Grammy.com on Soul Station

It is kind of weird hearing from all these young people for whom Soul Station has always just been there, always in print, and Hank having always been a Dead Guy . Neither were my young people experience. But this is how it is.

OTOH, I will never know what it was like to hear that record when it was brand new either 

10 hours ago, JSngry said:

It is kind of weird hearing from all these young people for whom Soul Station has always just been there, always in print, and Hank having always been a Dead Guy . Neither were my young people experience. But this is how it is.

OTOH, I will never know what it was like to hear that record when it was brand new either 

That's my experience too, interestingly betwixt and between.

Oh, when the LT albums came out and where they talked about Hank not even having a horn, my reaction was to get some money together, buy a horn, and deliver it to him in person. That lasted for a week or so until somebody who had seen him recently told me, uh...probably not a good idea, he's not wanting for anything like that to happen.

He was in bad shape, ok, but he was at least alive, and Breakthrough was just a few years old still, so...hope springs eternal, and all that. Kinda was hoping that those LT albums would spur a resurgence of interest (and they did, at least the beginning of one, , but not from Hank himself. Sad, but you know, not everybody wants to "come back"...I see all these ads for testosterone boosters talking about GET BACK IN THE GAME and all that shit and I'm like oh HELL no, I'm trying to get OUT of the game, "back in" the game is the LAST fucking place I want to be, and that's just me, never mind Hank Mobley.

He had his reasons, of that I'm sure. Sad and tragic as they probably were, he had his reasons, And it was his decision. Life is ugly just as often as its not.