Ahmed Abdul-Maiik

ListeningToPrestige

Great album indeed. There's a Doxy LP boot of it for sure. I have an original -- amazing music, my copy has some unfortunate pressing bumps but it plays through! It's very, very hard to find in decent condition.

Dusty Groove put out a CD of Spellbound, presumably licensed from Concord. I have the Status LP -- cool album, pressed like doo doo.

• 4 months later...

As LP on dodgy, bootleg label Doxy.  Even those are going for £50 these days. 

Discogs lists this CD issue which is both "unofficial" and listed as Prestige so that'll be a bootleg too

https://www.discogs.com/release/5308885-Ahmed-Abdul-Malik-The-Eastern-Moods-Of-Ahmed-Abdul-Malik

There is the option of the official LP, yours for only 900 euros ...

Edited by mjazzg

6 hours ago, mjazzg said:

As LP on dodgy, bootleg label Doxy.  Even those are going for £50 these days. 

Discogs lists this CD issue which is both "unofficial" and listed as Prestige so that'll be a bootleg too

https://www.discogs.com/release/5308885-Ahmed-Abdul-Malik-The-Eastern-Moods-Of-Ahmed-Abdul-Malik

There is the option of the official LP, yours for only 900 euros ...

I have a Doxy LP of The Hustler by Thee Great Kenyon Hopkins, and the sound is great.  It is clearly not sourced from vinyl.  That said, I don't know what Doxy does for their other LPs, and I'm not about to find out for that amount of money.  But if my Doxy LP of The Hustler is truly a bootleg, then I'm OK with bootlegs.  And I paid less than ten bucks for it.

Edited by Teasing the Korean