9. Bad Santa 03:29
10. White Christmas 05:12
11. Blue Christmas 04:50
12. Have Yourself An Alto Madness Christmas 04:30
13. A Song For Christmas 06:10
14. Silver Bells 02:02
15. Sleigh Ride 05:21
16. The Christmas Song 02:53

This is the only recording of Christmas music by Alto Saxophone great Richie Cole, who passed away on May 2, 2020 at his home in Carnegie, PA, just outside of Pittsburgh.  He was very proud of this recording, which I played drums on and produced. He loved the classic Christmas recording, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Leroy Anderson, music that told the story of the season. It was a great pleasure for him to be able to present his tribute to the most wondrous of holidays!

Merry Christmas,

Reid Hoyson 

200005236.png?1635524709331
cover-0dc994e9240e4dbb8cc8c4da8b87fcff-h

image-a6979b0a8a0b4b9c86c0894ccf357983-f

AVAILABLE TODAY

Focus Holiday Song:

#11 The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on An Open Fire)
(Duet with John Legend)

A unique holiday album that weaves Nat’s distinctive, beautifully restored vocals with new arrangements and contemporary artists, the collection features virtual duets of holiday classics with Kristin Chenoweth, Gloria Estefan, John Legend, Johnny Mathis, and Calum Scott; a full tracklist is below. Based on archival photos of Nat, watch/share hand-drawn visualizers for each of the album’s tracks here.

image-41216a9c181443c88312854d1313c955-f

Co-produced by Jay Landers (Barbra Streisand, Neil Diamond, Barry Gibb) and GRAMMY® Award winner and Oscar nominee Jorge Calandrelli (Tony Bennett, Lady Gaga), who also arranged and conducted, the album’s material was sourced from Cole’s timeless album, “The Christmas Song,” and other recordings from his esteemed catalog. The album was co-produced, mixed, and mastered by multi-GRAMMY-winning engineer and mixer Dave Reitzas (Natalie Cole, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion). Reitzas was responsible for mixing the historic Grammy®-winning virtual duet, “Unforgettable,” by Natalie and Nat King Cole.

Born in Montgomery, Alabama, in 1919, Nathaniel Adams Coles was one of four sons of the First Baptist Church’s pastor Edward Coles. Nat’s mother, Perlina Coles, a choir director at the church, taught him piano at four. In 1921, the family moved to Chicago, seeking a better life in the prospering towns of the north. Nat became obsessed with the inescapable sound of Chicago jazz. Mastering the piano at a young age was central to his artistic development. Cole developed his style as a teenager adding in his own flair for the blues. His unique playing style and sultry baritone voice were fully formed when he worked his way from Chicago to Los Angeles.

Signed to Capitol Records in 1943, Cole released his initial album as the lead vocalist of “The King Cole Trio” in 1945, at the dawn of the LP format, and topped Billboard’s inaugural album chart. In his brief 20-year career, he recorded more than 150 singles that reached Billboard’s pop, R&B, and country charts and sold more than 50 million records. His phenomenal success led to Capitol’s iconic round building on Vine Street in Hollywood to be known as “The House That Nat Built.” Cole’s impressive catalog has since garnered six platinum and two gold album awards, with six-times RIAA- platinum-certified “The Christmas Song” initially released in September 1964.

In addition to his recognition as a musical trailblazer, Cole is also recognized as a champion for civil rights. The revolutionary American singer’s impact continues across the world’s cultural and political landscape. In 1946, he broadcasted a 15-minute national radio program, “King Cole Trio Time,” the first of its kind to be hosted by an African American musician. In 1956, he became the first African American to host his own national network television show, NBC’s “The Nat King Cole Show.” In addition to his warm and welcoming stage personality, Cole was a featured actor in films including China Gate and the Oscar-winning Cat Ballou.

TRACKLIST
1. Deck the Hall/Joy to the World (duet with Johnny Mathis)
2. O Come All Ye Faithful (Adeste Fideles)/The First Noel
3. The Very Thought of You (duet with Kristin Chenoweth)
4. Auld Lang Syne (Interlude)
5. (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons
6. O Holy Night (duet with Calum Scott)
7. O Little Town of Bethlehem/Silent Night
8. We Wish You a Merry Christmas (Interlude)
9. A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square (duet with Gloria Estefan)
10. The Little Boy That Santa Claus Forgot
11. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on An Open Fire) (duet with John Legend)

About Nat King Cole

One of the most identifiable and memorable voices of the 20th century, Nat King Cole recorded nearly 40 albums and over 100 singles that reached Billboard’s pop, R&B, and country charts and sold more than 50 million copies. As the first African American to host a radio show and a national television show, NBC’s “The Nat King Cole Show,” he was a civil rights pioneer. Cole appeared in several films, including  St. Louis Blues and Cat Ballou. He won the Grammy® Award for Best Performance for “Midnight Flyer” and was honored with a Special Achievement Award from the Golden Globes. He was posthumously awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award from NARAS and inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. 2019 marked the 100th anniversary of the birth of Nat King Cole, born March 17, 1919.

Follow

NAT KING COLE

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

200005236.png?1635524709331

: Kristin Chenoweth Shares the Joy of the

Holiday Season on Happiness is…Christmas!

cover-1f4504687cce40b7b11cd72267ef9083-h

TONY® and EMMY® Award-winning actress and singer Kristin Chenoweth releases her first collection of holiday music in more than a decade. Avaible NOW, Happiness is…Christmas! puts Chenoweth’s unmistakable stamp on a dozen songs celebrating everyone’s favorite time of year.

CONFIRMED MEDIA:

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon 11/22

Live with Kelly and Ryan 11/23

The Late Show with James Corden 11/30

The Talk 11/30

Kelly Clarkson Show 12/1

The Drew Barrymore Show 12/8

Watch What Happens Live 12/8

Many more major appearances to be announced soon…

From Kristin: “The inspiration for this album was light. Light at the end of the tunnel.  It’s been a difficult time for all.  With the cover and some of the songs, light is a big theme.  I wanted to make a Christmas album for everybody.  I wanted songs on the album that people can enjoy, that make them smile.  It’s a fun record, yet intimate -- just like Christmas with my family.”

Chenoweth teamed up with award-winning producers Jay Landers (Barbra Streisand, Bette Midler) and Fred Mollin (Jimmy Webb, Johnny Mathis) for the album, which brilliantly showcases her remarkable versatility, virtuosity, and charisma. The duo enlisted a group of Nashville’s most in-demand musicians for the recording sessions, including guitarists Bryan Sutton and Kerry Marx, bassist Larry Paxton, drummer Tommy Harden, pianist and keyboard player Pat Coil, and harpist Kirsten Agresta Copely.

The album kicks off with a buoyant medley of “Happiness (Is Christmas)”/“Christmas Time Is Here” (with new lyrics by Landers and Charlie Midnight), an affectionate nod to Chenoweth’s star-making, Tony-winning turn as Sally Brown in the 1999 Broadway production of You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown.

