Henry P. Warner - Blu-Nile IV: The Art of the Ensemble CD

colinmce

Does anyone here have a copy of this disc by chance? The only mention of it I'm able to find online is a defunct Amazon listing, a photo from the booklet on 50 Miles of Elbow Room (below), and this information reposted from his website (which I assume is also defunct, not able to turn anything up):

Born in New York City, played in the loft-jazz scene in the '70s, an instructive force in the progress of America's only original art form, Henry P. is an artist who honors the jazz masters, while recognizing family and community. His music combines African rhythms with jazz and can also freely improvise or create unique renditions of standards.

Reviews
"Warner, who has been under-recorded and under the radar... backs up the image he presents—bereted, bearded, darkly shaded—with a commanding presence on alto saxophone and clarinet...." Jeff Stockton, All About Jazz, April 2005.

"....suggests how Coltrane might have sounded had he concentrated his energies on alto sax and clarinet ....shows rare command of post-­Hemphill, post-Lake alto sax dynamics...." David Lewis, Cadence, Sept. 2004.

Blu-Nile IV: The Art of The Ensemble by Henry P. Warner
01 - Art of The Ensemble (7:31)
02 - Some Place Nice (8:20)
03 - Algiers (4:37)
04 - Blu's for Louis (4:01)
05 - Blu's for Radu (4:26)
06 - Wheatliegh Hall (5:34)
07 - The Kings and Queens of The Nile (7:24)
08 - Pressenistic (3:07)

Contact
The band is available for all occasions.

To book an engagement contact:
Akosua (914) 668-7562 / (914) 419-5498
Send us an e-mail

©2001–2014 Henry P. Warner. All rights revserved.

I'd love to get a chance to hear this one. Even scans of the inserts would be appreciated!

earl%20freeman%20henry%20warner%20400.jp

Edited by colinmce

1 hour ago, clifford_thornton said:

I'd like to hear that. Wonder if Adam/50 Miles can get copies. Saw Henry not long before his departure -- Music Under New York thing, Henry was in good spirits & sound but his health was compromised. Still glad I had the opportunity to hear and meet him.

I was considering reaching out to him, yeah. I might think that if he were able to have copies in hand, he would but you never know. Definitely awesome that you got a chance to see him! 

• 1 month later...