TTK Killin' It on Latino 54 WMNF!

TTK had the pleasure of sitting in this evening for Franco Silva on Latino 54 WMNF.  I was joined by the lovely Lounge Laura Taylor of Surface Noise fame.  I had no time for show prep, but I rose to the occasion, saving the station from two hours of dreaded dead air. 

I spun a mix of old-skool Afro-Cuban jazz, Latin grooves by >gasp< jazzsters (!), and Brazilian grooves.

The show will be archived at the link below for one magical week, before it disappears forever into the ether, along with your memories of the show. 

No room for squares.

https://www.wmnf.org/events/latino-54/

1 hour ago, Rabshakeh said:

I had a listen this morning before work. Do you have a set list?

If you go back to the link, the playlist appears directly under the "listen on demand" playback feature.  You may have to scroll up.  If you scroll up too far, you will be into the previous week's show, so be sure you are looking at Dec. 1. 

8 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Listening now.  Nice selections!

:tup 

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2021 at 8:35 PM, Teasing the Korean said:

8 pm EST.

If you go to "schedule" and then click on "Latino 54" on Wednesday night, the most recent show pops up.

TTK, I enjoyed the whole show!  The first few tunes were a little too exotic for my taste, but once we got past Yma Sumac, every song was perfect!

31 minutes ago, GA Russell said:

TTK, I enjoyed the whole show!  The first few tunes were a little too exotic for my taste, but once we got past Yma Sumac, every song was perfect!

Thank you!  I don't remember what I played in the first set, so I can't promise you I will avoid it next time!