Von Freeman's "Good Forever"

Larry Kart

Do we know this 2006 Premonition album with a choice rhythm section of Richard Wyands, John Webber, and Jimmy Cobb? I didn't know of it until I found it at a library sale over the weekend. Seems to me that engineer Jim Anderson did a very good job of capturing Von's sound.

I also picked up a Ray Bryant solo album "Somewhere in France" (Hyena) with Ray in fine form. Vividly recorded too, although the source Ray says was a cassette that the sound man gave him. He doesn't recall where the gig was or when it took place.

On 9/20/2021 at 9:47 AM, Larry Kart said:

Do we know this 2006 Premonition album with a choice rhythm section of Richard Wyands, John Webber, and Jimmy Cobb? I didn't know of it until I found it at a library sale over the weekend. Seems to me that engineer Jim Anderson did a very good job of capturing Von's sound.

I also picked up a Ray Bryant solo album "Somewhere in France" (Hyena) with Ray in fine form. Vividly recorded too, although the source Ray says was a cassette that the sound man gave him. He doesn't recall where the gig was or when it took place.

There's another Freeman with the same rhythm section. It's good too. It's called Great Divide.