Other highlights include a jaunty jazz arrangement of “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,” a wistful reading of the Carpenters’ poignant “Merry Christmas, Darling,” and a soaring performance of Stephen Schwartz’s Chanukah song “We Are Lights,” while “Why Couldn’t It Be Christmas Every Day?” tips its hat to the classic harmonies of the Beach Boys.

5x GRAMMY-winning singer and musician Keb’ Mo’ joins Chenoweth for a bluesy, sultry duet on “Merry Christmas, Baby,” and Chenoweth’s playful wit takes center stage on “Santa, I’ve Got a Bone to Pick With You” and a swinging mashup of “(Everybody’s Waitin’ For)  The Man with the Bag” and “Jingle Bell Rock.”

The album closes on a hopeful note, with a stirring rendition of Peggy Lee’s “My Dear Acquaintance (A Happy New Year).”

Chenoweth reflects, “One of my favorite Dolly Parton quotes is ‘You can’t have the rainbow without the rain.’” Smiling, she says, “I’m ready for all the colors.”

FOR MORE INFORMATION

Kristin Chenoweth | Instagram | TikTok | Facebook | Twitter

Artist Title Time    

Kristin Chenoweth Happiness (Is Christmas) / Christmas Time Is Here (Medley) 04:26    
  Kristin Chenoweth Why Couldn't It Be Christmas Every Day? 04:19    
  Kristin Chenoweth Merry Christmas, Darling 04:04    
  Kristin Chenoweth (Everybody’s Waitin’ For) The Man With The Bag / Jingle Bell Rock (Medley) 02:38    
  Kristin Chenoweth The Stories That You Told 03:59    
  Kristin Chenoweth The Little Road To Bethlehem 03:08    
  Kristin Chenoweth, Keb' Mo' Merry Christmas Baby 05:15    
  Kristin Chenoweth Christmas Lullaby 03:30    
  Kristin Chenoweth We Are Lights 04:24    
  Kristin Chenoweth Santa, I've Got A Bone To Pick With You! 04:00    
  Kristin Chenoweth Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas 04:04    
  Kristin Chenoweth My Dear Acquaintance (A Happy New Year) 03:53    

cover-92188735ed4347998d79cc14f23c5f29-h

José James
Christmas in New York

Impacting
October 22nd, 2021

Format(s): Jazz

“Sounds like the result of the black-pop continuum, jazz and soul and hip-hop and R&B, slow-cooked for more than 50 years.”
—The New York Times

“Catch up with Jose James now because he's a rarity - an artist evolving at warp speed.”
—NPR Music

“James skirts categories with ease, fitting in with current R&B innovators like Frank Ocean or Miguel.. he holistically heals the rift between radio-friendly songcraft and virtuoso flair.”
—NPR Music

“Is José James a jazz singer or a soul singer? Old school or new school? A guardian of tradition or a seeker of thrills? Yes, yes and yes.”
—LA Times

Like his idols John Coltrane, Miles Davis and Marvin Gaye, José James is a master of reinvention. Over the past 13 years as a singer, producer and label owner, he's proven himself capable of covering wide swaths of musical terrain. He’s done it all while keeping his voice in the center, a smoky baritone the likes of Gil Scott-Heron and Terry Callier that cuts through the lush instrumentals beneath it. The approach has led to a vast discography with various entry points across labels Blue Note, Verve/Impulse, Brownswood and now his own Rainbow Blonde Records. 

Today he releases new single "Christmas in New York" - a future jazz Christmas classic written by James and his Grammy nominated partner Talia Billig. 

“Christmas in New York” feels equally cozy and mournful. “I made it for people like myself who aren’t able to see their families another year,” James says. Indeed, there’s a chill in Aaron Parks’ piano that conveys intense sadness and reflection on happier times. The song was crafted as a blend of James’ holiday experiences in Minneapolis and New York City, where he wrote the song. “That kind of picture-perfect scene of people throwing snowballs and making a snowman in Central Park, and Wollman Rink,” James says. “That whole beautiful Manhattan Christmas… it was my dream as a kid, and then I got to live it. There’s a lot of love in that.”

Produced by José James and Brian Bender, the session was both recorded and mixed directly to 2" tape to capture the warmth and LCR (left-center-right) sound akin to classic albums such as "Kind of Blue," "Blues and the Abstract Truth" and "John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman." Mastering duties were handled by veteran engineer Frank Arkwright at Abbey Road Studios.

image-8050a6d5536942a7b567103371df7ba7-f

Tour Dates

11.27 - SF Jazz
11.28 - SF Jazz
11.30 - Seattle, Jazz Alley
12.01 - Seattle, Jazz Alley
12.02 - Portland, The Old Church
12.04 - Santa Cruz, Kuumbwa
12.05 - LA, Masonic Lodge
12.07 - Phoenix, MIM
12.09 - Santa Fe, The Lensic
12.11 - Minneapolis, Dakota
12.12 - Minneapolis, Dakota
12.13 - Chicago, City Winery
12.14 - NYC, City Winery

Further Information

Produced by José James & Brian Bender
Recorded by Ariel Shafir at Dreamland Studios
Mixed by Brian Bender at Motherbrain West
Mastered by Frank Arkwright at Abbey Road Studios

Press Photos

download

José James...

Edited by GA Russell

cover-2927c3f9d6534dfc8428118c52ddabdc-h

Ollee Owens
Kris Kringle Jingle

Format(s): Christmas, Holiday

It's brassy and sassy - and it's sure to get you into the holiday swing of things!

From the opening notes to the big close, "Kris Kringle Jingle" delivers everything a fresh, fun Christmas song should. An original concept, embodied by infectious instrumentation and clever lyrical hooks, and recorded by some of Nashville's top studio musicians, this song showcases the vocal passion and power of Ollee Owens in a manner that leave most single debuts wanting. 

A future standard for any festive celebration ... tune it in, turn it up and play it often! 

Here is what people have to say about the song: 

"It's finally happened! A song has come along that makes me wish I start playing my Christmas music sooner!" 

KB Radio, Canada 

"Kris Kringle Jingle has everyone dancing!" 

3R Double P FM 98.7 & 98.3, Australia

"What a voice! What a song! Love it! "

Rocking Country Radio, Canada

"I can't wait to start playing this song - I love it!" 

Clogher Valley Radio, Ireland

"Fantastic song!" 

MGA FM, Netherlands

"That's one for my Christmas file!" 

BBC Norfolk, UK

"Love it! OMG that is fantastic! The best Christmas song I have heard this year - brilliant, thank you!"

IAM4U/Indie Show/Voice of the UK Western Swing Show, UK

"I really like this one, Added it to my programming!"

