Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chuck Nessa

Other Minds Festival

10 posts in this topic

Got a streaming pass. Can't wait. Smith has had to cancel, though. 

2 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Yes, Wadada emailed that he had to cancel.

Piece in the Chronicle about the fest.

Haven't read that yet. Can't WAIT! 

See you this week, Chuck

Just encountered Anthony on the street outside our hotel - he’s in great spirits.

Sad to see little reaction to this event.

Wonderful week in San Francisco, topped by the 4 days of “Other Minds 25”.

Connected again with online friend Brooks Frank aka BFrank and musician friends Myra Melford, Mark Dresser, Hamid Drake, Tyshawn Sorey, Larry Ochs, Junius Paul, Vincent Davis, Mary Halvorson, James Fei, Tomeka Reid and specially old friends Roscoe Mitchell and Anthony Braxton.

This was the best thing I can imagine for the past week.

Edited by Chuck Nessa

29 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Sad to see little reaction to this event.

Wonderful week in San Francisco, topped by the 4 days of “Other Minds 25”.

Connected again with online friend Brooks Frank aka BFrank and musician friends Myra Melford, Mark Dresser, Hamid Drake, Tyshawn Sorey, Larry Ochs, Junius Paul, Vincent Davis, Mary Halvorson, James Fei, Tomeka Reid and specially old friends Roscoe Mitchell and Anthony Braxton.

This was the best thing I can imagine for the past week.

I had a great time, too. Hanging with Chuck and Ann was an extra treat. 

No doubt this music can be a little challenging at times (perhaps explains the muted reaction?), but the best way to experience it is live (IMO). And I think everyone attending the festival had a wonderful time. BTW, Tomeka was there as an audience member!

Looking forward to next year!

Very glad you are experiencing live music. The rollout back to live here in NYC for this sort of music is very slow with too many restrictions, IMO. I miss this music madly. 

14 hours ago, Steve Reynolds said:

Very glad you are experiencing live music. The rollout back to live here in NYC for this sort of music is very slow with too many restrictions, IMO. I miss this music madly. 

This was my first live music event since early 2020. They had mask and vax requirements, but no one seemed to mind and I think it made for a more relaxed atmosphere.

10 hours ago, BFrank said:

This was my first live music event since early 2020. They had mask and vax requirements, but no one seemed to mind and I think it made for a more relaxed atmosphere.

I welcome the vaccine requirements. The masking not so much. I’m vaccinated plus a booster shot 3 weeks ago so I’m feeling secure and safe wherever I go.