“Mosaic On The Move: A Great Jazz Label Gets Smaller, Smarter”

1 minute ago, sidewinder said:

Same here, mine has just shipped too.

I’m fortunate that a local framer over here did up a set for me around 10 years ago of prints I bought from Mosaic at a previous sale. That batch included Freddie Hubbard, Melvin Lastie and Art Farmer and I noticed some of those on the site this time. The framer did a brilliant job with matting and framing in a Matt black frame with white border - even added the session details/date in pencil on the bottom. I’m hoping that I can pop round and just ask for ‘another one of these please’ :).

Good idea on the rotation - I think I’ve identified a bit of spare space that will be just the job though.

Do share the photos of your framing solution, mate!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Just tried but there’s a 100k limit - damn.

Also just remembered Mosaic’s image reproduction statement. Too bad. :rolleyes:

I use a photo hosting service. If you’d like to send me the photos, please send me a pm and I will send you my email. 

5 hours ago, Brad said:

I use a photo hosting service. If you’d like to send me the photos, please send me a pm and I will send you my email. 

Reminded that condition of purchase of these is no reproduction of any kind, which we agree to when we purchase off the site so have to comply with that I’m afraid. Thanks anyway !

2 hours ago, Dmitry said:

Well, gentlemen, this page in our jazz journey has been turned.

https://www.mosaicrecordsimages.com/

End of an era.

Edited by sidewinder

5 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Reminded that condition of purchase of these is no reproduction of any kind, which we agree to when we purchase off the site so have to comply with that I’m afraid. Thanks anyway !

That refers to making copies of your prints, for resale. Moreover, the fair use exception to the copyright laws does permit making copies for limited use. 

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

That refers to making copies of your prints, for resale. Moreover, the fair use exception to the copyright laws does permit making copies for limited use. 

Not being a lawyer, I would prefer to apply caution on this one. 

Edited by sidewinder

23 hours ago, sidewinder said:

It's time to change the nickname. UMG lawyers may already be drawing the Cease and Desist letter.

I received my order yesterday afternoon. The dark room quality is top notch! On the backs are stickers with dates, and other interesting tidbits. Some date back to 1994, and have Charlie Lourie c/o Mosaic stickers. How long has Mosaic been selling these?!

Edited by Dmitry

Wow - that was fast !

Hope that UPS expedite mine across the pond. The quality of these prints, from experience, is absolutely first rate.

I don’t recall Mosaic selling these before the 2000s but may be wrong. With a Charlie Lourie sticker maybe these were 90s promotional stock intended for exhibitions/publications etc.?

22 hours ago, Daniel A said:

There are many lawyers here. We will take your case. :lol:

Yeah, right...:lol:

Edited by sidewinder

On 1/15/2022 at 7:37 AM, sidewinder said:

Being one, I’m sure UMG would not be coming after you. They are concerned that you make copies for profit, not an occasional display.

Moreover, it falls within the fair use exception. See Fair Use

Eric - I just went along to a trusted fine art framer and got them to advise on matte, glass and frame. They were able to mock up a partial frame and border sizing for a print corner using samples in the shop, to fine tune the layout. Easy peasy.

Edited by sidewinder