Seattle Times: How John Coltrane’s Seattle recording of ‘A Love Supreme’ was found

'A producer in Beverly Hills'. Scratching my head as to who it could possibly be.

What other juicy stuff is on those reel to reels?

The article finally corrects nonsense that keeps circulating: for a long time, Antibes was the only known live RECORDING of the full suite (not just some movements), but some have been claiming that Coltrane only PERFORMED it live once, a claim that could never actually be proven and now has been disproven.

I have an article on Cal Massey that claims the full suite was played at one of his festivals in Brooklyn. Not an impossible claim, but confirmation is needed. A friend of mine is pretty sure he heard Coltrane play the entire suite in NYC. Why not? I am sure there are many gigs between 1965 and 1967 for which we have no set lists. He could have performed it dozens of times.

Bertrand.

4 hours ago, bresna said:

I imagine it's one of the producers associated with Impulse! Records. The last time I was in touch with someone at Impulse!, he was located in California. I thought LA, but maybe it was Beverly Hills.

I was being somewhat facetious. I am thinking they mean Zev Feldman. I could be wrong. He is involved in this. He lives in LA. Beverly Hills is part of LA, right?