LF Eddie Henderson Anthology 2

Tom 1960

Yeah, the Capricorn records are the "must have"s imo. The later stuff is nice-enough (I suppose), but if I didn't have it, I don't know how hard I'd want to get it.

But those Capricorn records are, arguably/in some ways, more Mwandishi-ish that Herbie's own records. Word at the time was that they captured the band's live sound in a way Herbie's records didn't.

Can’t remember if I have an extra copy of this (vol 2, both Capricorn albums) — but I might.

Am about 1,000 miles from home/DC at the moment, visiting my Dad in St. Louis.

I can check when I’m back on Saturday or Sunday.

Agree with Jim 100% that both these albums are even more more Mwandichichi than even Herbie’s own. Top drawer material, both of them, but especially the first one.

1 hour ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Can’t remember if I have an extra copy of this (vol 2, both Capricorn albums) — but I might.

Am about 1,000 miles from home/DC at the moment, visiting my Dad in St. Louis.

I can check when I’m back on Saturday or Sunday.

Agree with Jim 100% that both these albums are even more more Mwandichichi than even Herbie’s own. Top drawer material, both of them, but especially the first one.

Sounds like it would be worth the wait.

1 hour ago, Tom 1960 said:

Any news?

Totally forgot about this.  But I just looked, and I do have one!!  Minty fresh too -- from the tag, I got it from Dusty Groove at some point, so it's in as good as they sell.  Not sealed, but still in those nice disc-sized bags DG sends stuff in.  Can't say I ever even opened it when I got it -- but I just looked, and the disc is pristine, liners too.

I'll send it to you for free if you like (I'll cover the postage too), if you can make a good contribution to Jim for the upkeep and maintenance of this board (direct to him, I don't need a penny).

Before you do, we should chat by phone briefly and I can run down some other goodies in my box of duplicates and trade-bait (that I'm too lazy to type up).  I'll send you a PM in a bit.

Glad I had one!