Things Your Significant Other Just Doesn't Get

Inspired by my discovery that my wife really doesn't understand the appeal of A Christmas Story I am curious if anyone else has experienced something similar:  a movie or TV show that you love and they don't.

Extra points if:

The entire civilized world loves it too;

He/She looks at you like you're the idiot for enjoying.

(I get double points because she is the same way with Seinfeld - hates it when everybody else thought it was great, and gives me nasty looks while I am laughing at it.)

3 hours ago, danasgoodstuff said:

So many.  She doesn't like Spinal Tap because she thinks it's mean spirited and belabored.

Tap she likes a lot but I gave her sister the Best in Show DVD as a gift (and Susan delivered it), practically the same movie and the entire family hated it so much they sent it back with Susan.

7 hours ago, GA Russell said:

I remember the best time I had in a movie theatre.

It was the spring of '72, and I took a date to see a double feature of two new French comedies.  I laughed for three hours straight, and she didn't laugh once!

The Mad Adventures of Rabbi Jacob
The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe

Were you laughing at the movies, or were you laughing at her for not laughing at the movies?

I love those old Krimi-Series, especially "Der Kommissar" (Erik Ode was the actor) and it was black white and brings memories back when we kids all liked it. 

My wife doesn´t like that. Anyway she didn´t know about it before we met. 
I like "Kojak" when it was around 1977 or so. My wife would like it better but she doesn´t like films or movies where you see old cars, old telefones, and with that voices that sound more like a radio voice from the post war period. That "Kommissar" and all the guys acting there has that old "radio voices". 

I once took my wife to an open air theatre production of a Molière comedy in local Hassian dialect, in the garden of the Bolongaro palace at the Main River banks where my parents got married in 1939. She didn't get that specific Hassian humor.

Edited by mikeweil