Christmas Music

GA Russell

45 minutes ago, bresna said:

But I have two 30-something daughters, so I'm subjected to a lot of "today's music" when I'm with them. My oldest daughter is a big Swiftie so that stuff gets played a lot. They have never mentioned or played anything by Lindsey Stirling that I can remember. I have a sneaking suspicion that this singer is popular among an even younger generation than my daughters which only makes me feel that much older. :)

According to Wiki, "Crystallize" was one of her most watched YouTube videos. Never heard it before. Interesting stuff.

Interesting.  You are much more plugged in than I.  I don't have kids, and I'm sure that I've ever heard a Taylor Swift song.  Maybe at the gym.

1 minute ago, GA Russell said:

I saw a meme on Twitter yesterday.

The woman says, "I've got a terrible noise coming from my car."

And the mechanic says, "Have you tried removing the Mariah Carey Christmas CD?"

I posted an image of this at 12:55 pm yesterday.

On 10/26/2023 at 6:40 PM, Dan Gould said:

I posted an image of this at 12:55 pm yesterday.

LOL!  Dan, I've always suspected that nobody sees my posts when they are the last one on the page.  So now here I am not seeing yours.

image-bd6b097bbe7c4be8955f9f853124bf43-full.png
cover-5a27aaf70c014d7e959a7f93a19f3929-half.jpg

Jesse Wagner, Western Standard Time Ska Orchestra
Bluebeat Holiday

Impacting
November 1st, 2023

Format(s): Non-Commercial, NPR

# Artist and Track Title Time    

1. Jesse Wagner, Western Standard Time Ska Orchestra - Happy Christmas 03:47    
  2. Jesse Wagner, Western Standard Time Ska Orchestra - Dominick the Donkey 02:31    
  3. Jesse Wagner, Western Standard Time Ska Orchestra - Jingle Bells 02:43    
  4. Jesse Wagner, Western Standard Time Ska Orchestra - Christmas Island 01:57    
  5. Jesse Wagner, Western Standard Time Ska Orchestra - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas 01:58    
  6. Jesse Wagner, Western Standard Time Ska Orchestra - Christmas Song 03:59    
  7. Jesse Wagner, Western Standard Time Ska Orchestra - Let It Snow 02:37    
  8. Jesse Wagner, Western Standard Time Ska Orchestra - Christmas Alphabet 03:25    
  9. Jesse Wagner, Western Standard Time Ska Orchestra - Merry Christmas 02:28    
  10. Jesse Wagner, Western Standard Time Ska Orchestra - Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town 02:42    

image-6a0adc9ec3f041f6b9b740318fcd12ed-full.jpg

GET READY TO ROCK STEADY THIS CHRISTMAS with Western Standard Time Ska Orchestra’s

“Bluebeat Holiday”, featuring lead vocals by the sensational Jesse Wagner from The Aggrolites! Recorded at the highly-exclusive Penrose Studios, this 20+ piece California supergroup delivers a Jamaican jazz & big-band twist on 10 of your favorite Christmas classics! From “Happy Christmas” & “Dominick the Donkey” to “Let It Snow” & “Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town” - “Bluebeat Holiday” is sure to keep you dancing and celebrating for years to come!

Western Standard Time is the world's premier Jamaican jazz orchestra. A who’s-who of California jazz musicians, WST’s featured performers have been awarded & nominated for Grammy Awards, performed on Oscar and Emmy television broadcasts, played on major motion picture soundtracks, and performed & recorded with international stars Michael Bublé, Brian Setzer, and Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band.

Jesse Wagner is best known for his work as vocalist for LA’s The Aggrolites. As pioneers of “Dirty Reggae” - a signature fusion of reggae, soul, grit and determination - the band has shared the stage with Social Distortion, Rancid, Flogging Molly, 311, Dropkick Murphys, The Aquabats, The Skatalitesand performed at Coachella, Vans Warped Tour, KROQ’s Weenie Roast & more.

TOUR DATES
Oct 28, 2023 - Fresno, CA @ Fulton 55 - Skalloween
Nov 25, 2023 - Los Angeles, CA @ Lodge Room - “Bluebeat Holiday” Record Release Party
Dec 13, 2023 - San Diego, CA @ Music Box - “Bluebeat Holiday” Record Release Party

SOCIALS
https://instagram.com/wstska
https://facebook.com/westernstandardtime
https://instagram.com/nutonerecordings

download

Jesse Wagn...

image-2ff79bb59de94276849e7df663035cb1-full.jpg

cover-80bb8de347a947c9a002d77d91a6ebe1-half.jpg

Deb Bowman
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Impacting
November 2nd, 2023

Format(s): Holiday, Jazz

Free those festive feet with Dynamo Deb Bowman's hit holiday release “Have YoursELF a Merry Little Salsa Christmas” produced by Jeff Jones “The Jedi Master” with MamaBamaRecords, Musical Arrangement / Direction by Dean Fransen. Recorded at Closed for For The Season Studios and World Alert Music NYC, Mastered by Andre Diaz at Post Modern Mastering Rio De Janeiro Brazil featuring the following artists:

Deb Bowman - Vocals
Manuel Valera - Piano
Jakubu Griffin - Drums
Joel Mateo - Percussion
Jim Donica - Acoustic Bass
Tom McCaffrey - Electric Guitar
Kurt Bacher - Flute
Michael Rodriquez - Trumpet Solo
Matt Hilgenberg - Trumpet
Rashaan Salaam - Trombone
Tommy Mandel - Synthesizer
The Jedi Master - Synth Programming

Deb Bowman's Social Media

www.debbowman.com
deb@debbowman.com

icon_facebook.pngicon_instagram.pngicon_applemusic.pngicon_spotify.pngicon_youtubemusic.png  

cover-f1a2ca2284b549eb8f9adab1d6bbd39d-half.jpg

John Basile
Silent Night

Impacting
November 3rd, 2023

Format(s): Jazz

1. John Basile - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen 03:36    
  2. John Basile - Baby It's Cold Outside 04:49    
  3. John Basile - Lulladay 03:38    
  4. John Basile - Silver Bells 03:43    
  5. John Basile - Silent Night 04:06    
  6. John Basile - Toyland 03:23    
  7. John Basile - Oh Tannenbaum 02:46    
  8. John Basile - What Child Is This? 03:34    
  9. John Basile - A Child Is Born 03:21    
  10. John Basile - Christmas Time Is Here 04:15    
  11. John Basile - The First Noel 02:32    
  12. John Basile - Auld Lang Syne 02:40    

“Silent Night” is an inspired collection of holiday favorites featuring guitarist John Basile interpreting timeless melodies in a latin jazz setting.

Utilizing his electric and nylon guitars combined with digital MIDI technology, Basile has created an inspiring holiday set that will be sure to become a Yuletide favorite.

image-17f092e372a14a4a9445f0aaf1790675-full.jpg

www.johnbasile.net

download

John Basil...

cover-5db96592e6d94bf19d5b0c458f068d81-half.jpg

Markus Rutz
Moods & Spirits of the Season

Impacting
November 3rd, 2023

Markus Rutz Chicago musician & composer, releases Moods & Spirits of the Season
His first-ever holiday album!  

Seasons of year brings to mind feelings, sights, aromas and sounds, and includes covers of classic traditional seasonal songs with original arrangements. 

The album features Rutz bright yet subdued interpretation of seasonal standards including:

• Blue Christmas
  • Christmas Time Is Here
  • Hanukkah Oh Hanukkah
  • Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let it Snow
  • Oh Holy Night
  • Winter Wonderland

“The holiday season carries many associations of faith, traditions, families, cities and nostalgia” says Markus Rutz, who leads the group and plays trumpet. “For me it also brings feelings. Moods & Spirits of the Season reflect these sentiments and offer the sounds to listeners to share from my own perspective.”

With trumpet by Markus the album also features his trio arrangements where Adrian Joel Ruiz is the pianist along with bassist Clark Sommers.

Recorded August 06, 2023 at Electrical Audio in Chicago, Illinois with studio engineer Brian Fox. Audio engineering is by David Stoller of The Samurai Hotel in Astoria in Queens, New York.

The selections for the album are representative for the trumpet player from beginning of school concerts through present day concerts in conjunction with the acclaimed Rose Theatre from Washington DC.