Black Dog Indie, US

MEET OLLEE OWENS:

Raised on the Canadian prairies, Ollee Owens grew up in a musical fmaily where the sounds of southern rock, country, and gospel could be heard on her Dad's stereo. In her teens she discovered Delta Blues and singers like Etta James, Mavis Staples, Mahalia Jackson and Janis Joplin. These artists captured her iwth their vocal intensity, thoughtful lyrics and emotionally charged music. The lyrical themes distinctive to Ollee's music provide a rich and meaningful experience for the earnest listener. Her demanor, being curiously accessible, beckons one to join in feeling as deeply as she does in the moments shared together. The sound produced from her has been described as being unexpectedly pronounced, yet warm and soulful. 

www.olleeowens.com

icon_facebook.pngicon_twitter.pngicon_instagram.png  

download

Kris Kring...

Edited by GA Russell

cover-3a067f5879d248809300437d668699f4-h

Josie Falbo
A Jazzy Interlude with Josie Falbo

Impacting
November 15th, 2021

Josie Falbo - vocals

Scott Mason, Chuck Webb – bass

Bob Rummage, Rich Trelease - drums

Carey Deadman – trumpet

Kirk Garrison – trumpet

Jim Gailoretto – sax

Steve Eisen – sax

Andy Baker – trombone

Alejo Poveda – percussion

Jeremy Kahn, Chris Sargent, Marshall Vente – piano

Mark Lekas – cello

Recorded at Crystal Recording.

Engineer: Jim Massoth

Mastered by Brian Schwab - Schwab Music

Website 

Josie Falbo's newly recorded Holiday EP, "A Jazzy Interlude with Josie Falbo," to be released exclusively on her website, JosieFalbo.net on Friday, November 12th, 2021.

The 4 song recording features new arrangements of classic holiday songs (The Christmas Song, A Child Is Born and The Christmas Waltz) arranged by Marshall Vente and Carey Deadman (Arranger of Josie's critically CD,"You Must Believe in Spring,) and a new cover version of "Christmas Eve Is Coming Soon," by Chicago based composer/songwriter, Richard Knight, Jr.  

"A Jazzy Interlude with Josie Falbo" is an intimate musical set recorded for this special time in our lives. Having grown up on many holiday favorites, Josie wanted to share them with you. The inclusion of "Christmas Eve is Coming Soon" showcases Josie's love of new material; songs which she wanted to introduce to her audiences. After hearing the new version, Knight exclaimed: Exquisite! I am humbled by Josie's artistry and the gorgeous arrangement."

The recording, available from JF Records, is available on the website  https://www.josiefalbo.net , while also being available on digital outlets across the world.

Edited by GA Russell

200003035.png?1637021369773

CHAD LAWSON RELEASES NEW CHRISTMAS EP

CHRISTMAS IN MY DREAMS

A Collection Of Timeless Holiday Classics

That Includes The Standout Track

“Silent Night

Featuring The Beloved Vocals Of Dinah Washington

Out Now Listen Here

cover-05ddc1f4d0804b1d8a36c4f6a4d17f22-h
image-16bc67b80a5944fea2968d30d5f108c0-f

Composer and pianist Chad Lawson presents his new holiday EP, Christmas in My Dreams. Showcasing Lawson’s signature emotive sound, the four-track collection includes a unique collaboration between Lawson and the vocals of adored singer Dinah Washington, with Chad accompanying the vocal track of Dinah’s enchanting version of “Silent Night.” Listen to this never-before-heard version here and the full EP here.

In addition to the standout arrangement of “Silent Night,” the EP also features three new renditions of well-loved holiday tunes such as “Have Yourself a Merry Christmas” and “I’ll Be Home for Christmas.” The end result is an instant classic that is sure to become a part of many Christmases to come.

Since the release of Lawson’s 2020 major label debut, You Finally Knew, his role as one of the leading American post-classical artists has grown exponentially. He has surpassed over 140 million global streams, the track “Stay” has become a fixture on the Top 25 Billboard Classical chart for 74 consecutive weeks, and “Stay” was the number one classical track in 2020 for all of Universal Music Group. Additionally, his name and music in the relaxation/meditation space has become well-known to those who seek ways to reduce stress and improve emotional health – as his recent nomination for an iHeart Radio Podcast award for his popular “Calm It Down” podcast easily shows his connection to that audience.

Christmas In My Dreams Tracklist

1. Silent Night (feat. Dinah Washington vocals)
  2. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Arr. for String Quartet by Geoff Lawson)
  3. The Christmas Waltz (Solo Piano)
  4. I’ll Be Home for Christmas (Solo Piano)

About Chad Lawson

A former jazz musician who spent two years touring stadiums as part of Julio Iglesias’ live band, Chad Lawson began his solo career in 2009 when the stress took a toll on his own health. He wrote his debut solo piano album, Set On A Hill, while suffering from ulcerative colitis, a chronic condition that had left him bedridden. In 2011, his album The Piano attracted mainstream media attention in the US. Two years later, Chad repeated the feat with The Bach Variations. Today, Lawson’s expressive sound has become a staple of some of the world’s most popular playlists, introducing new generations to classical music with contemporary techniques and modern-day interpretations.

FIND CHAD LAWSON ONLINE

Facebook | Website | Instagram | Spotify | Twitter

Artist Title Time    

Chad Lawson Silent Night 02:22    
  Chad Lawson Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Arr. for String Quartet by Geoff Lawson) 03:21    
  Chad Lawson The Christmas Waltz 02:29    
  Chad Lawson I'll Be Home For Christmas 03:17    

S.gif
da7206d2-edf9-4040-b722-621306716401.png
4e92253a-e7c7-4f4a-a6bf-fc73a318aed3.jpg

REMINDER:
AVAILABLE NOW via Artistry Music

GRAMMY® Award-Winning Saxophonist
Kirk Whalum Asks, How Does Christmas Sound?
with Second Holiday-Themed Release

Album Explores More Spiritual and
Introspective Sound for Christmas,
Welcoming Peace and Celebration
S.gif
d5048622-3f94-4eb3-874f-b348a95247f7.png
S.gif

When we think of Christmas, sometimes it’s the sights that come to mind: the multi-colored lights framing the windows of neighbors’ houses, the line of eager children waiting to sit on Santa’s lap, the Nativity scene on the lawn at the local church. Or maybe it’s the smells that arise first: fresh-baked gingerbread, pine needles, a turkey dinner in the oven.

On his new album for Artistry Music/Mack Avenue Music Group, GRAMMY® Award-winning saxophonist Kirk Whalum asks How Does Christmas Sound? On his second holiday-themed album, Whalum doesn’t answer that question in the expected way – revisiting the most familiar carols, the ones that have already worn out their welcome most years by the time Thanksgiving rolls around. Instead, he finds a more spiritual, introspective sound for Christmas, one that acknowledges the melancholy that often accompanies the Yuletide and the faith that is so central to his own celebrations.

“You can talk about the sights and the smells, but to me it's always a sound that takes me to the true meaning of Christmas,” Whalum explains. “Even in April, I will put on Nat King Cole’s Christmas record and it brings me peace.”

