Tristano release date now December 20th, per the Mosaic email that I'm sure many of you received as well.  (The email says a discography for the set is now posted, but I'm still getting a "coming soon" message when I click on the link for it.)

The discography has been added.

It is just SO weird that we can't preorder this one. I think Lon must be right. It must have something to do with the partnership with DOT Time. After all, Mosaic has used preorders recently to decide how many sets to produce.

gregmo

Didn't Mosaic send out an e-mail a week or so ago saying it was the plastic trays that hold the CDs that was messing things up?

12 minutes ago, thirdtry said:

Didn't Mosaic send out an e-mail a week or so ago saying it was the plastic trays that hold the CDs that was messing things up?

Yup, that’s the holdup — and seems to be the only holdup.

If cards are not charged until items are actually shipped, why is that preventing pre-ordering? Just tell people what the deal is upfront and let them get a place in line if they want to.

For whatever reason(s), I seem to vaguely remember they didn’t do preorders for the last 2-3 or even 4 sets they released. I’m half sure that the Joe Henderson and Hank Mobley 60’s sets dropped as live orders, with no presale period.

This is in contrast with whatever earlier sets in the recent (but not as recent) past, where they tried to get so many pre-orders as they could in order to bring the set to final fruition — I’m thinking the most recent Woody Herman set was maybe like that?

I forget all the specifics, but all that’s what’s rattling around in my head, if anyone happened to also remember any of that.

7 minutes ago, Rooster_Ties said:

For whatever reason(s), I seem to vaguely remember they didn’t do preorders for the last 2-3 or even 4 sets they released. I’m half sure that the Joe Henderson and Hank Mobley 60’s sets dropped as live orders, with no presale period.

This is in contrast with whatever earlier sets in the recent (but not as recent) past, where they tried to get so many pre-orders as they could in order to bring the set to final fruition — I’m thinking the most recent Woody Herman set was maybe like that?

I forget all the specifics, but all that’s what’s rattling around in my head, if anyone happened to also remember any of that.

Doubtful about the Mobley 60s...I more than vaguely (albeit with some uncertainty ;)) recall kicking myself for preordering that one via Paypal and thereby having my card charged long before shipping.

36 minutes ago, T.D. said:

Doubtful about the Mobley 60s...I more than vaguely (albeit with some uncertainty ;)) recall kicking myself for preordering that one via Paypal and thereby having my card charged long before shipping.

Maybe it was just the Joe Henderson then. Seems like it dropped out of nowhere.

Anybody happen to have chatted with the Mosaic folks on the phone in the past week or so regarding this release?  Just wondering if the Dec. 20 release date still holds.