The songs will be very familiar, and represent a journey through his past. “I can remember playing holiday concerts at our junior high school gymnasium; playing themes with trumpet piano duets with my mom; and even together with my sisters joining in at times on clarinet, alto saxophone, voice and percussion during snowy weekend evenings in December.” While in high school, Rutz also took on holiday music with the county orchestra, and later in college with brass quintets emulating his trumpet professor John Aley, from a memorable live radio broadcast with the Wisconsin Brass Quintet.

These experiences, good feelings and memories determined the song selection which were then arranged for the trio performance in the studio featuring Ruiz on piano and Sommers on bass.

BIOGRAPHY

Markus Rutz plays trumpet with bluesy, soulful style and a tone that has been called gorgeous.

The last few years have been years of achievement in mid-career activities of performances and recording with local and national honors. In autumn of 2019, the album Blueprints Figure One: Frameworks was released which had tracks that appears on a story from NPR’s Morning Edition. The album was in consideration for a Grammy nomination last year. Also in January 2020 an album release concert was played for a New York City performance debut.  The second volume of music from the project was released in September 2020 as Blueprints Figure Two: New Designs. Album recognition and reviews were accompanied by several radio interviews and global radio features notably in France and Germany. 

Closer to home in Chicago was an honor or being selected as a representative of Chicago Music for the 2020 Year of Chicago Music.  A album live was released in December 2021 and features an exciting in- person performance side of Markus with a quintet.

In early 2023 the album Storybook was released on JMARQ Records out of Chicago. The work is a concept album that is a postcard from the musician as a personal contribution to the larger story we are all in at this point in time.

Partnering with musicians locally and from around the globe, he remains open- minded and curious through his musical journey benefiting from all that is new and unexpected.

Markus performs, composes and teaches music from his home base in Chicago, Illinois.

Rutz Music Works

More About Markus

Instagram

Contact
Markus@RutzMusicWorks.com

cover-f9202b84d44e43908e567058838c7234-half.jpg

SILVA & STEINI REIMAGINE HOLIDAY CLASSIC

CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE

FROM ‘A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS’

AVAILABLE NOW ON FOUND

"Christmas Time Is Here” is one of my favorite holiday songs. It’s not Christmas until I hear the song at my parents’ house, and everyone sings along." - Silva

"I love singing this one with Silva. It’s such a beautiful melody; like a distillation of every positive Christmas memory there is. There’s something reflective and otherworldly about it too." – Steini

image-0fcdc51440c5418dbe17a03f7bfd8e2a-full.jpg

Reykjavík, Iceland-based musicians Silva & Steini reimagine the classic “Christmas Time Is Here,” the popular Christmas standard written by Vince Guaraldi and Lee Mendelson for the 1965 television special A Charlie Brown Christmas. This updated recording features a gorgeously lush arrangement that finds their vocals and harmonies accompanied by the warm and dreamlike tones of a Wurlitzer, the muted sounds of a felted piano, and the ethereal texture of a shimmering vibraphone.

A first-of-its-kind boutique record label, FOUND emerged from a moment of life-altering fascination for founder Scott Blum. After spending a month in Iceland in summer 2022 and immersing himself in the country’s intensely vibrant arts scene, the entrepreneur and music-industry veteran felt called to shine a spotlight on the artist he'd discovered there. The result is FOUND’s mission to share singular voices in Icelandic music with the world.

More Information About Silva & Steini:

www.truetonegroup.com/silvasteini

Found Website

icon_instagram.pngicon_spotify.png  

200000712.png?1699299767391

cover-e0ba6a908859400fb1bcf313181e9f60-half.jpg

TOBIN MUELLER
Toyland Fantasy

Impacting
November 13th, 2023

Format(s): Jazz, Non-Commercial, NPR

TOBIN MUELLER’s “Toyland Fantasy” is a beautiful synth-driven tribute to the Holidays, combining several carols into an all-new epic audio experience. The recording is a perfect way to get into the Christmas mood, crossing rock, jazz, fusion, and holiday genres. The music has a Mannheim Steamroller feel, with a bit of Yes, ELP and Herbie Hancock thrown in. Prog organ, fusion Moog, layers of electric keyboards and guitar combine the timeless melodies of “Toyland,” “Carol of the Bells,” “She Moved Through the Fair” and “Auld Lang Syne” into a breathtaking medley.

Suitable for November through to the New Year, “Toyland Fantasy” is the final track from Best of Tobin Mueller, Vol. 3: Prog Fusion. Produced by Kenny Cash, Factory Underground Studio.

Thoughts on Best Of Tobin Mueller Vol. 3

"A masterpiece in the Epic Prog tradition.” - Progressive Magazine 

"Twenty-Two tracks redefining what prog is, what it might be… ironically leaving it less defined than ever due to the album’s sheer adventurousness and exploratory nature. You are left with a masterful array of music that takes you on unexpected journeys to the heart, to the nature of possibility and potential. An album forged of classical grace and rock groove. Pop accessibility and jazz complexity. A truly post-genre suite of music!" 
- Dave Franklin, Dancing About Architecture music blog 

"The compilation is a symphonic whirlwind of prog passion! Led by the massive keyboards of Tobin Mueller, dense harmonies and contributions from the likes of Scott Rockenfield (Queensrÿche) and guitarist Bob Piper (Pleaides), this is a true combination of energy and poetry. The music flows from idea to idea like birds winging from tree to tree. You will return to this collection time and time again.” - Brian Gerhart, The Progressive Ear

www.TobinMueller.com

icon_facebook.pngicon_instagram.pngicon_spotify.pngicon_youtubemusic.png  
image-19164cb88bd84c62a1e441af77586282-full.jpg

cover-8b4c3474d6c3487c9093f10e4f65b978-half.jpg

1. David Hazeltine - Christmas Time Is Here 05:57    
  2. David Hazeltine - The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) 06:08    
  3. David Hazeltine - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas 05:43    
  4. David Hazeltine - Winter Wonderland 05:53    

David Hazeltine - Special Digital-Only Christmas Release

New from HighNote Records

Christmas Cards from David Hazeltine

David Hazeltine – piano

Neal Miner – acoustic bass

Pete Van Nostrand – drums

These tracks are being commercially-released as 4 singles.

David Hazeltine is one of a handful of contemporary pianists who has mastered all aspects of the art of jazz, so it’s no surprise that he’s among the most recorded contemporary jazz pianists of our time, with 35 CD’s as a leader. 

For this special recording, David has invited friends bassist Neal Miner and drummer Pete Van Nostrand to join him.  Miner toured with Jon Hendricks, was go-to bassist for Annie Ross and can often be seen with Jane Monheit.  Van Nostrand has kept time for such luminaries as Cécile McLorin Salvant, Jeremy Pelt, Gerald Clayton, Kurt Elling and others.

These three musicians have put together some Christmas greetings full of the holiday spirit and a real joy in music making.  The selections transcend their holiday themes and stand alone as stunning jazz takes on classics of the Great American Songbook.  While the set-list is understandably decked-out in seasonal red and green, David reminds us that first-rate jazz performances, like these, are welcome at any time of year.

Like our stuff?  Let’s hear from you.

Record Company Contact
Barney Fields • HighNote Records, Inc.
jazzdepo@ix.netcom.com • (212) 873-2020 • www.jazzdepot.com

download

David Haze...

Rickey Woodard, John Chiodini, Chuck Berghofer, Louis Conte, Bernie Dresel, 

Lyn Stanley

Novel Noël

Formats: Christian/Holiday/Jazz

GET IT NOW

image-d7ec44deded4466180a54ec7cd75aaf3-full.gif

Featuring: 

Rickey Woodard - Sax

John Chiodini - Guitar

Chuck Berghofer - Bass

Louis Conte - Percussion

Bernie Dresel - Drums

<>
image-b5c5656f00a34489af651790b8baeb14-full.jpg

"This record is a true audiophile project, with a very high sampling rate, it sounds like it was done 35 years ago when budgets were at a premium.

Most of the mics we used were vintage tube condenser mics from the '50s and '60s.

I can't say enough about the musicians on... what I believe is one of the greatest big band records I've ever heard. It it was truly a privilege to work with Lyn and these musicians to bring her vision to life."

