Houston Person - Live In Paris

Hardbopjazz

• 2 weeks later...

You know, when this guy's gone...the next successor is gonna be James Carter's organ group if he wants it to be. But not everybody's gonna come along with James Carter, if you know what I mean...but they could if they wanted too...and if he wanted to...

A friend sent me a copy of this, and although I was not really all that hep on Houston Person until the very late 1970s, I gotta say that although he has not changed one bit since...ever...he continues to deepen (which i think is what I began to pick up on as far back as those very late 1970s, the Muse album with Cedar Walton, which was, I think, just after his Gospel album on savoy, maybe?). I didn't think I was gonna like this past the "respect" lvel, but dammit, there's nothing to do her except enjoy it while it lasts.

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2021 at 7:45 PM, JSngry said:

You know, when this guy's gone...the next successor is gonna be James Carter's organ group if he wants it to be. But not everybody's gonna come along with James Carter, if you know what I mean...but they could if they wanted too...and if he wanted to...

A friend sent me a copy of this, and although I was not really all that hep on Houston Person until the very late 1970s, I gotta say that although he has not changed one bit since...ever...he continues to deepen (which i think is what I began to pick up on as far back as those very late 1970s, the Muse album with Cedar Walton, which was, I think, just after his Gospel album on savoy, maybe?). I didn't think I was gonna like this past the "respect" lvel, but dammit, there's nothing to do her except enjoy it while it lasts.

Co-sign. 

BTW, this is some deep Detroit shit right here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Real_Thing_(Houston_Person_album)