How Does Christmas Sound? follows Whalum’s previous holiday album, 2001’s GRAMMY® Award-nominated The Christmas Message. Over the last decade he’s regularly celebrated the season with his annual “A Gospel According to Jazz Christmas” Tour. So, it only made sense to revisit the Christmas canon with a renewed perspective, especially following a season when many families spent the holiday apart during the pandemic.

“We had to sit out a Christmas,” Whalum says. “I realized during the pandemic that Christmas means more to me now than it ever did. Like my faith, Christmas is axiomatic to my life, and I have evolved spiritually in so many ways.”

To reflect that profound evolution, Whalum reconvened with producer/trumpeter James McMillan, with whom he also worked on his monumental 2019 album Humanité, also on Artistry Music. The two share a friendship dating back much further, however, to their days touring in the horn section for the British pop duo Everything but the Girl. Their close relationship, as well as their experiences conceiving the globe-spanning Humanité, made McMillan the ideal collaborator for this latest endeavor, so Whalum returned to the producer’s studio in the seaside English hamlet of Hastings.

“One of the main points we made with Humanité was the fact that there's so much life and culture and beauty that exists outside of your world. I'd like to say that life can be about getting to know some of it. So, James had the idea to bring to light all of these more obscure Christmas songs. It gave us a great opportunity to unearth these jewels of Christmas songs that exist outside of the American mainstream.”

Those unexpected selections include the hymns “A Babe is Born” and “Es Ist Ein Ros Gesprungen” and the Contemporary Christian song “Thorns in the Straw.” Originally written and recorded by British singer-songwriter Graham Kendrick, the latter is here reimagined with a bright jazz feel and vocals by the saxophonist’s brother, singer Kevin Whalum.

71aaef58-c2d1-4d57-b147-10c684493fc9.jpg

Photo Credit: Steve Roberts

Family is central to the album as a whole, as it always has been throughout Whalum’s career. On the album’s title track, one of two new songs penned by Whalum for the occasion, the saxophonist’s nephew, actor/singer Kortland Whalum, is the featured vocalist, while his son Kyle Whalum handles bass duties.

“My discography is always about family, and this record is no different,” Whalum says. “Whenever I record music, I'd be crazy not to use my son who plays with Kelly Clarkson, my nephew who is out doing Broadway shows and my other nephew who plays with Bruno Mars.” (Whalum’s nephew, trombonist Kameron Whalum, is in fact so busy with his Bruno Mars duties that he was unable to participate in How Does Christmas Sound? but he’s a frequent guest on his uncle’s projects.)

Not all of the songs that make up How Does Christmas Sound? are quite so arcane. The second track is perhaps the album’s most unexpected, a forlorn treatment of Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas,” which has become the iconic Christmas song of its generation. Whalum’s reverently slow version becomes a song of faith, directed to the saxophonist’s savior rather than a Yuletide lover.

“I probably would never have recorded that song, though it’s apparently the most popular Christmas song since ‘Joy to the World,’” Whalum admits. “My daughter convinced me, and James agreed that there was gold to be found in the song. When you slow it down it makes one consider the materialism and expectations around Christmastime that end up leaving people feeling empty and disappointed sometimes. So, in essence I'm saying to Christ, ‘You do the things that I need and fulfill my greatest dreams, so that as a gift is more than sufficient.’ It just so happens that because of that great gift, I also have these other gifts, like my wife and my family.”

Whalum’s crooning tenor finds an intimate moment amidst all the year-end festivities on a wistful “What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?” aided by Mark Edwards’ sensitive piano and Marcus Finnie’s whispering brushwork on the drums. He switches to flute for an updated “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” and is joined by rising R&B star Chantae Cann on the Contemporary Christian favorite “Mary Did You Know?” which has been recorded by everyone from Kenny Rogers and Wynonna Judd to Cee-Lo Green, Pentatonix to Dolly Parton.

Whalum’s second original, with lyrics by Nashville singer-songwriter Benita Hill, is the romantic ode “Seven,” with lead vocals by Kevin Whalum backed by the rich harmonies of Take 6. “What guy or girl wouldn't want to have someone write a song about them as the seventh wonder of the world?” Whalum muses. “It’s the perfect Christmas present.”

Conceived in Whalum’s home studio, his unique take on “Angels We Have Heard on High” is a solo tour-de-force layering soprano, tenor and baritone saxophones with percussion generated by the hammering of saxophone keys, all deftly performed by Whalum himself with accompaniments by Edwards and McMillan. The album concludes with an impassioned rendering of “In the Bleak Midwinter” given silken texture by the guitar playing of Mark Jaimes.

More than just another merry round of caroling, How Does Christmas Sound? is Whalum’s attempt at offering a moment of soul-searching for Christmas revelers and a balm for those whose holidays don’t shine as brightly. 

“In Christendom we have this beautiful hymn, ‘There's a Balm in Gilead,’ which says, ‘to heal the sin-sick soul, to make the wounded whole,’” Whalum shares. “I wanted to make it a point to ask how does Christmas sound when your heart is sad, when you feel anything but joy? I'm hoping that it impacts people in that way, that it reminds listeners that God is thinking about them.”
S.gif

Kirk Whalum · How Does Christmas Sound?
Artistry Music (Mack Avenue Music Group) · Release Date: September 10, 2021

For more information on Kirk Whalum, please visit: KirkWhalum.com

MACK AVENUE · the road to great music · mackavenue.com

# # #

43c1fee6-ed16-4bfd-acfb-58effe30edda.png

68c3d7ae-90d3-45d3-a0b5-dc5b987be28c.png
5f369558-635e-423b-bc42-2f11508f7b4c.png
S.gif

Edited by GA Russell

image-e11de55e54594560bb3f1d2647663a37-f

Deb Bowman
A Big Love Holiday

Impacting Now!

Format(s): Christmas, Gospel, Holiday, Jazz

Wrap your holiday with a uniquely heartfelt & soulful album release from Atlanta performer Dynamo Deb Bowman, who’s previous jazz album “Fast Heart” received critical acclaim for vocal versatility and songwriting. Bowman’s “A Big Love Holiday” releases online Thanksgiving 2021 with live performances at City Springs Studio Theatre 12/12 and The Alliance Hertz Stage on 12/24. Bowman grew up singing in the gospel church in Alabama and began her professional career in NYC, and since, has performed internationally in TV, Film, Theater, and Cabaret Shows.

image-8243272d18ae4e839730d3828c7e6bb0-f

Follow her at www.debbowman.com

Contact

deb@debbowman.com

download

21_BigLove...

download

21_BigLove...

download

21_BigLove...

download

21_BigLove...