Allen Sides - 5-Time Grammy Winning Engineer

icon_facebook.pngicon_twitter.pngicon_instagram.pngicon_soundcloud.pngicon_applemusic.pngicon_spotify.pngicon_googleplaymusic.pngicon_youtubemusic.pngicon_tiktok.png

Holy Night (Lyn Stanley Original) - 2:53

Mary Did You Know - 4:51

Merry Christmas Darling - 4:13

Little Drummer Boy (In 5/4 Time) - 4:49

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - 5:37

Zat You Santa Claus - 4:11

Christmas Waltz - 4:12

Boogie Woogie Santa Claus - 4:35

image-93cefb5e1ce04a978ca5bc2ff485cce2-full.png

www.LynStanley.com

cover-854d3a00a76640089cccc05f0348566c-half.jpg

George Perris
The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!

Impacting
November 17th, 2023

Format(s): Classical, Holiday, Jazz, World Music

Hi all,

we are contacting you regarding our holiday new release from George Perris,

a multilingual recording and a touring  vocalist, who has carved an unconventional path throughout his career,

GEORGE PERRIS

THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!

Release Date: 17.11.2023

Rep Owner: Minos EMI, a Universal Music Company

Rights: World

Focus Track:

It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

ISRC: GRUM72301237

TV SPECIAL:

• A Christmas special titled “The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year! Live!”, is available for broadcast. It includes George Perris performing live, in a Christmas mood, the album tracks.

This TV Special will be broadcasted in US by PBS Special.

Album UPC:

Genre/Mood:

Holiday Jazz

Crossover Classical

Nostalgic

GEORGE PERRIS

THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR (TRACKLISTING)!

01. IT’S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR

02. THE CHRISTMAS SONG

03. BEFORE CHRISTMAS

04. UNDERNEATH THE TREE

05. SILENT NIGHT

06. LITTLE DRUMMER BOY

07. SLEIGH RIDE

08. PETIT PAPA NOEL

09. AVE MARIA

10. THE SECRET OF CHRISTMAS

BONUS TRACKS:

11. DOUCE NUIT SAINTE NUIT

12. L’ENFANT AU TAMBOUR

13. NOCHE DE PAZ

14. EL TAMBORILERO

15. CHRISTMAS BELLS WILL RING

Key-Highlights:

-His songs have charted in the top 20 positions in more than 40 countries. George has also released 2 TV Specials on the American network PBS: “Live At Jazz At Lincoln Center” and “Live At The Acropolis”, both of which reached audiences of million viewers.

- In December 2021 he was selected by the Grammy Recording Academy for their “Global Spin” series which showcases some of the world’s most prominent artists.

- He recently became a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, appointed by Greek legend Nana Mouskouri, focusing on combatting violence against children.

On 11/2/2023 at 11:32 PM, GA Russell said:
cover-80bb8de347a947c9a002d77d91a6ebe1-half.jpg

Deb Bowman
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Impacting
November 2nd, 2023

Free those festive feet with Dynamo Deb Bowman's hit holiday release “Have YoursELF a Merry Little Salsa Christmas” produced by Jeff Jones “The Jedi Master” with MamaBamaRecords, Musical Arrangement / Direction by Dean Fransen. Recorded at Closed for For The Season Studios and World Alert Music NYC, Mastered by Andre Diaz at Post Modern Mastering Rio De Janeiro Brazil featuring the following artists:

Deb Bowman - Vocals
Manuel Valera - Piano
Jakubu Griffin - Drums
Joel Mateo - Percussion
Jim Donica - Acoustic Bass
Tom McCaffrey - Electric Guitar
Kurt Bacher - Flute
Michael Rodriquez - Trumpet Solo
Matt Hilgenberg - Trumpet
Rashaan Salaam - Trombone
Tommy Mandel - Synthesizer
The Jedi Master - Synth Programming

Deb Bowman's Social Media

www.debbowman.com
deb@debbowman.com

icon_facebook.pngicon_instagram.pngicon_applemusic.pngicon_spotify.pngicon_youtubemusic.png  

Dynamo Deb Bowman's new hit holiday single “Have YoursELF a Merry Little Salsa Christmas” has released on all streaming platforms Tuesday, November 14th with great acclaim! 

image-6190b0de24144664a2b75ce8ab2c2614-full.jpg

Staci Griesbach
Christmastime

Impacting
November 10, 2023

Format(s): Holiday

1. Staci Griesbach - You and Me at Christmastime 02:44    
  2. Staci Griesbach - Dreaming of Christmas with You 04:59    
  3. Staci Griesbach - Santa Bring My Baby Back to Me
(feat Tamir Hendelman, Larry Koonse)
03:04    
  4. Staci Griesbach - Merry Christmas Darling
(feat Tamir Hendelman)
04:28    
  5. Staci Griesbach - Blue Christmas 04:29    
  6. Staci Griesbach - Hard Candy Christmas 05:04    
  7. Staci Griesbach - It's Just Not Christmas Without You 04:58    
  8. Staci Griesbach - Pretty Paper 05:15    
  9. Staci Griesbach - It's Raining on Christmas 05:25    
  10. Staci Griesbach - What are You Doing New Year's Eve 05:00    
  11. Staci Griesbach - White Christmas
(feat Jeremy Siskind)
04:13    

Described as a vocalist with "an instrument pitched somewhere between Rosemary Clooney sass and Diana Krall smokiness" (Milwaukee Shepherd-Express), Staci Griesbach's fourth studio album is here. CHRISTMASTIME features 11 tracks, and four of them are written by Staci herself. Christmastime features original focus track "You and Me at Christmastime" along with three additional originals from Griesbach including “Dreaming of Christmas with You” and “It’s Just Not Christmas Without You,” both songs drawing on the longing feeling of spending the holidays with a special loved one. On “It’s Raining on Christmas,” Griesbach explores the optimism of human choice and power in making change in a difficult world.

Staci's covers of "Merry Christmas Darling," "Santa Bring My Baby Back" and "White Christmas" are sure to please ears with her warm tone and swinging sensibility on the Elvis Presley cover.  And keeping true to her "country meets jazz" vibe, Staci's interpretation of Willie Nelson's "Pretty Paper" and Dolly Parton's "Hard Candy Christmas" will give jazz listeners something heavy to chew on with soloists Jeremy Siskind along with Rich Hinman and Rahsaan Barber.

CHRISTMASTIME is produced by Staci Griesbach for Hwy 76 Records featuring vocals by Staci Griesbach. Engineering and Recorded by Talley Sherwood at Tritone Recording. Additional Engineering and Recording by Harriet Tam. Editing by Harriet Tam. Mixed by Steve Genewick at the Stewart House. Mastered by Eric Boulanger and Jett Galindo at The Bakery, Los Angeles CA. Album photography by Kim Thiel and design layout by Gabriel Cervantes. Styling, hair, make-up by Staci Griesbach.

For more, visit www.StaciGriesbach.com

download

Album Artw...

download

Press Rele...

download

Radio Shee...

download

Single Art...

KATE SMITH PROMOTIONS

CELEBRATE HOLIDAY MUSIC

From Their Past to Their Present

cover-665bc890f2644dc6996fe220e27284b7-half.jpg

IMPACTING IMMEDIATELY

Drawing from critically acclaimed Artists’ Favorites we bring to you a compilation revisiting Traditional Treasures and Originals from 2016-2023.

MITCHELL SHINER - Latin Vibes LAKES CON SALSA 
A Latin Jazz Hanukkah  

Shiner Music MR004 (2022)
Hanukkah Oh Hanukkah 4:00 (Track 03)

Mitchell Shiner Latin Vibes is a Latin Jazz band from Milwaukee, WI. Exploring the music of Cuba, Puerto Rico, Colombia, and Brazil, Latin Vibes blends popular and folkloric grooves with contemporary jazz. Bringing creativity, virtuosity, and “el espíritu del Caribe” here is Mitchell Shiner Latin Vibes.

MIGUEL DE LEON - SAMBA DE NATAL  
Self-Release (2021)
A Christmas Samba 4:12 (Track 02)

Raised in a musical Mexican American family, Miguel de León remembers connecting deeply to the sounds of music he heard around him while growing up:  the radio hits of Mexican artists in his parent’s record collection, and hearing recordings of Sergio Mendes & Brazil 66.  In 1985 Miguel made his first trip to Brazil and was enraptured by the people, the culture, and the music.  Miguel’s goal is to use his gift of music as a means to bridge the gap between different musical styles and languages, continually exploring and learning about the world of music.   To that end, Miguel now releases, for the holidays, in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian – as well as an Instrumental version – SAMBA DE NATAL.

DAVE STRYKER - EIGHT TRACK CHRISTMAS 
Strikezone Recorde 8819 (2019)
O’Tannenbaum 5:25   (Track 10)

Dave Stryker-guitar, Stefon Harris-vibes, Jared Gold-organ, McClenty Hunter-drums, Myra Casales-percussion.

