Marilyn Bergman has died.

Hardbopjazz

Marilyn Bergman was an Oscar, Emmy & Grammy-winning lyricist, not a composer. She and her husband Alan collaborated with Marvin Hamlisch ("The Way We Were"), Lew Spence ("Nice 'n' Easy"), Quincy Jones ("In the Heat of the Night"), Michel Legrand ("The Windmills of Your Mind") and many others. "What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life?" was composed by Legrand, with lyrics by the Bergmans.

Thanks for clearing that up. But I do see her name as one of the composers for “what are you doing the rest of your life.”  It must be a mistake on the lp. I know Michel Legrand and Allen Bergman are the composers. Maybe she had something to do with the writing of that tune as well. 

Edited by Hardbopjazz

58 minutes ago, Hardbopjazz said:

Thanks for clearing that up. But I do see her name as one of the composers for “what are you doing the rest of your life.”  It must be a mistake on the lp. I know Michel Legrand and Allen Bergman are the composers. Maybe she had something to do with the writing of that tune as well. 

HL-7839First_BIG_1.png

45 minutes ago, Ken Dryden said:

The Legrands wrote lyrics for others’ compositions. They were a prolific pair who wrote many great lyrics.

You mean "the Bergmans", of course.

• 3 weeks later...