image-fd9f4ff84ca64f339b28f37f6deca74c-f

cover-fc9c11c270324c4bb4122cee88c9e60a-h

Allen Austin-Bishop
Christmas

Impacting
November 26th, 2021

Format(s): Jazz, Smooth Jazz

Artist Title Time    

Allen Austin-Bishop All I Want For Christmas Is New Year's Day 05:35    
  Allen Austin-Bishop Perfect Christmas 03:40    
  Allen Austin-Bishop New Year 03:31    
  Allen Austin-Bishop My First Christmas With You 03:02    
  Allen Austin-Bishop Send Me A Bit of Home For Christmas 03:32    
  Allen Austin-Bishop By Christmas Eve 03:49    
  Allen Austin-Bishop River 04:24    
  Allen Austin-Bishop The Christmas Song 04:28    
  Allen Austin-Bishop Some Day At Christmas (updated) 03:28    
  Allen Austin-Bishop The Little Boy That Santa Claus Forgot (Radio Edit) 04:13    
  Allen Austin-Bishop When You Wish Upon A Star 03:11    

Allen Austin-Bishop is bringing-in the festive cheer this year with his first holiday album entitled “Christmas". “Christmas” delivers songs from popular artists such as The Sugababes, S Club-7, John Legend, Joni Mitchell, and the legendary Mel Torme. “Christmas” features Allen Austin-Bishop vocals, accompanied by an accomplished,  tasteful and subtle band comprised of pianist Dorian Ford, bassist Mao Yamada, percussionist James Edmunds, saxophonist Katie Edwards, and celloist Fifi Homan. Together they bring a freshness to songs, both old and new giving then a warm atmospheric vibe, taking the originals into a new sphere.

Allen’s voice has been described as being warm, with a conversational style, with critics praising his ability to not only sound as if he believes every word that he interprets but an approach that communicates very well to audiences. Allen was born in Newark, New Jersey, but for some time, has been based in London. Allen made his recording debut in 2017 with “Sorry Grateful”, a collection of standards. Among its highlights are his versions of “Misty,” “The Shadow of Your Smile,” “Happiness is a Thing Called Joe” and “When I Fall in Love”.

Allen Austin-Bishop has become an important part of the London music scene, with his second album, “No One Is Alone”, further spreading news about his musical talents worldwide. His acclaimed cover of the Elbow ballad, buffalo ghosts, (released September 2021) was Allen’s first offering from his album “Why Go?” (to be released in Spring 2022). “Why Go?” which Allen is currently putting the final touches on, marks a change from his past recordings, and leans more towards a ‘modern’ sound which an important step forward for this appealing singer – and will delight his growing group of fans.

WEBSITE

icon_facebook.pngicon_instagram.pngicon_applemusic.pngicon_spotify.png  
image-917b7a065f6c4bd3977bc281b984c959-f
image-eb485fc911d247f3929978eed18750d3-f

Contact information:
allen@austinbishop.com

download

Christmas ...

• 3 weeks later...

200005474.png?1639018572880
cover-c8b07133eb8148dc8ec06da2c2802dae-h

NORAH JONES RELEASES FIRST-EVER HOLIDAY ALBUM

I DREAM OF CHRISTMAS

A COLLECTION OF SEASONAL FAVORITES & NEW ORIGINALS

LAST WEEK’S APPEARANCES:

• ABC: The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration (11/28)

• NBC: Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting (12/1)

• ABC: Jimmy Kimmel Live! (12/2)

THIS WEEK’S APPEARANCES:

• ABC: Good Morning America (12/9)

• ABC: GMA3 (12/9)

• YouTube Live Stream From The Empire State Building (12/9)

• SHEROS Radio (12/10-16)

NEXT WEEK’S APPEARANCES:

• NBC: TODAY Show (12/15)

• CBS Saturday (12/18)

THE FOLLOWING WEEK’S APPEARANCES:

• CBS: Kennedy Center Honors (12/22)

• NPR: World Cafe (12/24)

• ABC: Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade (12/25)

Norah Jones has been a steady voice of warmth and reassurance for nearly 20 years since her cozy 2002 debut album Come Away With Me became a familiar musical companion for millions of people around the world. Now the 9-time GRAMMY-winning singer, songwriter, and pianist has released her first-ever holiday album with I Dream Of Christmas, a delightful and comforting collection of timeless seasonal favorites and affecting new originals that explore the complicated emotions of our times and our hopes that this holiday season will be full of joy and togetherness.

“I’ve always loved Christmas music but never had the inclination to make a holiday album until now,” Norah says. “Last year I found myself listening to James Brown’s Funky Christmas and Elvis’s Christmas Album on Sunday’s during lockdown for a sense of comfort. In January 2021, I started thinking about making a Christmas album of my own. It gave me something fun to work on and look forward to.”

“When I was trying to figure out which direction to take, the original songs started popping in my head,” Norah explains. “They were all about trying to find the joys of Christmas, catching that spark, that feeling of love and inclusion that I was longing for during the rest of the year. Then there are all the classics that have that special nostalgia that can hit you no matter who or where you are in life. It was hard to narrow down, but I picked favorite classics that I knew I could make my own.”

Among the album’s many pleasures are Norah’s playful reinvention of The Chipmunk’s “Christmas Don’t Be Late” by David Seville (aka Ross Bagdasarian), which is given a languid beat and swaggering horns. Other highlights include sublime versions of “White Christmas,” “Blue Christmas,” Winter Wonderland,” and “Christmas Time Is Here.”

I Dream Of Christmas was produced by Leon Michels and features an excellent cast of musicians including Brian Blade on drums, Tony Scherr and Nick Movshon on bass, Russ Pahl on pedal steel guitar, Marika Hughes on cello, Dave Guy on trumpet, Raymond Mason on trombone, and Michels on saxophone, flute, percussion, and more.

The track listing for I Dream Of Christmas is as follows:

1. Christmas Calling (Jolly Jones) (Norah Jones)
  2. Christmas Don’t Be Late (Ross Bagdasarian)
  3. Christmas Glow (Norah Jones)
  4. White Christmas (Irving Berlin)
  5. Christmastime (Norah Jones/Leon Michels)
  6. Blue Christmas (Billy Hayes/Jay W. Johnson)
  7. It’s Only Christmas Once A Year (Norah Jones)
  8. You’re Not Alone (Norah Jones/Leon Michels)
  9. Winter Wonderland (Richard B. Smith/Felix Bernard)
  10. A Holiday With You (Norah Jones)
  11. Run Rudolph Run (Johnny Marks/Marvin Brodie)
  12. Christmas Time Is Here (Lee Mendelson/Vince Guaraldi)
  13. What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve? (Frank Loesser)

Follow Norah Jones:

Website  Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  YouTube

image-4833682a5a7e4914a665839ce582688f-f

Follow Blue Note Records:

Website  Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Apple Music  Spotify  YouTube

• 9 months later...