Stryker and the band do indeed put their stamp on Christmas songs old and new including more recent tunes such as Donny Hathaway’s “This Christmas,” John Lennon’s “Happy Xmas (War is Over)," Vince Guaraldi’s “Christmas Time Is Here,” and a bluesy take on “Blue Christmas." They also put a new jazz spin on Christmas classics “What Child is This,” “God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen,” “Sleigh Ride,” “We Three Kings,” and “O Tannenbaum” (featuring Eight Track II’s Steve Nelson). Perhaps the most fun is “Soulful Frosty,” Stryker’s mash-up of Young-Holt Unlimited’s classic “Soulful Strut” and “Frosty the Snowman”!  

UPTOWN VOCAL JAZZ QUARTET - FOOLS FOR YULE  
HouseKat Records HKR005 (2021)
I’ve Got My Love To Keep Me Warm 3:24 (Track 01)

If you dig jazz vocalese, then this is the holiday album for you. Vocalist Ginny Carr Goldberg leads and serves as the chief arranger for this vocal-jazz quartet along the lines of Lambert, Hendricks & Ross or Manhattan Transfer dishing up a smorgasbord of brand new original holiday songs by the group’s leader (“Fool for Yule,” “Whisper,” “It Doesn’t Feel Like Christmas”), along with their delightfully fresh takes on holiday classics.  

CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO

SUSIE BLUE AND THE LONESOME FELLAS - SUSIE BLUE CHRISTMAS  
Seraphic Records (2022) 
Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me 2:41 (Track 01)

Happy Holidays! This is a collection of studio and live recordings featuring playing and solos by the Lonesome Fellas and some special guests including Shane Guse on fiddle from Western Swing Authority, bassist Joe Policastro sitting in on "Blue Xmas", and Brazillian guitarist and vocalist Paulinho Garcia dueting with Susie on "Silent Night" from a live recording in Chicago. We hope that you enjoy our homey holiday offering, Merry Christmas!

CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO

AMBER WEEKES - THE GATHERING 
Amber Inn Records (2020)
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause 3:35 (Track 01)

An Inventive, Heartfelt, and Surprising Christmas Album in a  Diverse Program Filled with Swingers, Ballads, and Soulful Departures…  
Amber has a spirit and soulful quality in her lovely voice and she knows, so well, how to tell a story to make it touch our hearts. – Sue Rainey

LUCY SMITH QUARTET - SINGING CHRISTMAS  
Living Music Songs LMS1264 (2016)
It Came Upon the Midnight Clear 3:52   (Track 11)

Chicagoan Lucy Smith goes to church in “Singing Christmas,” the singer digging deeply into the spiritual side of seasonal repertoire. The austere beauty of her version of “Silent Night,” the gospel fervor she brings to “Jesus Gonna Be Here” and the imploring quality of her singing in “Rise Up, Shepherd and Follow” explore the meaning of faith. The unadorned beauty of Smith’s work, as well as her inclusion of less-familiar repertoire, distinguish “Singing Christmas,” making it a testament to what the holiday signifies. - Howard Reich Chicago Tribune

CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO

JOSIE FALBO - Each Other
JF RECORDS (2023)
Each Other  3:02 (DIGITAL ONLY)

Josie is thrilled to announce the release of a new Holiday song. "Each Other," written by Chicagoans Myles Greene and Ken Karlson.

In the words of Ken, the lyricist, the song is 30 years old and was waiting for the right voice. Josie is that voice! 

CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO

BUSELLI-WALLARB JAZZ ORCHESTRA - CAROL OF THE BELLS  
PATOIS RECORDS PRCD0030 (2006 Reissue 4 New Tracks 2023)
Hark, The Herald Angels Sing 3:00 (Track 15)

Patois Records is proud to announce that the Buselli-Wallarab Jazz Orchestra has re-released their popular 2006 big band jazz Christmas Album, Carol of the Bells. 

The re-release features four brand-new bonus tracks including a new version of I'll Be Home for Christmas, featuring legendary vocalist Everett Green who was featured prominently on the original release. 

download

ONE SHEET ...

BIG BAND CHRISTMAS

One O'Clock Lab Band, Canadian Brass

image-deb6fc1ba5254165848efef5beb468a9-full.gif

Ray Brown's Great Big Band

Jazz Notes for Christmas

Holiday/Jazz/NPR/AC

icon_youtubemusic.png
icon_applemusic.png icon_spotify.png

cover-9069403301e64b5da89e3fa7b4cf9c9d-half.jpg

Ray Brown

Based in Northern California since 1975,

Ray Brown has played with or arranged for numerous groups, including:

Stan Kenton

Bill Watrous

Frank Capp & Nat Pierce,

Bill Berry And The LA Band

Full Faith & Credit Big Band

JINGLE BELLS - 2:27

CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE- 4:16

A CHRISTMAS LOVE SONG - 4:41

HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS - 3:05

THE CHRISTMAS SONG - 3:09

BONUS TRACKS

THE CITY MEDLEY - 7:16

AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL-  4:27

"It's as if the Canadian Brass put out a big band record"

Keats Palmer - Nashville Music Review

SummitRecords.com

200009592.png?1699580026888
image-b5190dd3b4b64dd3935a5dcaedb6c7ec-full.png

200002989.png?1699562094135200002953.png?1699562094135
cover-c9db7bf880d3474fa48773f182beb35e-half.jpg

TEDDY PENDERGRASS’ BELOVED 1998 HOLIDAY ALBUM

THIS CHRISTMAS (I’D RATHER HAVE LOVE)
AVAILABLE DIGITALLY NOW FOR THE FIRST TIME!

The long-out-of-print title finds the legendary late R&B star putting his own special touch on holiday classics and soulful originals, including “Happy Kwanzaa” and “Christmas and You”

Craft Recordings / Concord is thrilled to announce the digital debut of This Christmas (I’d Rather Have Love), the sole holiday title--and final studio album--from the incomparable R&B star Teddy Pendergrass.  Available now, the long-out-of-print album, which turns 25 this year, offers a soulful blend of original songs (“Happy Kwanzaa,” “Christmas and You”) plus an array of festive classics, including “Little Drummer Boy,” “Oh Holy Night and The Christmas Song.”

Throughout his nearly four-decade-long career, Pendergrass was celebrated with a variety of honors, including five GRAMMY® nominations and a 1979 American Music Award for Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist. In 2021, he was inducted posthumously into the National Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame. Pendergrass is the first Black Artist to have FIVE consecutive Platinum albums.

When he began writing his first-ever Christmas album, Pendergrass was fresh off a starring role in the touring gospel musical Your Arms Too Short to Box with God and was readying to publish his autobiography, Truly Blessed. It was certainly a joyful time for the artist—and that radiates throughout This Christmas (I’d Rather Have Love). Working with frequent collaborators like the GRAMMY®-winning songwriter/producer Reggie Calloway and songwriter/producer Jim Salamone, Pendergrass recorded an array of original material, including “Happy Kwanzaa” and the hip-hop inspired “Having a Christmas Party (both written by Calloway). Other highlights include the Pendergrass/Calloway original “I Won’t Have Christmas,” while slow jams “Christmas and You and “This Christmas (I’d Rather Have Love) blend romance with the holiday spirit. Pendergrass also put his special touch on a slew of traditional holiday songs: from a grooving “Joy to the World” and Afrobeat-tinged “Little Drummer Boy” to soulful renditions of “We Three Kings,” “The Christmas Song,” “Oh Holy Night and the John Lennon / Yoko Ono classic “Happy Xmas (War Is Over).”

Upon its release in September 1998, This Christmas (I’d Rather Have Love) debuted at No. 83 on Billboard’s Top R&B Hip-Hop Albums chart. In 2010, following Pendergrass’ death, it surged in popularity again, peaking at No. 43 on the Holiday Albums chart. The album, which marked Pendergrass’ 14th and final LP, was also received warmly by critics, including AllMusic, which proclaimed, “Pendergrass' smoldering vocals make This Christmas (I'd Rather Have Love) one of the most romantic seasonal records on the market.”

Album producer, Jim Salamone shares “What a thrill to realize that Teddy's album is being re-released!  So many great memories are attached to the creation of this timeless work. It will be very satisfying for people to be able to enjoy this record every Holiday season.” Adds Daniel Markus, Pendergrass’s co-manager “Teddy was very proud of this album. He put it all together himself with some help from the Calloway Brothers (of Midnight Star fame) and Jim [Salamone].”

