Catesta?

ghost of miles

6 hours ago, bresna said:

The political threads were crazy back then. With today's polarized political scene, can you imagine what it would be like now? Eeek!

Crazy is right! Some members would only/mostly post in the political section. If I remember, there was one, Johnny Z? would knew a ton about jazz, in fact was a jazz musician if I'm correct, but only posted in politics. 

4 hours ago, Matthew said:

Crazy is right! Some members would only/mostly post in the political section. If I remember, there was one, Johnny Z? would knew a ton about jazz, in fact was a jazz musician if I'm correct, but only posted in politics. 

Johnny E from Seattle. A really gentle way of describing his persona would be "mercurial".

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

Agree, Reptet are/were excellent. Not sure if they're still around.

OMG, I’d completely forgotten about Reptet. I probably have a CD of theirs somewhere.

They played in KC about a month before I left for DC — and stayed at our empty house (the entire band). Had to all sleep in their sleeping bags on the floors through the house (carpeted, at least), as that was after I’d already moved all of my wife’s and my stuff to DC (I was sleeping on the floor myself my that point) — as I was still trying to get the house ready to put on the market.

Great band, far as I’m remembering.