image-fd9f4ff84ca64f339b28f37f6deca74c-f

cover-fc9c11c270324c4bb4122cee88c9e60a-h

Allen Austin-Bishop
Christmas

Format(s): Jazz

Artist Title Time    

Allen Austin-Bishop All I Want For Christmas Is New Year's Day 05:35    
  Allen Austin-Bishop Perfect Christmas 03:40    
  Allen Austin-Bishop New Year 03:31    
  Allen Austin-Bishop My First Christmas With You 03:02    
  Allen Austin-Bishop Send Me A Bit of Home For Christmas 03:32    
  Allen Austin-Bishop By Christmas Eve 03:49    
  Allen Austin-Bishop River 04:24    
  Allen Austin-Bishop The Christmas Song 04:28    
  Allen Austin-Bishop Some Day At Christmas (updated) 03:28    
  Allen Austin-Bishop The Little Boy That Santa Claus Forgot (Radio Edit) 04:13    
  Allen Austin-Bishop When You Wish Upon A Star 03:11    

Allen Austin-Bishop is bringing-in the festive cheer this year with his first holiday album entitled “Christmas". “Christmas” delivers songs from popular artists such as The Sugababes, S Club-7, John Legend, Joni Mitchell, and the legendary Mel Torme. “Christmas” features Allen Austin-Bishop vocals, accompanied by an accomplished, tasteful and subtle band comprised of pianist Dorian Ford, bassist Mao Yamada, percussionist James Edmunds, saxophonist Katie Edwards, and celloist Fifi Homan. Together they bring a freshness to songs, both old and new giving them a warm atmospheric vibe, taking the originals into a new sphere.

Allen’s voice has been described as being warm, with a conversational style, with critics praising his ability to not only sound as if he believes every word that he interprets but an approach that communicates very well to audiences. Allen was born in Newark, New Jersey, but for some time, has been based in London. Allen made his recording debut in 2017 with “Sorry Grateful”, a collection of standards. Among its highlights are his versions of “Misty,” “The Shadow of Your Smile,” “Happiness is a Thing Called Joe” and “When I Fall in Love”.

Allen Austin-Bishop became an important part of the London music scene, with his second album, “No One Is Alone”, while further spreading news about his musical talents worldwide. More recently, his critically acclaimed album "Why Go?” (released in July 2022), which marks a change from his past recordings, and leans more towards a ‘modern’ sound is an important step forward for this talented singer who is fulfilling his potential, introducing listeners to a variety of superior contemporary material, and carving out his own musical path in the jazz and pop music worlds.

WEBSITE

icon_facebook.pngicon_instagram.pngicon_applemusic.pngicon_spotify.png  
image-917b7a065f6c4bd3977bc281b984c959-f
image-eb485fc911d247f3929978eed18750d3-f

Contact information:
allen@austinbishop.com

download

Christmas ...

200007838.png?1665095945600
cover-7a78d4084e6245a2b7328b17577c6e41-h
  Artist Title Time    

Norah Jones Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas 04:16    
image-df508c92856546009e3d7a922db34cbb-f

On October 21, Norah Jones will release I Dream Of Christmas (Deluxe), a newly expanded 24-track edition of the 9-time GRAMMY-winning singer, songwriter, and pianist’s beloved 2021 holiday album, a delightful and comforting collection of timeless seasonal favorites and affecting originals. The Deluxe edition features 11 additional songs including bonus tracks and live performances, as well as a brand-new studio recording of “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” which was released today as a digital single. I Dream Of Christmas (Deluxe) is available for pre-order now on 2-LP black, gold, or red vinyl, CD, or digital download.

“When I was trying to figure out which direction to take, the original songs started popping in my head,” Norah explained. “They were all about trying to find the joys of Christmas, catching that spark, that feeling of love and inclusion that I was longing for during the rest of the year. Then there are all the classics that have that special nostalgia that can hit you no matter who or where you are in life. It was hard to narrow down, but I picked favorite classics that I knew I could make my own.”

The album’s release last year found Norah performing songs including her original “Christmas Calling (Jolly Jones),” the Chipmunks’ “Christmas Don’t Be Late,” and Irving Berlin’s “White Christmas” everywhere from Rockefeller Center and the White House to Disneyland and the top of the Empire State Building. In fact, five of the additional tracks included on the Deluxe edition were taken from that remarkable live performance atop the iconic New York City skyscraper where Norah was joined by bassist Gus Seyffert, drummer Brian Blade, and vocalist Sasha Dobson.

The original studio album was produced by Leon Michels and features an excellent cast of musicians including Blade on drums, Tony Scherr and Nick Movshon on bass, Russ Pahl on pedal steel guitar, Marika Hughes on cello, Dave Guy on trumpet, Raymond Mason on trombone, and Michels on saxophone, flute, percussion, and more.

The track listing for I Dream Of Christmas (Deluxe) is as follows:

1. Christmas Calling (Jolly Jones)
2. Christmas Don’t Be Late
3. Christmas Glow
4. White Christmas
5. Christmastime
6. Blue Christmas
7. It’s Only Christmas Once A Year
8. You’re Not Alone
9. Winter Wonderland
10. A Holiday With You
11. Run Rudolph Run
12. Christmas Time Is Here
13. What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?
14. Last Month Of the Year
15. I’ll Be Home For Christmas
16. The Christmas Waltz
17. O Holy Night
18. I Dream Of Christmas
19. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
20. Christmas in My Soul / Christmastime (Live From The Empire State Building)
21. Run Rudolph Run (Live From The Empire State Building)
22. Blue Christmas (Live From The Empire State Building)
23. You’re Not Alone (Live From The Empire State Building)
24. Christmas Calling (Jolly Jones) (Live From The Empire State Building)

Norah Jones has been a steady voice of warmth and reassurance since her cozy 2002 debut album Come Away With Me, which marked its 20th Anniversary in 2022 with a Super Deluxe Edition, became a familiar musical companion for millions of people around the world. Jones’ self-described “moody little record” introduced a singular new voice and grew into a global phenomenon, sweeping the 2003 GRAMMY Awards. Since then, Jones has become a nine-time GRAMMY-winner, sold more than 50 million albums, and her songs have been streamed six billion times worldwide. She has released a series of critically acclaimed and commercially successful solo albums—Feels Like Home (2004), Not Too Late (2007), The Fall (2009), Little Broken Hearts (2012), Day Breaks (2016), Pick Me Up Off The Floor (2020), the live album ‘Til We Meet Again (2021), and her holiday album I Dream Of Christmas (2021)—as well as albums with her collective bands The Little Willies, El Madmo, and Puss N Boots featuring Sasha Dobson and Catherine Popper. The 2010 compilation …Featuring Norah Jones showcased her incredible versatility by collecting her collaborations with artists as diverse as Willie Nelson, Foo Fighters, Outkast, and Herbie Hancock. In 2018, Jones began releasing a series of singles including collaborations with artists and friends such as Mavis Staples, Jeff Tweedy, Thomas Bartlett, Tarriona Tank Ball, Rodrigo Amarante, and Brian Blade, some of which were compiled on the 2019 singles collection Begin Again. Jones recently launched her own podcast Norah Jones Is Playing Along, each episode of which features her sitting down with one of her favorite musicians for impromptu musical collaborations and candid conversation

image-29a28d0f02da40248a4cc81eb272bfe6-f

Follow Norah Jones:

Website  Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  YouTube

cover-452705b47a424b0aaf74ed630eed2e6b-h

Artist Title Time    

Andrea Bocelli, Matteo Bocelli, Virginia Bocelli Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas 04:03    
image-28cefb29b75747c681dcb86a4dd93cd2-f

GLOBAL ALBUM RELEASE: OCTOBER 21st

WATCH ALBUM TRAILER HERE

NEW SONG:

HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS

AVAILABLE FOR HOLIDAY AIRPLAY PROGRAMMING: NOW

This holiday season, internationally renowned tenor Andrea Bocelli is teaming up with his 24-year-old son Matteo Bocelli and his 10-year-old daughter Virginia Bocelli for their first-ever album together, A Family Christmas. Set for release on October 21 via Decca / Capitol Records, the recording showcases their multi-generational musical talent in a range of festive favorites.