Multi-platinum-selling singer-songwriter Teddy Pendergrass (1950–2010) was one of the most successful R&B artists of his era, despite enormous obstacles and a life-altering tragedy. Born in South Carolina and raised in Philadelphia by a single mother, Pendergrass was heavily involved in church as a child—not only training his voice in the choir but becoming an ordained minister at just 10 years old. At 20, he became the lead singer of the long-running Philadelphia soul group Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes. Within months, they signed to Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff’s legendary Philadelphia International Records, scoring their first major hit, “If You Don’t Know Me by Now,” in 1972. The now-classic song, which topped Billboard’s R&B chart and peaked at No.3 on the Hot 100, was the first in a string of bestselling singles for the group, including “The Love I Lost,” “Bad Luck” and “Don’t Leave Me This Way” (also famously recorded by Thelma Houston in 1977).

As the group’s breakout star, Pendergrass embarked on a solo career, releasing his self-titled debut in 1977. An immediate bestseller (thanks to hits like I Don’t Love You Anymore and The Whole Town’s Laughing at Me”), Teddy Pendergrass marked the first of five consecutive Platinum-selling albums for the singer-songwriter, making him the first Black artist to achieve such a feat. Among them was 1978’s Life Is a Song Worth Singing (featuring the R&B No.1 “Close the Door”) and 1979’s Teddy, which topped the R&B Albums chart, thanks to the sultry “Turn Off the Lights” (one of his signature “bedroom ballads”). By the end of the decade, Pendergrass was one of R&B’s biggest stars and a bona fide sex symbol, who was known for his popular “women-only” concerts. He continued the momentum as the new decade began, with Top 20 albums like TP (1980) and It’s Time for Love (1981), as well as Top 5 R&B hits like “Love T.K.O.” and the Stephanie Mills duet “Two Hearts.” But his life was forever changed in March 1982, when a car accident left him paralyzed from the chest down.

It was a long road to recovery for Pendergrass, who underwent years of physical therapy. In 1985, he made his triumphant return to the stage during Live Aid, appearing in front of nearly 100,000 fans (and countless others via satellite) at Philadelphia’s John F. Kennedy Stadium. A year earlier, he recorded his first album since the accident, Love Language (featuring “Hold Me,” a duet with a then-unknown Whitney Houston). In 1988, he was back at the top of the R&B charts with his enduring hit “Joy” (the title track to his GRAMMY®-nominated 10th studio album), while the following decade would find him enjoying a regular schedule of releases.

In 2006, Pendergrass announced his retirement from the industry, turning his focus to his charity, The Teddy Pendergrass Alliance, established to help others with spinal cord injuries rebuild their lives. Four years later, amid failing health, the singer-songwriter passed away at 59, leaving behind a rich musical legacy. 

About Craft Recordings:

Craft Recordings is home to one of the largest and most essential collections of master recordings and compositions in the world. Its storied repertoire includes landmark releases from icons such as Joan Baez, John Coltrane, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Celia Cruz, Miles Davis, Isaac Hayes, John Lee Hooker, Little Richard, R.E.M., Joan Sebastian, and Traveling Wilburys. Plus, the catalog recordings of celebrated contemporary acts including A Day to Remember, Evanescence, Alison Krauss, Nine Inch Nails, Taking Back Sunday and Violent Femmes, to name just a few. Renowned imprints with catalogs issued under the Craft banner include Fania, Fantasy, Fearless, HITCO, Musart, Nitro, Panart, Prestige, Riverside, Rounder, Specialty, Stax, Vanguard, Varèse Sarabande, Vee-Jay and Victory, among many others. Craft creates thoughtfully curated packages, with a meticulous devotion to quality and a commitment to preservation—ensuring that these recordings endure for new generations to discover. Craft is also home to the Billie Holiday and Tammy Wynette estates which preserve and protect their respective names, likeness and music through day-to-day legacy management of these cultural trailblazers. 

Craft Recordings is the catalog label team for Concord. For more info, visit CraftRecordings.com and follow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.

1. Teddy Pendergrass - Joy To The World 05:01    
  2. Teddy Pendergrass - Little Drummer Boy 04:08    
  3. Teddy Pendergrass - Christmas And You 04:09    
  4. Teddy Pendergrass - The Christmas Song 04:09    
  5. Teddy Pendergrass - Having A Christmas Party 04:36    
  6. Teddy Pendergrass - I Won't Have Christmas 03:16    
  7. Teddy Pendergrass - We Three Kings 05:29    
  8. Teddy Pendergrass - Oh Holy Night 04:20    
  9. Teddy Pendergrass - Happy Kwanzaa 05:13    
  10. Teddy Pendergrass - This Christmas (I'd Rather Have Love) 03:47    
  11. Teddy Pendergrass - Happy Christmas 05:39    

cover-565ef74967a242e982d18295fc7e67f8-half.jpg

Staci Griesbach
You and Me at Christmastime

Impacting
November 3rd, 2023

Ring in the holidays with the perfect new original upbeat hit for your Playlists! “You and Me at Christmastime” is the lead single off Staci Griesbach's fourth studio album CHRISTMASTIME (Out Nov 10th). The playful original song features a "Meghan Trainor meets Katy Perry" vibe including du-wop background vocals and a catchy hook that will top this year's holiday playlists!

“The holidays are such a special time of year, and I’m thrilled that my first original song leads the way for this album. ‘You and Me at Christmastime’ seemed to write itself and really kicks off the album in a fun, upbeat pop-forward way,” said Griesbach. “I’ve also chosen some of my absolute favorite holiday standards to fill out the record. As a child, it wasn’t really Christmas until we broke out Elvis Presley or listened to Karen Carpenter sing, and, of course, my country music idols are represented on this album with covers of classics by both Dolly Parton and Willie Nelson." 

For more, visit www.StaciGriesbach.com

Contact

Staci Griesbach
stacigriesbach@gmail.com

Edited by GA Russell

On 11/14/2023 at 7:10 PM, GA Russell said:

Rickey Woodard, John Chiodini, Chuck Berghofer, Louis Conte, Bernie Dresel, 

Lyn Stanley

Novel Noël

Formats: Christian/Holiday/Jazz

GET IT NOW

image-d7ec44deded4466180a54ec7cd75aaf3-full.gif

Featuring: 

Rickey Woodard - Sax

John Chiodini - Guitar

Chuck Berghofer - Bass

Louis Conte - Percussion

Bernie Dresel - Drums

<>
image-b5c5656f00a34489af651790b8baeb14-full.jpg

"This record is a true audiophile project, with a very high sampling rate, it sounds like it was done 35 years ago when budgets were at a premium.

Most of the mics we used were vintage tube condenser mics from the '50s and '60s.

I can't say enough about the musicians on... what I believe is one of the greatest big band records I've ever heard. It it was truly a privilege to work with Lyn and these musicians to bring her vision to life."

Allen Sides - 5-Time Grammy Winning Engineer

icon_facebook.pngicon_twitter.pngicon_instagram.pngicon_soundcloud.pngicon_applemusic.pngicon_spotify.pngicon_googleplaymusic.pngicon_youtubemusic.pngicon_tiktok.png

Holy Night (Lyn Stanley Original) - 2:53

Mary Did You Know - 4:51

Merry Christmas Darling - 4:13

Little Drummer Boy (In 5/4 Time) - 4:49

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - 5:37

Zat You Santa Claus - 4:11

Christmas Waltz - 4:12

Boogie Woogie Santa Claus - 4:35

image-93cefb5e1ce04a978ca5bc2ff485cce2-full.png

www.LynStanley.com

Lyn must've blown the budget on making an "audiophile recording", because she certainly didn't spend much for the video marketing. :)

• 2 weeks later...

cover-432dd35f44a6455197b2e70050dad667-half.jpg

1. Norah Jones, Laufey - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas 04:18    
  2. Norah Jones, Laufey - Better Than Snow 02:47    

NORAH JONES & LAUFEY COLLABORATE

ON A COZY PAIR OF NEW HOLIDAY SONGS

CHRISTMAS WITH YOU

TWO-TRACK SINGLE FEATURES

THEIR ORIGINAL “BETTER THAN SNOW” &

HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS

WATCH

image-fbac7cae59b54ae695361e6f3106a5ce-full.png

PERFORMANCE

HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS

BETTER THAN SNOW

AIRED: NOVEMBER 27th

Norah Jones and Laufey have collaborated on a cozy pair of new holiday songs with their two-track single Christmas With You, available now. Two artists who seamlessly blend jazz and pop sensibilities, Norah and Laufey combine their distinctive sounds on two vocal duets—a delightful version of “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” and their playful new co-written original “Better Than Snow.” The songs were recorded in an intimate setting with Norah on piano and Laufey on guitar and cello. Christmas With You is out digitally on Now with 7” vinyl to follow on December 15 including a red color variant which is available exclusively via official artist stores and the Blue Note Store.

