Paul Desmond set running low.

I was on the fence about this set because I wasn't too fond of the guitar - the sound, not the playing - but decided to get it after all. Glad I did, and I recommend it to anyone who's not sure whether or not to get it - grab it while you can.

Edited by J.A.W.

• 2 weeks later...

I had been on the fence regarding purchasing this set, but I decided to pull the trigger once it hit “running low” status.  The set arrived a few days ago (I’m looking forward to listening to a big chunk of it this holiday weekend), and I found it interesting that the booklet was numbered 2687 of an edition limited to 2,500.

My thoughts are that either (1) Mosaic made a printing error (and I don’t care), or (2) there was something in the contract (or a revision thereof) that allowed Mosaic to sell more than the 2,500 limit originally anticipated (and that’s great!!!)  The sale of ~2,700 copies of a set within a 16-month period would probably be some type of sales record for Mosaic.

In any instance, I don’t think that the matter is worthy of in-depth analysis, but, with all the Mosaic sets that I have purchased over the years, this is a first for me.

I thought that when the new Mosaic site was started, and it was noticed that there was no link to Running Low/Last Chance page, it was mentioned that those statuses  would be conveyed directly on the respective set's page.  I'm not seeing a running low notice on the Desmond set page, so I have to wonder what's going on.

Yes, the sent me an email - but I missed it among the dozens I get between my checking email.  If not for this thread, I would have missed it.

Full disclosure, this was more or less a drill as I already have the Desmond set.  I'm more concerned about the Armstrong and Henderson sets.  These are nice suggestions for gifts for Christmas or my March birthday from my sons or my wife, but if they hit the last chance list - I'm buying it for myself!