“We are offering our small, intimate, and heartfelt gift to anyone who wishes to enjoy the soundtrack of Christmas in the Bocelli home,” the family says.

Andrea Bocelli will be joined by Matteo and Virginia on his U.S. tour, which will kick off on December 1 at Chase Center in San Francisco. The run includes shows in such major cities as Las Vegas, Boston, Miami and Columbus with the support of the Columbus Symphony Orchestra. Andrea will perform for the first time ever in Bridgeport, CT, Savannah, GA, Indianapolis, IN with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra and at the new venue UBS Arena on Long Island. He will return to the legendary Madison Square Garden in New York City on December 14. See below for itinerary. Tickets are on sale now at https://www.andreabocelli.com/tickets.

A Family Christmas was produced by composer and multi-GRAMMY® and Academy Award® nominee Stephan Moccio (Celine Dion, The Weeknd, Miley Cyrus, Barbra Streisand), who also contributed new arrangements and co-wrote The Greatest Gift alongside Amy Wadge, Jonas Myrin and Andrea Bocelli. The album captures the Bocelli festive spirit in full flow, with new renditions of traditional carols arranged for all three voices, including “Away in a Manger and “Joy To The World plus popular Christmas tunes from around the globe such as “Feliz Navidad and the new original song “Il Giorno Piu Speciale, which was written by Federica Abbate, Cheope, Katoo and Andrea Bocelli. The trio of complementary voices intertwine and echo on the album’s stirring opening track Do You Hear What I Hear?”

Each Bocelli gets a chance to shine on A Family Christmas with solo tracks, duets and trios. For 10-year-old Virginia Bocelli, this marks her first appearance on an album, having previously joined her father for a spine-tingling performance of “Hallelujah” during 2020’s hugely popular Believe in Christmas concert, livestreamed from the Teatro Regio di Pama (watch here). She provides the tender openings to Away in a Manger and Over The Rainbow and performs solo on When Christmas Comes to Town.”

At 24, Matteo Bocelli has launched his own successful solo recording career after signing to Capitol Records in 2019. He shot to fame in 2018 after duetting with his father on the hit song “Fall On Me” from Andrea’s best-selling album, , which debuted at No. 1 on the U.S. and U.K. charts. The emotive video, which features images of father and son through the years, has now surpassed 100 million views (watch here). Matteo and Andrea reunite on Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and Matteo duets with Virginia on Happy Xmas (War is Over)” before taking a solo turn on I’ll Be Home For Christmas,” which closes the album.

For Andrea Bocelli, the most celebrated classical singer in modern history, the chance to work with Matteo and Virginia on this album has been a source of great joy. He says, “I think there is nothing more beautiful than making music with your kids; I consider it a privilege.” As well as performing with his son and daughter on many of the Christmas songs, Andrea takes the lead on The First Noël and Buon Natale.”

Andrea’s emotive and instantly recognizable voice has earned him millions of fans around the world. In April 2020, he broke records with his emotionally charged Music for Hope performance from the historic Duomo cathedral in Milan. His unforgettable Easter performance ranks among the biggest musical livestreams of all-time and the largest simultaneous audience for a classical livestream in YouTube history. He has earned a Golden Globe, seven Classical BRITs,  seven World Music Awards and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Reflecting on A Family Christmas, Matteo concludes, “Singing these songs together, feeling the holiday warmth with my family is something really special. That’s what Christmas is about – making memories together to cherish forever. It’s really exciting to think that people will have a copy of our album sitting wrapped under the tree.”

A Family Christmas – Track Listing

1. Do You Hear What I Hear?

2. Away in a Manger

3. Feliz Navidad

4. The First Noël

5. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

6. Over the Rainbow

7. Buon Natale

8. Joy To The World

9. The Greatest Gift

10. When Christmas Comes to Town

11. Happy Xmas (War is Over)

12. Il Giorno Piu Speciale

13. I’ll Be Home For Christmas

2022 U.S. Tour Dates

12/1 – San Francisco, CA – Chase Center

12/3 – Las Vegas, NV – MGM Grand Garden Arena

12/4 – Anaheim, CA – Honda Center

12/7 – Indianapolis, IN – Gainbridge Fieldhouse

12/8 – Columbus, OH – Nationwide Arena

12/10 – Boston, MA – TD Garden

12/11 – Bridgeport, CT – Total Mortgage Arena

12/13 – Long Island, NY – UBS Arena

12/14 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden

12/16 – Savannah, GA – EnMarket Arena

12/18 – Miami, FL – FTX Arena

image-1a71dad6c9fe44f2be512a55743c9c27-f

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
200003032.png?1697560191449

GRAMMY Best New Artist Winner Samara Joy Announces

‘A Joyful Holiday’ EP

Listen to “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” Out Now

D2C Exclusive “Verve Vinyl Collection” Also Announced

cover-001afb1c6b12486ba75fabdbfaffeb06-half.jpg
  # Artist and Track Title Time    

1. Samara Joy - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas 03:46    

2X GRAMMY winner Samara Joy is set to release a holiday EP ‘A Joyful Holiday’ next month. The 6-song collection of seasonal favorites is an extension of her latest album Linger Awhile and features a similar cast of jazz musicians - Pasquale Grasso on guitar, David Wong on bass and Kenny Washington on drums - plus Sullivan Fortner on piano. The tracklist includes previously-released singles “O Holy Night” (performed with multiple generations of her family) and “Warm in December,” in addition to a new recording of Stevie Wonder’s “Twinkle Twinkle Little Me” and both a studio and live version of “The Christmas Song.” Produced by Matt Pierson, the EP is set for release on October 27 via Verve and will be available as an exclusive D2C emerald green color variant LP. Pre-order / Pre-save ‘A Joyful Holiday’ HERE.

The “Verve Vinyl Collection” - comprised of Joy’s 3 Verve LPs ‘Linger Awhile,’ ‘Linger Awhile Longer,’ and ‘A Joyful Holiday’ - has also been announced, set for release on November 17. Pre-order HERE.