The credits for Christmas With You are as follows:

1. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (4:18)

Written by Ralph Blane & Hugh Martin

Norah Jones – vocals & piano

Laufey – vocals & cello

ISRC: USUM72315028

2. Better Than Snow (2:46)

Written by Norah Jones & Laufey

Norah Jones – vocals & piano

Laufey – vocals & acoustic guitar

ISRC: USUM72315026

Produced by Norah Jones & Laufey

image-426a2c062f7c4da1b553655f6dd9286d-full.jpg

PHOTO BY ELI RITTER

ABOUT NORAH JONES:

Norah Jones first emerged on the world stage with the 2002 release of Come Away With Me, her self-described “moody little record” that introduced a singular new voice and grew into a global phenomenon, sweeping the 2003 GRAMMY Awards including Album of the Year, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best New Artist. Since then, Jones has become a nine-time GRAMMY-winner, sold more than 52 million albums, and her songs have been streamed ten billion times worldwide. She has released a series of critically acclaimed and commercially successful solo albums—Feels Like Home (2004), Not Too Late (2007), The Fall (2009), Little Broken Hearts (2012), Day Breaks (2016), Pick Me Up Off The Floor (2020), the live album ‘Til We Meet Again (2021), and her holiday album I Dream Of Christmas (2021)—as well as albums with her collective bands The Little Willies, El Madmo, and Puss N Boots featuring Sasha Dobson and Catherine Popper. The 2010 compilation …Featuring Norah Jones showcased her incredible versatility by collecting her collaborations with artists as diverse as Willie Nelson, Foo Fighters, Outkast, and Herbie Hancock. In 2022, Jones launched her podcast Norah Jones Is Playing Along which features candid conversations and impromptu musical collaborations with some her favorite musicians.

ABOUT LAUFEY:

Laufey (pronounced lāy-vāy) was raised between Reykjavík and Washington, D.C. with annual visits to Beijing. She grew up playing cello as well as piano and became hooked on the jazz standards of Ella Fitzgerald after digging through her father’s record collection. In 2020, while still a student at Berklee College of Music, Laufey released her debut single “Street by Street,” which went on to top the Icelandic radio charts. Following the release of her 2021 Typical of Me EP, Laufey was named Best New Artist in Jazz and Blues at the Icelandic Music Awards. Laufey’s 2022 debut full-length, Everything I Know About Love reached #1 on Billboard’s Alternative New Artist Album chart, and she was the most streamed jazz artist on Spotify that year. Her new album, Bewitched, broke the record as the biggest debut for a jazz album on Spotify in history. The album debuted at #2 on Spotify’s Global and U.S. Album Charts, as well as #23 on the Billboard 200, #1 on Billboard’s Independent Albums Chart, #1 on Current Traditional Jazz Albums Chart and #3 on Vinyl Albums Chart. It has been praised by the likes of The New York Times, Variety, Los Angeles Times, Vogue, NPR, Pitchfork, The Washington Post and more. Her North American "The Bewitched Tour" sold-out in minutes, following sold-out runs in Asia and Australia. Today, Laufey has over 1 billion streams across all platforms.

image-6f2966d2e7454c7cb679992145f053ad-full.jpg

cover-80ac2eba41844d3b8dcfa5357f5ef0c6-half.jpg

Stelios Kerasidis, Katerina Stikoudi
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Format(s): Christmas, Holiday, Jazz, Vocal

This is a subversive collaboration, where classical with the 11-Year-Old Piano Prodigy Stelios Kerasidis, meets pop with one of the biggest Greek female pop stars Katerina Stikoudi, and the result is an impressive festive duet on the timeless song, “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas”, originally first performed by iconic Judy Garland and then by legendary music figure Frank Sinatra . In this sense, both Katerina & Stelios put us in the Christmas mood this year, with the cutest possible way!

icon_facebook.pngicon_twitter.pngicon_instagram.pngicon_soundcloud.pngicon_applemusic.pngicon_spotify.pngicon_googleplaymusic.pngicon_youtubemusic.pngicon_tiktok.svg

1. Stelios Kerasidis, Katerina Stikoudi - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas) 02:42    

cover-365d01d901104c4499c46f09680223a5-half.jpg

Caro Emerald & Metropole Orkest
Something For Christmas (2023 mix)

Impacting
December 15th, 2023

‘’Something For Christmas" evokes a warm, nostalgic holiday feeling. The song is a contemporary and flirtatious twist on the timeless Christmas classics by the likes of Eartha Kitt and Etta James. It combines the lush orchestration of the Metropole Orchestra and the electronic beats that catapulted Caro Emerald to global stardom.

Watch "Something For Christmas (2023 mix)" video here

icon_play_release_email_youtube.png

Connect with Caro Emerald

Artist Website

icon_facebook.pngicon_twitter.pngicon_instagram.pngicon_applemusic.pngicon_spotify.pngicon_youtubemusic.png

200002989.png?1701190412281200002953.png?1701190412281

DELUXE EDITION OF VINCE GUARALDI TRIO’S CLASSIC HOLIDAY SOUNDTRACK

A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS ARRIVES IN SPATIAL AUDIO

cover-e4c9b510ad344636a85edbb4d6715e1f-half.jpg

Available in Dolby Atmos®, Hi-Res, and standard digital, the beloved holiday album features a recently upgraded stereo mix, plus 13 outtakes and highlights taken from Guaraldi’s 1965 sessions

With timeless selections “Christmas Time Is Here” and “Linus And Lucy,” A Charlie Brown Christmas continues to be one of America’s most popular holiday albums with a 5x platinum certification and a No. 2 spot on Billboard’s Top Album Sales chart last year

Last holiday season, fans of A Charlie Brown Christmas were given an unparalleled behind-the-scenes look at the making of the classic soundtrack through a selection of never-before-heard studio outtakes in Craft Recordings / Concord’s Deluxe and Super Deluxe Editions. Now, The 24-track Deluxe Edition arrives in spatial audio, allowing listeners to seemingly place themselves inside the studio with the Vince Guaraldi Trio, as they create iconic selections like “Linus And Lucy,” “Christmas Time Is Here,”“Skating, and “O Tannenbaum” to accompany the beloved 1965 PEANUTS animated TV special. Available now in Dolby Atmos, hi-resolution, and standard digital audio formats, A Charlie Brown Christmas (Deluxe Edition) includes the original 11-track album—featuring an upgraded 2022 stereo mix from the original two-and three-track sources by the GRAMMY® Award-winning engineer, Paul Blakemore—plus 13 studio outtakes and highlights from Guaraldi’s sessions, all of which make their debut in immersive spatial audio.

Last year, A Charlie Brown Christmas reached new heights—nearly six decades after its debut. In May 2022, the album was certified 5x Platinum by the RIAA, while over the holidays, it reached its highest placement ever (No. 2) on Billboard’s Top Album Sales chart, beating its previous peak of No. 6 in 2021. A perennial favorite, A Charlie Brown Christmas ranked as the US’ top-selling holiday album on vinyl from 2012–2021, while it remains the best-selling jazz album of all time, alongside Miles Davis’ Kind Of Blue. Among other honors over the years, it was inducted into the GRAMMY Hall of Fame and was added to the Library of Congress’s National Recording Registry.

When A Charlie Brown Christmas first aired on December 9, 1965, no one expected just how monumental the half-hour animated special would be. Based on Charles M. Schulz’s immensely popular PEANUTS comic strip, the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning special captured nearly half of America’s TV audience that night. It would soon go on to become an essential holiday classic and launch one of the 20th century’s most popular franchises. Helmed by veteran TV producer Lee Mendelson, A Charlie Brown Christmas featured an engaging score by the Bay Area jazz pianist Vince Guaraldi. A fast-rising star—best known at the time for his GRAMMY-winning instrumental crossover hit, “Cast Your Fate to the Wind”—Guaraldi paired original cues (“Skating,” the instantly recognizable “Linus And Lucy” theme, and the Yuletide essential, “Christmas Time Is Here,” among them) with traditional holiday fare (including his spirited takes on “O Tannenbaum,” “Hark the Herald Angels Sing,” and “What Child Is This?”).

Now, with recently discovered audio from Guaraldi’s five 1965 sessions, fans of A Charlie Brown Christmas can hear his creative process—as he worked alongside Mendelson and director Bill Melendez to craft the timeless score. Joined by bassist Monty Budwig and drummer Colin Bailey for many of the sessions, as well as bassist Fred Marshall and drummer Jerry Granelli for others, Guaraldi can be heard performing multiple takes of “O Tannenbaum,” “Christmas Is Coming,” and “Christmas Time Is Here,” while a rehearsal of the vocal track (featuring young singers from San Rafael’s St. Paul’s Church Choir) is also included. Additionally, listeners will delight in out-takes of such festive favorites as “The Christmas Song,” “Jingle Bells,” and “Linus And Lucy.”

Music critics around the globe were taken with the Deluxe Edition of A Charlie Brown Christmas upon its release on CD and LP in 2022. Audiophile Review wrote, “The new mix retains the heart and soul of what this best-selling…album was always about, but delivers more air and presence around the instruments and an overall greater sense of detailing…it does sound like you’re closer to being in the studio with the band!” The UK’s Record Collector noted that the bonus material “Allows the listener to be a fly on the wall as pianist Guaraldi and his trio finesse their material with multiple takes in the recording session.” Paste Magazine hailed the album as “Vital for a collector...[It] offer[s] fans a chance to hear how Guaraldi developed his solos and his approach to standards like ‘Greensleeves’ and ‘O Tannenbaum.’ And there’s something wonderfully humanizing about hearing the metronome and false start in the first take of ‘Linus & Lucy.’” Stereophile praised, “Blakemore’s remixes sound great…any student of Guaraldi’s unique approach to jazz will surely find all the bits and pieces interesting,” while JazzTimes declared, “For Guaraldi fans, hearing his different improvisational ideas take shape qualifies as a holiday year-round.”

Click here to experience A Charlie Brown Christmas (Spatial Audio Deluxe Edition)

About Peanuts:

The characters of Peanuts and related intellectual property are owned by Peanuts Worldwide, which is 41% owned by WildBrain Ltd., 39% owned by Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., and 20% owned by the family of Charles M. Schulz, who first introduced the world to Peanuts in 1950, when the comic strip debuted in seven newspapers. Since then, Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the rest of the Peanuts gang have made an indelible mark on popular culture. In addition to enjoying beloved Peanuts shows and specials on Apple TV+, fans of all ages celebrate the Peanuts brand worldwide through thousands of consumer products, as well as amusement park attractions, cultural events, social media, and comic strips available in all formats, from traditional to digital. In 2018, Peanuts partnered with NASA on a multi-year Space Act Agreement designed to inspire a passion for space exploration and STEM among the next generation of students.

About Lee Mendelson Film Productions, Inc.:

Lee Mendelson Film Productions (LMFP) is the publisher of the Vince Guaraldi musical catalog associated with Peanuts. LMFP is also the producer and co-owner of the celebrated, classic Peanuts television specials, including Emmy® and Peabody winning A Charlie Brown Christmas, It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, and A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (celebrating its 50th anniversary), along with the Hollywood animation studio Bill Melendez Productions. LMFP also produced over 50 other network Peanuts specials, 12 prime time Garfield specials, 121-program series “Garfield and Friends” and many other film and television animated, documentary and entertainment specials. Founded by the late Lee Mendelson in 1963, Lee Mendelson Film Productions, Inc., has received 11 Emmy Awards (from 45 nominations) and four Peabody Awards, as well as Grammy and Academy Award nominations.

About Craft Recordings:

Craft Recordings is home to one of the largest and most essential collections of master recordings and compositions in the world. Its storied repertoire includes landmark releases from icons such as Joan Baez, John Coltrane, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Celia Cruz, Miles Davis, Isaac Hayes, John Lee Hooker, Little Richard, R.E.M., Joan Sebastian, and Traveling Wilburys. Plus, the catalog recordings of celebrated contemporary acts including A Day to Remember, Evanescence, Alison Krauss, Nine Inch Nails, Taking Back Sunday and Violent Femmes, to name just a few. Renowned imprints with catalogs issued under the Craft banner include Fania, Fantasy, Fearless, HITCO, Musart, Nitro, Panart, Prestige, Riverside, Rounder, Specialty, Stax, Vanguard, Varèse Sarabande, Vee-Jay and Victory, among many others. Craft creates thoughtfully curated packages, with a meticulous devotion to quality and a commitment to preservation—ensuring that these recordings endure for new generations to discover. Craft is also home to the Billie Holiday and Tammy Wynette estates which preserve and protect their respective names, likeness and music through day-to-day legacy management of these cultural trailblazers. 

1. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Linus And Lucy (2022 Mix) 03:06    
  2. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Christmas Time Is Here (Vocal / 2022 Mix) 02:46    
  3. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Skating (2022 Mix) 02:26    
  4. Vince Guaraldi Trio - O Tannenbaum (2022 Mix) 05:10    
  5. Vince Guaraldi Trio - What Child Is This (2022 Mix) 02:24    
  6. Vince Guaraldi Trio - My Little Drum (2022 Mix) 03:12    
  7. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Christmas Time Is Here (Instrumental / 2022 Mix) 06:06    
  8. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Hark, The Herald Angels Sing (2022 Mix) 01:55    
  9. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Christmas Is Coming (2022 Mix) 03:25    
  10. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Für Elise (2022 Mix) 01:05    
  11. Vince Guaraldi Trio - The Christmas Song (2022 Mix) 03:21    
  12. Vince Guaraldi Trio - O Tannenbaum (Take 2 / September 21, 1965) 01:01    
  13. Vince Guaraldi Trio - O Tannenbaum (Take 3) 00:57    
  14. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Greensleeves (Take 6 / October 28, 1965) 05:27    
  15. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Linus And Lucy (Take 1) 03:29    
  16. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Christmas Time Is Here (Instrumental / Take 1) 02:38    
  17. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Christmas Time Is Here (Vocal / Rehearsal) 00:24    
  18. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Christmas Time Is Here (Vocal / Take 4) 01:32    
  19. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Skating (#7, Take 1 / September 22, 1965) 04:20    
  20. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Jingle Bells (#3, Takes 1-4 / September 21, 1965) 01:59    
  21. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Christmas Is Coming (Take 3 / September 17, 1965) 03:47    
  22. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Christmas Is Coming (#1, Take 3 / September 21, 1965) 03:05    
  23. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Für Elise (Takes 1-2) 01:51    
  24. Vince Guaraldi Trio - The Christmas Song (Take 8 / October 28, 1965) 01:50    

200002953.png?1701708441408
cover-00cbf8a3dc3c43198b2af08111c99f2a-half.jpg

Concord Holiday Hits 2023

We're thrilled to share with you & your listeners a wide array of selections spanning the December holidays and emotions.  From perennial favorites to new classics, we hope you find a few songs you'll enjoy sharing.