Samara Joy has unveiled a lightly-swinging arrangement of “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.” Listen HERE.

The holiday EP continues a whirlwind year that saw Joy take home the auspicious Best New Artist and Best Jazz Vocal Album awards at this year’s GRAMMYs. Since her breakout wins, Linger Awhile has reached #1 on Amazon Best Sellers, Billboard Jazz, Pandora Trendsetters, iTunes and Amazon’s digital-music and CD sales, and more. Joy has garnered over 1 million followers on social media, and her tour dates all over the world have rapidly sold out. Her voice, rich and velvety yet precociously refined, has already earned her legions of fans in addition to millions of likes on TikTok — cementing her status as perhaps the first Gen Z jazz singing star.

Throughout the remainder of 2023, Samara Joy will be touring across the globe, making stops in Athens, Berlin, Paris, London and more. The “A Joyful Holiday Tour” featuring members of the McLendon family kicks off December 1 in Houston, and includes shows in Nashville, Atlanta, Philadelphia, and two highly-anticipated hometown shows at the Apollo Theater in NYC. For all upcoming tour dates, please visit https://www.samarajoy.com/.

‘A Joyful Holiday’ Tracklist

1. Warm In December

2. Twinkle Twinkle Little Me ft. Sullivan Fortner

3. The Christmas Song

4. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

5. O Holy Night

6. The Christmas Song (Live)

Samara Joy 2023 Tour Dates

10/18 – Easton, PA @ Williams Center for the Arts / Performance Series

10/20 – Storrs, CT @ Jorgenson Center

10/22 – Brookville, NY @ Tilles Center

10/24 – Columbia, MO @ Missouri Theater

10/25 – Iowa City @ Hancher Auditorium

10/27 – Chicago, IL @ Chicago Symphony Orchestra

11/3 – Zurich, Switzerland @ TVD

11/5 – Athens, Greece @ Megaron Athens

11/7 – Hamburg, Germany @ Elb Philharmonic

11/8 – Berlin, Germany @ TBD

11/12 – Paris, FR @ Le Trianon

11/17 – Bologna, Italy @ TBD

11/18 – Milan, Italy @ TBD

11/19 – London, UK @ Barbican Center, London Jazz Festival

12/3 – Austin, TX @ Bass Concert Hall, UT Austin

12/4 – Nashville, TN @ Nashville Symphony

12/7 – Los Angeles, CA @ Younes and Soraya Nazarian Center for the Performing Arts

12/8 – Santa Barbara, CA @ The Granada Theater

12/12 – Chesterfield, MO @ The Factory

12/14 - 12/15 – New York, NY @ Apollo Theater

12/19 – Atlanta, GA @ Atlanta Symphony Hall

12/22 – Philadelphia, PA @ Kimmel Center

12/23 – North Bethesda, MD @ Strathmore

image-37662b8d74ab4b1eaf04b0331516eec0-full.jpg

Connect with Samara Joy:

Website / TikTok / Instagram / Facebook

200002953.png?1697618015625
cover-71f0b15e28984155b94529b8e0e2f3d5-half.jpg

1. David Foster & Katharine McPhee - Carol Of The Bells 02:54    

Edited by GA Russell

--RELEASE EMBARGOED--

200003032.png?1697849571406200005816.png?1697849571406

Verve Records and Republic Records

Announce New Holiday Album

From Seth MacFarlane and Liz Gillies

We Wish You The Merriest

Out November 3

First Single “We Wish You The Merriest” Out Now

13 Song Collection Arranged and Conducted by

Andrew Cottee

cover-a4883115fe0d47518acfb83983b0b170-half.jpg

1. Seth MacFarlane, Liz Gillies - Sleigh Ride 03:18    
  2. Seth MacFarlane, Liz Gillies - We Wish You The Merriest 02:26    

Verve Records and Republic Records announce the first holiday album from longtime friends and collaborators, Seth MacFarlane and Liz Gillies, titled We Wish You The Merriest. Embodying the spirit of classic jazz duets, this festive collection of holiday songs, arranged and conducted by Andrew Cottee, features the duo's impeccable harmonies and velvety vocals. The album will be released on November 3 and will be accompanied by select live performances. Out now is the first single from the album, “We Wish You The Merriest”. You can pre-order the album and listen to the single HERE

MacFarlane and Gillies have brought their bright chemistry and shared love of jazz and the Great American Songbook to a series of exciting collaborations, including their 2021 EP, Songs from Home. We Wish You The Merriest is sure to delight fans of both artists, as they showcase their musical prowess on timeless classics like "Here Comes Santa Claus" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."

Says MacFarlane of their latest collaboration: “I’ve had the privilege of working with a lot of world-class jazz vocalists throughout my career, and Liz Gillies is among the very best of the best. We had a blast recording what we can promise is the most fun holiday album you’ll hear this season.”

Adds Gillies, “After collaborating for nearly a decade, I was beyond thrilled when Seth came to me with the idea of recording a holiday record. Our first official record. There is no one I know who possesses a deeper knowledge and appreciation for this era of music than Seth.”

We Wish You The Merriest follows in the tradition of the Bing Crosby-Rosemary Clooney duet collections that both MacFarlane and Gillies have long admired. The album also serves as a delightful return to holiday music for MacFarlane, who previously showcased his baritone voice in his acclaimed 2014 album, Holiday for Swing, which debuted at #1 on the iTunes Jazz Charts and New Release Jazz pages.

We Wish You The Merriest Track List:

SIDE A

1. Happy Holiday

2. Frosty the Snowman

3. Here Comes Santa Claus

4. Sleigh Ride

5. The Christmas Song

6. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

7. That Holiday Feeling

SIDE B

1. Winter Wonderland

2. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

3. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

4. Christmas Time All Over the World

5. A Holly Jolly Christmas

6. We Wish You The Merriest

For more information on MacFarlane, follow him on social media:

X | Threads | Instagram

For more information on Gillies, follow her on social media:

X | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

Edited by GA Russell

15 hours ago, GA Russell said:

200002988.png?1698126670589200002953.png?1698126670589
cover-55c3e282285748bea4f272b04e6341dd-half.jpg

Follow Lindsey Stirling

Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram  | TikTok

1. Lindsey Stirling - Sleigh Ride 03:02    

Man, I'm a fucking old fart... over 4 BILLION YouTube views and I have never heard of this singer in my life. :)

2 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

Popular culture is much more fragmented now, and not knowing a famous artist is no longer a function of just age.

But I have two 30-something daughters, so I'm subjected to a lot of "today's music" when I'm with them. My oldest daughter is a big Swiftie so that stuff gets played a lot. They have never mentioned or played anything by Lindsey Stirling that I can remember. I have a sneaking suspicion that this singer is popular among an even younger generation than my daughters which only makes me feel that much older. :)

According to Wiki, "Crystallize" was one of her most watched YouTube videos. Never heard it before. Interesting stuff.