Included are special tracks like:

* Hot charting singles: David Foster & Katharine McPhee "Carol Of The Bells" and Lindsey Stirling "Sleigh Ride"

* Brand new Steve Perry 2023 intro for his version of "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"

* Previously unreleased version of "Blue Christmas" by Stax legend Carla Thomas

* Previously unreleased alternate mix of Otis Redding's beloved "Merry Christmas Baby"

* Evergreen Vince Guaraldi Trio gems from A Charlie Brown Christmas newest remaster + beautiful renditions by Toni Braxton and newest Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductee Chaka Khan

* Live versions of Andy Williams classics from his Live - Christmas Treasures album

* Teddy Pendergrass' 25th anniversary of This Christmas (I'd Rather Have Love) from the first Black Artist to have 5 consecutive #1 Albums and first time album available on DSPs

* Holiday favorites Bing Crosby, Julie Andrews, Natalie Cole, Charlie Parker, Gene Autry, Jewel, Indigo Girls, William Bell, Kristin Chenoweth, Etta Jones, Rita Coolidge, Laurie Berkner, and Lawrence Welk & His Orchestra

* Compelling performances from emergent voices Allison Russell, Margo Price, Sierra Ferrell, Devon Gilfillian, Valerie June, Katie Pruitt, and Samantha Fish

* A variety of Hannukah and Kwanzaa songs plus Latin classic "La Murga"

* Extra fun (some naughty, some nice) from Steve Martin, Tiny Tim, Rufus Thomas, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, August Burns Red, Keb' Mo', My Kid Brother, and Albert King 

* Holiday soul from Fantasia, Odetta, The McCrary Sisters, The Emotions, The Rance Allen Group, The Swan Silvertones, The Persuasions, and Big Maybelle

* Indie goodness from Andrew Bird, Manchester Orchestra, iDKHOW, BAILEN, Sylvan Esso, Best Coast, The Shins, Matt Nathanson, JD McPherson, and Greg Laswell

* Instrumental beauty from Booker T. & The M.G.'s, Oscar Peterson, Elf score, John Fahey, Hans Zimmer, Cincinnati Pops Orchestra, Don Patterson, Tuts Washington, and Danny Wright

* Rootsy fun from Chris Hillman & Herb Pedersen, Mindy Smith, and Bela Fleck & The Flecktones

1. Steve Perry - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (2023 radio intro) 03:07    
  2. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Linus And Lucy (2022 Stereo Mix) 03:06    
  3. Andy Williams - Happy Holidays / It's The Holiday Season (live) 02:21    
  4. David Foster & Katharine McPhee - Carol Of The Bells 02:54    
  5. Teddy Pendergrass - This Christmas (I'd Rather Have Love) 03:47    
  6. Lindsey Stirling - Sleigh Ride 03:02    
  7. Otis Redding - Merry Christmas Baby (Alternate Mix / Remastered 2023) 03:08    
  8. Chaka Khan - The Christmas Song 04:02    
  9. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Christmas Time Is Here (Vocal 2022 / Stereo Mix) 02:46    
  10. Sierra Ferrell - Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree 02:07    
  11. Kristin Chenoweth - Happiness (Is Christmas) / Christmas Time Is Here (Medley) 04:26    
  12. Jewel - Winter Wonderland 03:39    
  13. Andy Williams - White Christmas (live) 02:41    
  14. Steve Perry - Silver Bells (edit) 03:30    
  15. Allison Russell - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas 03:29    
  16. Katie Pruitt - Blood Related 03:41    
  17. Margo Price - River 04:06    
  18. Carla Thomas - Blue Christmas (Remastered 2023) 03:17    
  19. Devon Gilfillian - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) 03:00    
  20. Valerie June - Let It Snow 02:16    
  21. Teddy Pendergrass - Happy Kwanzaa 05:13    
  22. I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME - Merry Christmas Everybody 03:26    
  23. Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - Santa Baby 03:21    
  24. Steve Martin & The Steep Canyon Rangers - Strangest Christmas Yet 03:42    
  25. Albert King - Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin' 03:52    
  26. Rufus Thomas - I'll Be Your Santa Baby 03:32    
  27. Tiny Tim - Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer 02:26    
  28. Kristin Chenoweth - Santa, I've Got A Bone To Pick With You! 04:00    
  29. Keb' Mo' - Christmas Is Annoying 02:13    
  30. Keb' Mo' - Better Everyday 03:35    
  31. Indigo Girls - Happy Joyous Hanukkah 03:40    
  32. The Living Sisters - Hanukkah 04:09    
  33. Houston Person - Happy Hanukkah My Friend 03:55    
  34. Bela Fleck & The Flecktones - The Hanukkah Waltz 02:34    
  35. Brave Combo - Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah 02:50    
  36. The Swan Silvertones - Go Tell It On The Mountain 02:52    
  37. The McCrary Sisters - Go Tell It On The Mountain 05:02    
  38. Sierra Ferrell - Jingle Bell Rock 02:23    
  39. Andy Williams - The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year (live) 02:37    
  40. The Shins - Wonderful Christmastime 02:27    
  41. Best Coast - Little Saint Nick 02:16    
  42. JD McPherson - Twinkle (Little Christmas Lights) 02:00    
  43. Samantha Fish - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) 03:53    
  44. William Bell - Everyday Will Be Like A Holiday 02:37    
  45. Fantasia - This Christmas 03:23    
  46. The Persuasions - Do You Hear What I Hear? 03:25    
  47. Toni Braxton - It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year 04:16    
  48. Odetta - Ain't That A-Rocking 02:04    
  49. Natalie Cole - No More Blue Christmas' 04:21    
  50. Andy Williams - Oh, Holy Night 03:04    
  51. Keb' Mo' - Moonlight, Mistletoe & You feat. Gerald Albright 03:29    
  52. Booker T. & The M.G.'s - Winter Wonderland (Take 2 / Remastered 2023) 02:08    
  53. Bela Fleck & The Flecktones - Linus And Lucy 02:54    
  54. Vince Guaraldi Trio - O Tannenbaum (2022 Stereo Mix) 05:10    
  55. Andrew Bird - Skating 03:38    
  56. John Fahey - Joy To The World 01:52    
  57. Hans Zimmer - Light My Fire 01:14    
  58. John Debney - Christmas Medley 02:23    
  59. Robert Shaw & Robert Shaw Chamber Singers - The First Nowell (Arr. R. Shaw & A. Parker) 01:39    
  60. Cincinnati Pops Orchestra & Erich Kunzel - I'll Be Home For Christmas feat. Tierney Sutton, Indiana University Singing Hoosiers 03:23    
  61. Cincinnati Pops Orchestra & Erich Kunzel - Precious Moments (from 'Home Alone') 02:45    
  62. August Burns Red - Home Alone Theme 03:48    
  63. Lindsey Stirling - Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy 02:39    
  64. Don Patterson - Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer 03:12    
  65. Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - Baby It's Cold Outside 03:17    
  66. Manchester Orchestra - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas 02:37    
  67. Sylvan Esso - There Are Many Ways To Say I Love You 02:03    
  68. BAILEN - Christmas Is All Around 02:40    
  69. Manchester Orchestra - God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen 03:09    
  70. Matt Nathanson - Farewell, December 04:01    
  71. Héctor Lavoe, Willie Colón, & Yomo Toro - La Murga 05:34    
  72. Gene Autry - Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer 02:58    
  73. Gene Autry - Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane) 02:43    
  74. Gene Autry - Up On The House Top 02:35    
  75. Gene Autry - Joy To The World 01:19    
  76. Lindsey Stirling - Little Drummer Boy 03:52    
  77. Teddy Pendergrass - Little Drummer Boy 04:08    
  78. Jewel - Hark! The Herald Angels Sing 03:21    
  79. Kristin Chenoweth - Why Couldn't It Be Christmas Every Day 04:19    
  80. Rita Coolidge - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town 03:32    
  81. Andrew Bird - Christmas Is Coming 03:25    
  82. Indigo Girls - It Really Is (A Wonderful Life) 03:19    
  83. Big Maybelle - Silent Night 02:20    
  84. The Emotions - What Do The Lonely Do At Christmas? (Remastered 2023) 03:23    
  85. The Swan Silvertones - Silent Night 02:34    
  86. Lawrence Welk & His Orchestra - Deck The Halls 01:11    
  87. Etta Jones - I'll Be Home For Christmas 03:13    
  88. Chris Hillman and Herb Pedersen - Blue Christmas Lights 02:17    
  89. The Laurie Berkner Band - Frosty The Snowman 02:36    
  90. Mindy Smith - What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? 03:53    
  91. Greg Laswell - New Year's Eves 03:22    
  92. Andrew Bird - Auld Lang Syne 04:31    
  93. Julie Andrews & Irwin Kostal - My Favorite Things (Part 1) 02:18    
  94. Bing Crosby - White Christmas 03:23    
  95. Charlie Parker - White Christmas (Live at Royal Roost / New York, NY / 25 December, 1948) 05:00    
  96. The Rance Allen Group - White Christmas (Remastered 2023) 02:48    
  97. Tuts Washington - White Christmas 02:40    
  98. The Original Five Blind Boys Of Alabama - White Christmas 03:18    
  99. Oscar Peterson - White Christmas 03:53    
  100. Gene Autry, Carl Cotner's Orchestra - White Christmas (From The Sergeant Gene Autry Radio Show Broadcast Nov. 8, 1942) 02:25    
  101. My Kid Brother - White Christmas 03:05    
  102. Danny Wright - Count Your Blessings White Christmas ("Home For Christmas" Version) 04:21